Power of 10 : The Once-a-Week Slow Motion Fitness Revolution by Adam Zickerman and Bill Schley (2002, Hardcover)
About this product
- SynopsisIf you're one of the millions who are just too busy to get in shape, or think that keeping fit takes endless hours in the gym and depressing diets, we have good news and bad news. The good news: Now you can get in the best shape of your life by working out 2O minutes, once a week, and following the generous eating rules in a program called Power-of-10. The bad news? You've just lost your last excuse! Power-of-10 is a full-blown fitness revolution-based on a remarkably advanced yet simple discovery: By lifting weights in a series of ultra-slow movements that last 10 seconds each, you can stimulate lean muscle formation far more efficiently and safely than regular weight lifting or aerobics. Together with a healthy nutrition plan and a focus on rest and recovery, Power-of-10 is so effective that as little as one 20-minute workout per week is enough to build muscle, burn fat, and improve cardiovascular health at any age. No wonder people find it hard to believe, Until they try their first workout! Best of all, you're about to see why Power-of-10 expert Adam Zickerman is so popular with his clients. He makes it surprisingly fun! Adam guides you step-by-step with workouts for every major muscle group using machines or free weights at the gym, at home, or when you're on the road. Backed by more than twenty years of research, Power-of-10 principles are changing the way America gets in shape. So hang on to your "healthy skepticism." Let Adam show you Power-of-10. And watch it turn to just plain "healthy."
- AuthorAdam Zickerman,Bill Schley
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- Publication Date2002-12-24
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Copyright Date2003
- Weight24.2 Oz
- Height0.7 In.
- Width7.4 In.
- Length9.1 In.
- LC Classification NumberRA781.6
- Dewey Decimal613.7/1
- Dewey Edition21
- ReviewsThis book's not just smart, it's refreshingly funny! Power of 10 makes me stronger. Adam's program works.
Most relevant reviews
- 29854883@delete...Feb 05, 2009by
great info on a full body work out
I bought the book just a few ago and it works great I was looking for something that would give me a full body workout with weights and doesn't take a super long time, and is also mechanically sound...this is a great read and easy to do with less time than usual for such a hardy and full work out!! I REALLY recommend you give it a try!