Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $43.99Trending at $54.99
- $50.99Trending at $52.99
- $15.99Trending at $20.30
- $14.99Trending at $17.47
- $14.92Trending at $16.79
- $16.99Trending at $19.89
- $29.00Trending at $38.58
About this product
- Product InformationParker Brothers' famous board game of world conquest finds its way onto the Sega Genesis with all of the rules intact. Up to six players can try their hand at defending and acquiring 42 territories spread across six continents on a world map. The object is simple: eliminate all of your opponents by occupying every territory. The video game version lets you play against the computer on one of three difficulty levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. There is also an arcade option, which has battles being decided by players instead of the odds. A split-screen view will place each player behind a cannon with a variable range of fire, and the first person to successfully hit the troops running across the battlefield wins. For those who prefer a more traditional game, the classic mode remains faithful to the dice rolling aspect of combat, only this time the dice are represented by cannons. You can then watch the computer re-enact the outcome or have it automatically calculated to speed up play. Players can also let the computer randomly assign territories or take turns selecting them.
- PublisherParker Brothers
- PlatformSega Genesis
- GenreBoard Games
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-6
- Release Year1994
- Game SeriesRisk Franchise
Most relevant reviews
- darnmyluckMay 04, 2009by
Wow, what a great throw back game!
The Risk game for the Sega Genesis is a great way to pass the time with friends or by yourself. The game controls are very simplistic and intuitive. Easy of play is amazing.
I love how you can play verse the computer. It even has an option to randomize the occupied regions if you don't want to take the time to take turns choosing. This game was ahead of it's time on a 16-bit platform. If your lucky enough to have a Sega and played Risk(board game or video game), this game will bring back fond memories. Hopefully you still have friends with whome you battled.
- esan1537Apr 11, 2011by
This is a great game, one of my favorites and what got me into the board game.
I really recommend this game to those who love global domination type games. Gives a different feel than most other global domination games.
- 1stormbringer77Nov 08, 2009by
War is Hell(but this is fun:)
It's true that war is hell.But this is fun.I've still got the board game that's 28 years old and even that's still fun to play,even if the dice I throw don't work out as I'd hoped.But this will almost always work out pretty good.As a retired veteran I'll always know that a real war is no fun,but this game will be better than what we're going through right now.And we need to respect the ones that are there in I rack and Afganistan.
- joebohnenkampApr 12, 2008by
Risk for Sega Genesis
Plays just like it should, excellent rendition of the board game for the sega genesis. I would also recommend monopoly for sega genesis as well, as both capture, the gameplay and fun factor of both games
- 07c263419deeb18...Jul 02, 2006by
CAUTION NOT LIKE THE BOARD GAME
Crappy game, just depressing to play. You can't even choose which country yuo want to attack and the music makes me angry.