More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $5,239.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $358.99Trending at $424.95
- $894.00Trending at $908.93
- $2,689.99Trending at $3,198.00
- $1,139.00Trending at $1,154.99
- $659.00Trending at $949.99
- $1,399.99Trending at $1,439.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe DMC-LX5 packages an f/2.0 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens with wide angle and 3.8x optical zoom. This low-distortion, high-resolution lens lets you capture truly dynamic wide angle images while rendering the tiniest nuances clearly, from corner to corner. The fully open f/2.0-3.3 aperture and iris diaphragm also work together to produce stunning scenes with gentle soft focusing.
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom3.8x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution10.1MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/1.63"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range1cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera24 - 90mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±3 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Programme,aperture-priority,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 12800,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 6400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto,ISO auto (1600-12800)
- Light Sensitivity Max12800
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Effective Flash Range0.3 m - 7.2 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in mode,flash OFF mode,rear curtain sync,red-eye reduction,slow synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size40 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySDXC Memory Card
- Depth4.3 cm
- Height6.55 cm
- Width10.97 cm
- Weight233 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - colour
- Display Size3"
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Description1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1250 mAh ( included )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD Lite,MJPEG,QuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- FeaturesBacklight Compensation,Built-in Speaker,DPOF Support,Digital Noise Reduction,Direct Print,Face Detection,Highlight Point Display,Histogram Display,Intelligent Scene Selector,PictBridge Support,RGB primary colour filter,Sharpness Control,USB 2.0 compatibility,camera orientation detection,contrast control,cropping an image,in-camera red-eye removal,resizing an image,saturation control
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsAerial photo,Baby1,Baby2,Beach,Candle,Fireworks,Flash-burst,Food,Hi-speed burst,High sensitivity,Night portrait,Night scene,Panorama assist,Party/indoor,Portrait mode,Scenery,Self-portrait,Snow,Soft skin,Sports mode,Starry sky,Sunset
- Continuous Shooting Speed10 frames per second (3MPix),2.5 frames per second,6 frames per second (3MPix)
Most relevant reviews
- 1heinrichMar 05, 2011by
Excellent picture quality, lot of useful manual setting
I bought this Panasonic LX5 camera one month ago and really satisfied with photos quality. For taking pictures inside the camera's flash is acceptable - but you can use external flash in the room (if necessary). Good enough camera with Auto & Manual settings for enthusiast photographers - I'd recommend the camera for making pictures not only in Auto mode (if you want to set exposure, white balance or focus manually). Compact design (comparing wit SLR) - without any problems fits in a pocket. Excellent Leica lens with selection of 16:9, 4:3 and 3:2 formats.
- ajg1947Mar 07, 2012by
The Panasonic DMC-LX5 is a top compact, well worth the money.
The used Panasonic DMC-LX5 was bought by auction, the price was around £100 below the lowest new price. It replaces my Kodak Z7590 which has developed a number of faults. So far I'm happy with the purchase, everything works fine as far as I can tell. Picture quality, given the Leica lens, is excellent; far superior to that of many DSLRs costing twice as much - which I kind of knew having previously looked at many various photos on the internet. The LX5 is a compact camera, it is easy to carry and handle. It works well in low light levels, it shoots excellent HD movies. I thought I might miss a viewfinder, but I don't. So far so good, as there is no insurance, and its second hand, I hope that it will keep working for a few years at least.
- chalk06Oct 17, 2011by
If you want a high end compact don't look any further, this is the best!
Being an artist, I bought this camera specifically to take high resolution images of paintings in order to produce fine art prints form them. Having used it now for a number of weeks I can't fault it. The picture quality is excellent, producing super high quality art prints from the images taken. Auto focusing is the best I've used on a compact camera, with crystal clear images every time. The Leica lens performs superbly and produces beautifully sharp images in quite low light conditions, meaning you hardly ever have to use the flash. All in all a very good high end compact camera, which act like a mini DSLR. I'd recommend it highly!
- peeptoeSep 08, 2011by
A fantastic little camera that takes beautiful pictures - what more do you
I can't recommend this little camera highly enough. I am a professional photographer by any means but this is the camera to teach me how to take better pictures and not always 'point and shoot'. It s a classy little number but I would recomend buying the automatic lense cover and the leather case - I am also going to buy a viewfinder as it is hard to see the screen on sunny days. Buy it you won't regret it, beautiful colours, clear sharp pictures so much better then my last compact camera. Great seller too - no problems and great price!
- tlytrasDec 05, 2011by
It is a great camera with excellent picture quality for its size. Very convenient to carry around without compromising the image quality.