Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Nintendo Wii, 2007)
About this product
- Product InformationFeaturing classic environments from earlier releases in the series, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles allows gamers to the explore mansions, underground testing facilities, and hospitals of games past on a next-generation console. Players lead Jill Valentine, Billy Coen, Rebecca Chambers, or Chris Redfield through each viral landscape, using the Wii Remote or Zapper against a never-ending barrage of zombies and other unsavory enemies. While out in the infected zone, gamers move on a path, and can adjust their field of vision to view unseen areas with the D-pad. Looking closely is essential, as key information is often within each interactive scene. This chapter in the Resident Evil franchise is playable alone or with a friend, and gamers may replay any mission to earn higher rankings and more effective weaponry.
- GameResident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
- PlatformNintendo Wii
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- ESRB DescriptorBlood and Gore, Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year2007
- Game Special Features
- FIGHT HORDE OF ENEMIES AS CHARAC
- Fight hordes of enemies as characters including Carlos Oliveira, Chris Redfield, and Billy Coen
- Fight your way though the game alone or with a friend using the Wii Remote or Zapper
- FIGHT HORDE OF ENEMIES AS CHARAC
Most relevant reviews
- nikeman54Oct 02, 2013by
I recommend this game for anyone who loves arcade games and Resident Evil!
I bought this game to play it with my wife because she loves the games that are simple and don't require the person to handle the character a lot. Arcade type games are perfect, like this game. I love games that you can upgrade weapons and find hidden things. This game is perfect for a quick zombie killing even when you're short on time. Awesome game to add to the collection for all you resident evil fans like myself!
- robbys_galactic...Jul 01, 2011by
A must have in any Wii owner's game library!
This is one of the first titles I purchased for my Wii. As a Resident Evil fan, I was excited to play through some key moments of the series' history through a rail-shooter perspective.
It has a mild degree of difficulty, and I would have easily given it a 5 star rating if not for some infuriating moments of game play. There are some "hazzard" moments, let's say for instance you are walking down a hall and a gas leak is about to kill you instantly. By the time you're aware of this danger, the screen will give you a prompt--either to shake the Wii remote, or press "A" or "B", and you have all of about 1 second to make sure you execute this maneuver precisely. If you do not shake the remote hard enough, or accidentally press the wrong button, you will die and head back to your last check point and repeat the process again and again and again.
To be fair though, that's one of the more challenging problems of the game, and it should be known that it's a highly accessible game to "new" gamers. My girlfriend doesn't play many videogames outside of racers and puzzle games, yet she picked this title up right away and started outperforming me after some missions. Not to say that it's easy, but the majority of the game has intuitive controls that become second nature very quickly. In no time, my girlfriend was lining up head shots and blowing away zombie brains--making it very fun not just for me but as a team experience also.Read full review
- dragonfly.40Jul 10, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- 1001271415@dele...Mar 14, 2011by
This game slightly missed the mark of my expectations in regards to the previous Resident Evil games from the series. However, very fun to play regardless.
It plays like standard "on-rail" Arcade shooters, where you control the gun, but not the movement. Frustrating at times because you miss important pick-ups, but doesn't diminish gameplay all that much.
Audio/Voiceovers: 7/10 (the conversations during the gameplay baffles me, how you can have a conversation of why you were arrested while shooting hordes of zombies is beyond me.)
Plot: 8/10 (the plot is recycled, as you play through the old favorites from the Playstation, however you go through different areas and don't have to worry about puzzles, making this less of a challenge and more of an arcade shooter.)
Fun game, but not something to go out of your way to get. The price is phenomenal for the gameplay, though. And it is a very entertaining game.Read full review
- jspostv01Nov 01, 2011by
Great game! Lots of fun! Must have for fans of the series!
This is a really great game. It takes alot of the Resident Evil story and bunches it together in a way that helps you understand the story behind Umbrella.
The gameplay is very good and also challenging even on the lowest difficulty setting. The functionality of the Wii remote with this game is excellent. Lots of quality gameplay in this title and a must for fans of the series!