More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,929.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $5,388.81Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $774.90Trending at $996.95
- $649.99Trending at $729.95
- $414.99Trending at $549.00
- $994.95Trending at $1,324.49
About this product
- Product InformationThe DMC-ZS7 features a 25mm ultra wide-angle 12x optical zoom f/3.3-4.9 Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens. Incorporating Panasonic's advanced optical technologies, this lens system is comprised of 10 elements in 8 groups, with 2 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) lenses and 2 aspherical lenses/3 aspherical surfaces while preserving compactness. This lens system enables a remarkable 25 to 300mm range of focal length in this compact body. The powerful zoom of the DMC-ZS7 can be freely controlled even when shooting motion images. Inheriting the fine rendering and outstanding quality of the Leica Elmar lens, this easy-to-carry camera delivers beautiful images any time, any place.Thanks to the newly incorporated intelligent resolution technology, the intelligent zoom is available with the DMC-ZS7 which extends the zoom ratio by approximate 1.3x maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 12x optical can virtually extend to 16x equivalent. Furthermore, the extra optical zoom function that extends zoom power to 23.4x by using the center part of the large CCD to bring subjects even closer.
- Product Features
- 25mm ultra wide-angle lens
The DMC-ZS7 features a 25mm ultra wide-angle 12x optical zoom f/3.3-4.9 Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens. Incorporating Panasonic's advanced optical technologies, this lens system is comprised of 10 elements in 8 groups, with 2 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) lenses and 2 aspherical lenses/3 aspherical surfaces while preserving compactness. This lens system enables a remarkable 25 to 300mm range of focal length in this compact body. The powerful zoom of the DMC-ZS7 can be freely controlled even when shooting motion images. Inheriting the fine rendering and outstanding quality of the Leica Elmar lens, this easy-to-carry camera delivers beautiful images any time, any place.
- 16x intelligent zoom/23.4x extra optical zoom
Thanks to the newly incorporated intelligent resolution technology, the intelligent zoom is available with the DMC-ZS7 which extends the zoom ratio by approximate 1.3x maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 12x optical can virtually extend to 16x equivalent. Furthermore, the extra optical zoom function that extends zoom power to 23.4x by using the center part of the large CCD to bring subjects even closer.
- Powerful 12x optical zoom
The addition of AVCHD Lite HD movie recording doubles the appeal of the DMC-ZS7. This single camera lets you capture virtually all images in their natural beauty. It gives you both motion and still images, and ranges from 25mm ultra wide-angle shots of sweeping landscapes to powerful 12x optical zoom shots that pull distant subjects right up close. The mechanism design minimizes the noise of auto focusing or zooming.
- Travel mode with GPS for both photos and movies
By simply turning on the GPS function, the location data and time are automatically updated. It is great for travel recordings. The DMC-TS7 camera is acclaimed as an excellent travel companion because of a wide shooting range and hybrid recording capability of high quality photos and movies. The DMC-ZS7 further enhances its value by adding a built-in GPS unit into the camera.
- 25mm ultra wide-angle lens
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom12x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/2.33"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range3cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera25 - 300mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto,ISO auto (1600-6400)
- Light Sensitivity Max6400
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.6 m - 5.3 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size15MB
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth1.28 in.
- Height2.35 in.
- Width4.07 in.
- Weight6.88 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD Lite,MJPEG,QuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features720p HD Movie Recording,Audio Recording,Auto Backlight Compensation,Automatic Brightness Adjustment,Automatic Face Tracking,Backlight Compensation,Built-In GPS,Built-In Help Guide,Built-In Speaker,Contrast Control,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Noise Reduction,Direct Print,Dolby Digital AC-3 (2 channel) Recording,Exif Print Support,Histogram Display,Intelligent Resolution Technology,Intelligent Scene Selector,Motion Detection,Orientation Detection,PictBridge Support,RGB Primary Color Filter,Red eye Fix,Resizing an Image,Saturation Control,Scene Detection Technology,Sharpness Control,Text Input To Exif Header,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsAerial photo,Baby1,Baby2,Beach,Candle,Clipboard,Film grain,Fireworks,Flash-burst,Food,Hi-speed burst,High dynamic,High sensitivity,Night portrait,Night scene,Panorama assist,Party/indoor,Pet,Photo frame,Pin hole,Portrait mode,Scenery,Self-portrait,Snow,Soft skin,Sports mode,Starry sky,Sunset,Transform,Underwater
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Cool,Happy,Natural,Neutral,Sepia,Vivid,Warm
- Continuous Shooting Speed10 frames per second,10 frames per second (3MPix),2.3 frames per second,6 frames per second,6 frames per second (3MPix)
- Exterior ColorRed
Most relevant reviews
- danographyMay 01, 2015by
Great Value for the Quality and Price.
This is a Very High Quality Point & Shoot Digital Camera / Camcorder Combination. Totally GREAT LENS and EXCEPTIONAL PHOTO QUALITY & VIDEOS. 1280 x 1080 Videos as as sharp as you would ever want, and 12MP Stills can fill an entire billboard with crystal clarity images. Built in Optical Stabilizer helps a lot also. Leica Lens is great, even when added to 4X digital zoomm making very high 48 Power Magnification. The GPS functions on many diverse satellites and is always upgrading and reevaluating the location also. I think an EXCEPTIONAL VALUE for the purchase price even though most persons prefer their smartphones for everything. I get crystal clear TV images when photographing my 47" Flat Screen TV and you think you are actually there with the quality this camera delivers. I recommend this camera model to anyone and everyone no matter how much or how little expericnce one may have shooting with a real camera. Buy One! Read full review
- rosemaryhellerFeb 09, 2012by
This camera is a gem and one that you will always go to for great photos
This small powerful "point and shoot" camera is a gem ! I have all but abondoned by large Canon DSL for this wonderful piece of equipment. Easy to use, the automatic function just knows what settings are required to take great photos. The optic zoom feature is fantastic and despite the lack of an opticle view finder, the camera takes crisp focused photos. This purchase was my second as I bought it for my daugher after using mine for about a year. I love this camera !!
- 201.seraphim196...Jun 17, 2011by
Get it. You won't be disappointed!
I bought this camera as a refurbished model. It was well worth the 229.99 I paid for it. I used to own a Panasonic LUMIX 7.2MP camera and when it died (with my girlfriend on her trip to Africa) - it had been all across the USA, Russia, Poland and Ukraine, and finally Africa. I bought that one as a used model also on eBay and it was well worth it. As for the DMC-ZS7S, I had hoped for a camera with the same brilliant photo quality, only better (since it is newer) and with more features, such as ability to zoom in and out whilst taking videos. I was delighted to have all of this present in this little camera, including 720p HD video recording with stereo microphones! I used it to put up a video on YouTube - no problem. The SD card is easy to access, and quick to transfer in and out of the camera. This camera has a great variety of Scene modes, including "Starry Sky" which allows an exposure time of up to 60 seconds! Using it works very well - I have taken pictures of nighttime thunderstorms out on the prairies, and it does a good job. Intelligent Resolution is also a great tool - providing sharp, clear pictures that leave even some DSLR's in the dirt, in my opinion. Color quality is superbly accurate. There is even a GPS function, that when turned on, allows the camera to record Lat/Long information for where each photo was, as well as a reference point, such as the nearby town. These pictures can be uploaded to Picasa, which will automatically place the photos on Google Earth where you want them to be. There is a lower version with a slightly lower resolution viewscreen and no GPS, this is the ZS5 model. However, I am told that the photo quality is identical, and that even though it doesn't have AVCHD, it still takes high-definition videos. But as for me, I am most delighted with this model. Read full review
- barnamedvApr 03, 2011by
Review - Panasonic DMC-ZS6
It's actually a ZS6, the one that hasn't got the gps built in, but the other features are similar to the ZS7. I was looking for this type, since I had read reviews that questioned the usefulness of the gps and outlined it's large needs of power. My overall impression of the device is very good. (Already more than 3000 pics taken.) It has a great bunch of features, many of them very useful. The manual options are also very beneficial, I like to use them very much. I'm satisfied also with the accessibility of the features. The content of the quick menu changes when rotating the mode dial, it usually gives quick access to the most important things. The quality of the pictures is great, taking pictures under low light conditions can be problematic, but as far I know this is quite usual among this category of compact cameras. After some practice, better understanding of the manual modes can have surprisingly good results. As a bad point I'd outline the "ia" intelligent auto mode, which I find useless after having gotten used to the camera. It sets unnecessary high iso values, and uses pre set programs I' didn't want to. The camera has a great video equipped with stereo sound. It doesn't suck the battery. In general the endurance of the battery is very ok. Zoom range is very useful. The camera has a well built metal body. Quickly these were the things came into my mind. In general I would recommend this camera, very good in the category and has a good value for the price. Read full review
- dfleischer61Aug 31, 2011by
Super happy with camera! Zoom is fun!!
Haven't had for long, but loving this camera. After the reviews of the newer one (ZS10) were less than stellar, decided to go with this model. Love how quick it is, all the options for playing with exposures and the nice 3" screen. The only draw back is it is a tad larger than small point and shoot, but the 12X zoom makes it worth it. Taking it on an upcoming trip to Asia and think it will be perfect for travel. The GPS does eat up the battery life, so I did buy another battery. working great with a Lexar Platinum II 16GB memory card.