All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe SX 70 Sonar OneStep is an instant auto focusing SLR camera that conveniently and quickly focuses on the subject. The 4-element lens of this Polaroid film camera provides a sharp image with great contrast. You can capture close and detailed picture with the 10.4-inche minimum focusing distance of this Polaroid instant camera. With f/8 glass lens, the SX 70 Sonar OneStep offers clear and accurate image, even in poor lighting condition. This folding single lens reflex Polaroid film camera folds up flat and occupies less space, so that you can easily carry it. The automatic exposure system of this Polaroid instant camera uses right amount of light and produces exceptional picture instantly. The SX 70 Sonar OneStep has an Auto flash exposure feature that offers a bright image in the darkest environment.
- ModelSX 70 Sonar OneStep
- MPNDoes Not Apply
- Camera TypeInstant
Most relevant reviews
- greg.vintagedir...Oct 12, 2012by
Fun, amazing, historic camera. Just be ready to spend some dough on film!
From the late '40s until the decision to cease production of instant film and cameras in 2008, a Polaroid camera was the only way to take a picture and hold it in your hands within minutes from a totally self-contained package. The introduction of integral film and the SX-70 folding cameras in the early 1970s changed the whole game. Creating a high-quality, single-lens reflex camera that took instant pictures put the Polaroid folding camera in more hands around the world than anyone could have imagined. This series of cameras is legendary for it's quality and ease of use, as well as the unique quality it lends to it's pictures. Although fairly large and cumbersome by today's standards, it was quite an innovation at the time it was conceived and built. Capable of taking sharp focus pictures from 10" to infinity, a true single lens reflex camera (allowing you to see the exact image that will be exposed on to the film), it allows the photographer to take stunning pictures with less guesswork when it comes to framing and focus. The sonar auto-focus used by Polaroid was pioneered on these cameras and remained in use right up until the last cameras were produced- quick and accurate, and easily overridden by pressing a button above the manual focus wheel, allowing for fine adjustment when the sonar is being "tricked" in to focusing on the wrong object, or for tight close-up pictures. If you are an old Polaroid junkie like myself, this is a camera you need to have: the legendary SX-70 SONAR. When used in combination with the Impossible/MINT Flash Bar and the newest Impossible films, you can really enjoy your old Polaroid again and capture the faces of all the people who remember and love these cameras and the fantastic memories they preserved in that little white frame. Be prepared, however: Polaroid film has never been cheap and since it's demise, the alternatives have only gotten more expensive. If you're considering one of these cameras, you probably love these beyond the capacity to care about the film costs, but for most people just looking to pop a couple shots at a kid's birthday party, it's not practical. You need to love these things to justify it, and with that in mind, it's worth any cost as long as it works. Overall, a good value for the analog crowd. Read full review
- paulsdrums1Aug 14, 2011by
I love it! Cool! I'm into cameras and taking pictures. There is nothing I dislike about this camera.
- aloud91Jun 01, 2011by
Another classic polaroid camera
An excellent camera for experts in photography but also for people who just love classic polaroid images.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Film Cameras
Save on Film Cameras
- $31.41Trending at $54.99
- $85.00Trending at $114.84
- $142.00Trending at $173.50