Psychology in Action by Mark Vernoy and Karen Huffman (2001, Hardcover)
About this product
- Synopsis* WebCT and Blackboard courses are also available.,In this revision, Karen Huffman has built on what this text does well: pedagogy, guiding the student, facilitating the art & science of teaching & learning, technology, active learning, gender and culture. In addition, this revision focuses on updating the neuroscience and biology (ie the science) since these are the areas that are most rapidly changing the face of psychology.,The perfectly choreographed learning experience! As a full-time teacher of psychology, Karen Huffman knows that covering all the major concepts and theories, while still presenting the exciting and practical applications of psychology, is a challenge. To meet it, you need a fully integrated text and supplements package that sets the stage for a perfectly choreographed learning experience.,Through five successful editions, this briefer book uses an approach which promotes learning as an "activity" of the reader - it shows how "active learning" can motivate and excite readers to a deeper understanding of introductory psychology. With balanced and modern treatment of gender and culture, this book encourages readers to develop "critical thinking" skills. It is organized around the SQ4R (survey, question, read, recite, review) method of learning.
- AuthorKaren Huffman,Mark Vernoy
- Number Of Pages736 pages
- Publication Date2001-06-29
- PublisherWiley & Sons, Incorporated, John
- Edition Number6
- Copyright Date2002
- Weight68 Oz
- Height1.2 In.
- Width9.5 In.
- Length11.1 In.
- GroupCollege Audience
- LC Classification NumberBF121.H78 2002
- Dewey Decimal150
- Dewey Edition21
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentIntroduction and Research Methods. Neuroscience and Biological Foundations. Health Psychology. Sensation and Perception. States of Consciousness. Learning. Memory. Thinking, Language, and Intellegence. Life Span Development I. Life Spam Development II. Gender and Human Sexuality. Motivation and Emotion. Personality. Psychological Disorders. Therapy. Social Psychology. Appendixes. Glossary. References. Photo Credits. Text and Illustration Credits. Indexes.
Most relevant reviews
- hass8118May 11, 2011by
The book was in good condition.
The book had all it's pages but it still had evidence of the other owner, things such as sticky notes. Other than that the book looked almost brand new.