Psychic Children : Revealing the Intuitive Gifts and Hidden Abilities of Boys and Girls by Lindsay Harrison and Sylvia Browne (2007, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $35.85Trending at $36.50
- $29.90Trending at $45.00
- $28.67Trending at $34.95
- $36.97Trending at $48.98
- $21.95Trending at $37.99
- $36.84Trending at $69.12
- $95.81Trending at $109.20
About this product
- SynopsisLike all of us who travel to a strange place from a home we love, children are naturally more connected to Home than to earth when they arrive. They've just made a trip from one dimension to another, after all, so it makes all the sense in the world that they're still tuned to the higher frequency of the Other Side. Of course they can see and hear residents of the spirit world. They were residents of it themselves not long ago. In fact, like all of us, they're far more accustomed to living There than here. I don't care how many times we've reincarnated, or how long each of those incarnations lasted, our total number of years on earth are the blink of an eye compared to our eternity at Home. In computer terms (or so I'm told-computers and I have made a mutual agreement to stay away from each other), the world of the Other Side is our default. Our lives on earth are anomalies. Book jacket.,The respected, world-renowned New York Timesbestselling psychic takes on an intriguing new subject'the psychic abilities of children. Sylvia Browne shares profound stories of how children can be channels to the Other Side. A child's world is comprised of extraordinary things'vivid imaginations, imaginary friends, Zen-like na vet , and a heightened sense of good and evil. In fact, it is now in vogue to proclaim that certain children are a direct channel to God, calling them Indigo Children or Crystal Children. But psychic Sylvia Browne knows these are merely fashionable labels. She recognizes that allchildren have unusual psychic gifts and abilities'including each one of us'but society has been conflicted about those gifts, at times cherishing them and often stifling them over the centuries. Sylvia Browne writes from personal experience. After her own psychic abilities were revealed at age three, her mother tolerated but never encouraged her startling talent. Browne's own son would exhibit psychic abilities of his own as a toddler, which she fully embraced and supported. What Browne has learned over a lifetime is that psychic gifts are present at incredibly tender ages; they are, in her view, special blessings from God. Some children learn to develop them while others are pressed to ignore them. In Psychic Childrenshe illuminates the phenomenon, issuing a call to society for more understanding and acceptance of these remarkable children.
- AuthorLindsay Harrison,Sylvia Browne
- Number Of Pages288 pages
- Publication Date2007-07-24
- PublisherPenguin Publishing Group
- Copyright Date2007
- Weight18.6 Oz
- Height1.1 In.
- Width6.3 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- Grade From12
- Age Range18
- LC Classification NumberBF1045.C45B76 2007
- Dewey Decimal133.8083
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- mermaid232Nov 04, 2007by
Sylvia Browne has come up with fantasy and managed to pawn it off on alot of uninformed people as truth. She quotes the Bible, but totally twists the meaning of what the Bible says. She does not believe that Jesus died on the cross so that we can have eternal life. She is a pyschic and the Bible clearly states to stay away from pyschics and mediums. Her so called spirit guide is actually a demon. She mixes a little truth with alot of falsehood and outright lies. She believes in reincarnation, which the Bible does not teach.
She talks about some children seeing demons or evil spirits, but says "Never ever believe, or perpetuate the belief to your child, that spirits or ghosts can or would harm them. They can't and won't attack them or assault them or perform lewd acts on them or violate them in any way. If your child thinks such a thing happed, I guarantee you with my hand to God that what they really experienced was either a nightmare or some form of the astal catalepsy..." she also says "And this is true for adults as well, by the way. It simply never happens. Period."
I find that very frightening to say the least. If you are in tune with yourself, you know when you are around evil. Ms. Browne is very deceived indeed because she claims there are no evil spirits or a devil.
A book that exposes the New Age, that I recommend is by Johanna Michaelsen. Her book "The beautiful Side of Evil and "Like Lambs to the Slaughter", expose alot of these lies. I pray for Slvia Browne, because I know God loves her and everyone, but He doesn't want any of us to be deceived and that is what she is doing.
I give this book a poor rating. It's not worth the paper that it is written on.Read full review
- riashorseranchFeb 15, 2008by
Fantastic Read for everybody Makes you think
I think everyone should read this book and give it a chance to sink in. Open your mind to ideas you might not have been raised to believe. It opens your attention to the spiritual realm in a fantastic way. It is very God centered in a none specified religious manner. For some it may really explain things or help you understand childhood experiences of your own or a child in your life. This was my first Sylvia Browne book - I was very delighted.
- 49erhunyApr 07, 2008by
Being a Sylvia Brown fan and a grandparent of a 2 yrs old I was extremely interested in this book. Sylvia has given me some insight into the workings/mind of my grandson and has shown some sgns of possibly having some of the skills that she mentions in her book. If you are not a fan of hers then you might not understand some of the things that she mentions. But if you are, this is a must read. For she indicates that this ability may be brief when the child is very young.
- xo_miss_crystal...Jan 17, 2011by
I love reading anything regards spirits, ghosts, or mediums. I enjoyed this book! Sylvia Brown is a great writer who lives an interesting yet pretty amazing life!
- 583140694@delet...Feb 06, 2008by
Sylvia Browne truly amazes and inspires me. I have read so many of her works and truly find the it brings me closer to God. I hate to contradict, but I doubt the person writing negative reviews on all these novels, has taken the time to read a single one of them. So to anyone out there considering this or any other of her works, do it! It is worth it.