Pern: A Gift of Dragons by Anne McCaffrey (2002, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $12.00Trending at $18.89
- $14.61Trending at $14.91
- $12.30Trending at $12.75
- $14.84Trending at $15.15
- $12.63Trending at $13.76
- $15.85Trending at $20.14
- $9.99Trending at $15.49
About this product
- SynopsisFor more than thirty years, Pern has conjured visions of brave men and women mounted upon the backs of dragons. As anyone knows who has been touched by the storytelling magic of Anne McCaffrey, to read of the exotic world of Pern is to inhabit itand to experience its extraordinary dragons is to soar aloft with them and share their dazzling adventures. Now,A Gift of Dragonsbrings together three beloved stories and a thrilling new tale of Pern in a single volume illustrated with beautiful artwork by Tom Kidd. In "The Smallest Dragonboy," Keevan is the youngest dragonrider candidate, determined to impress a dragon when the next clutch of eggs hatches. But what transpires will surprise everyoneKeevan most of all. In "The Girl Who Heard Dragons," a young girl's rare ability to communicate with dragons puts her family in danger and will bring her face to face with her greatest fearsand with her most secret desire. The "Runner of Pern" is a girl named Tenna, who follows family tradition by delivering messagesand who will find her destiny on the mossy traces that runners have used for centuries under the dragon-filled sky. And finally, a very special gift: an exciting new Pern adventure, published here for the first time, fresh from the imagination of Anne McCaffrey.
- AuthorAnne McCaffrey
- Number Of Pages304 pages
- Publication Date2002-10-29
- PublisherRandom House Publishing Group
- Copyright Date2002
- Weight11.7 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width4.8 In.
- Length7.4 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3563.A255G54 2002
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition22
- Illustrated byTom Kidd
Most relevant reviews
- akaymceeApr 02, 2008by
A Gift of Dragons
These are three short stories about different aspects of Pern culture.The story of the Smallest Dragonboy shows life as a child of a dragon rider in a weyr. A Girl Who Heard Dragons shows the life of some of the homeless who survive living in caves. Lastly Runner of Pern shows a little of the life of "runners" or Perns version of the pony express. The story of Tenna the runner takes place before the first threadfall after the long interval, Aramina (The Girl Who Heard Dragons) story starts before first threadfall after the long interval but continues on past the start of threadfall and Keevan story takes place long after threadfall has been established. These are delightful stories for those who are avid Pern followers or a great introductory set for those just getting started.
- ladyalina517Aug 27, 2008by
A Gift of Dragons by Anne McCaffrey
Yet another example o'the wonderful writin's of Anne McCaffrey and her Dragonriders of Pern series! I was sucked right in to the world of Pern all over again, like I had never left. Even if you have never read any o'the previous novels, you are instantly thrown in the lives of both man and dragon and the paroles they face, wantin' to stand alongside them and both fight and feel as they do. Anne McCaffrey has a way o' allowin' the reader to BE there with the characters, feelin' each Dragon's breath upon your skin, and that will keep THIS reader returnin' to these stories over and over again. Not a book to miss.
- kyokochan1957Apr 09, 2013by
Sweet little volume .
Nice little volume of Dragonriders of Pern . . . two stories of four already published elsewhere . . . nice illustrations . . . needed to finish out my collection . . . Praise to the late Anne McCaffrey .
- apharyderAug 08, 2012by
Grabs your immediate attention and will not let you go!! VERY good book!!!!
Wonderful way to take a break from your troubles. Within 1-2 minutes/pages you are transported to PERN. I truly hope that after losing Anne last year, her son Todd continues the PERN series.
- dragonridercraz...Nov 08, 2011by
Go buy yourself a copy of this great book.
I love it. a Great book to read you might not want to put it down. I have read it once before from the library now i can read it anytime i want to and reread it again on the stories i like the best no matter what.