All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- Product InformationThe Panasonic LUMIX camera makes it easy for you to create pictures with the clarity of still water. It makes use of Panasonic's proprietary Contrast Auto Focus (AF) feature. This ingenious invention allows you to auto-focus on just about any object within 0.1 seconds of aiming at it. This blazingly fast focal speed is made possible by slashing the focus detection time. By boosting drive speeds from 60 to 120 frames per second, the DMC GH2 ensures clean image capture. This works even when the subject is a moving object, making it easy for you take unplanned action photos. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 goes far beyond just taking still photos. Cinema Mode offers a movie-like 24Mbps data rate. This is in addition to the Film Mode and Variable Movie Mode that are hallmarks of this camera. The DSLR cam is capable of recording full HD 1920 by 1080 video in either NTSC or PAL modes. Not only that, but you'll also be able to shoot for as long as your SD Card allows. The external mic capability makes it easy for you to capture sound for your cinematic productions. Plus, the rotating, touch-LCD view screen brings scene and function selection right to your fingertips.The Panasonic DMC GH2 also provides Intelligent Resolution functionality for your cinematic pleasure. This system works by optimizing internal electronic signals, resulting in extraordinary sharpness and detail. It also features a lens based image stabilization capability. These factors combine to make it an easy to use, surprisingly advanced movie-making tool.This Panasonic camera gives you a 16.05 megapixel Live MOS image capture sensor. This technology brings you the best of CCD and CMOS digital images. This means that you'll now be able to capture CCD-sharp images while avoiding the power draining CMOS tendencies. You'll love your new found ability to shoot razor sharp images without worrying about excessive battery drainage. The GH2 MOD image sensor provides a high aperture ratio along with simultaneous high-resolution image capture capability. Coupled with a maximum ISO sensitivity rating of 12000, this lets you capture clear pictures even in very dark conditions. These technological advantages are driven by complex electronics. The Panasonic DSLR GH2 is powered by no less than 3 separate central processing units. Called the Venus Engine, this design provides close to twice the power of a 2 CPU system. This allows you to record smooth, full HD videos while minimizing luminance and chromatic noise. You'll thus be able to capture extra detail with astonishing clarity. Whether you're a newbie or an experienced photographer, this camera type will help you produce stunning results. The Panasonic LUMIX GH2 makes it easy for those who are new to photography to capture clear, beautiful images. This is accomplished with the help of Intelligent Auto mode. This function automatically adjusts settings like ISO, scene mode, auto-focus, face detection, and more to appropriate situational defaults. Other tools this camera offers are Digital red-eye, Intelligent D-range, Intelligent Resolution, and AF Tracking.
- Camera TypeMirrorless Interchangeable Lens
- Optical Zoom10x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution16.0 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size13.0 x 17.3mm
- Sensor TypeLive MOS
- Lens For SDBody Only
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±3 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-18 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 10000,ISO 12800,ISO 160,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 2000,ISO 250,ISO 2500,ISO 320,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 4000,ISO 500,ISO 5000,ISO 800,ISO 8000,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max12800
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Flash +/- Compensation,Forced On,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital,Electronic
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage100%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.71x
- Dioptric Correction Range-4 to +4
- Depth2.98 in.
- Height3.53 in.
- Width4.88 in.
- Weight13.82 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x microphone
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,MJPEG,Motion JPEG,QuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAF Lock,Auto White Balance,HDMI,Hot Shoe,Image Stabilization,Interchangeable Lenses,USB 2.0
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsArchitecture,Baby1,Baby2,Close-up,Flower,Food,Nature,Night portrait,Night scene,Party/indoor,Peripheral defocus,Pet,Portrait mode,Soft skin,Sunset
- Special EffectsBlack & White
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Colour Temperature Adjust,Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Halogen (Preset),Shade (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed40 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- 512aussietexFeb 01, 2015by
Begginer camera with Pro features.
For anyone starting out in photography, pictures or video, this is a GREAT camera. It can usually be bought on Ebay for under $400, body only. One of the camera's strong points is it's great video quality, and ability to use MANY different lenses. My lenses range from a $25 ictv lens, 25mm, f2.8, to a 50mm to 200mm, which translates to 100mm to 400mm, in micro 4/3rds talk. All the manual control you would ever want, and hackable to bring it up to near Hollywood level of filming. You can't go wrong with this camera. I am a newbie, and this camera has made me feel like a kid in a candy store.
- herma-finNov 15, 2016by
Great Camera for the Amatuer
I really have little to no experience with cameras and videography. This camera is great for beginners and pros alike.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- bigowl-saJul 08, 2014by
Meets all my needs at a reasonable price.
I bought two GH2 bodies after selling my two G1's. I am not really into video, but wanted the improved low-light capability of the GH2 while keeping the smaller body size. I really like the available control buttons on the GH2 and have turned off the touch screen, an option available under the latest firmware update. I have used this camera enough to be able to work the controls without looking at them which speeds up my use of the camera under changing conditions. If you want the absolute latest in performance, go for the GH4. If you want a convenient size with adequate performance at a reasonable price, get a GH2. I don't have any complaints about this camera, but I may not be as demanding a user as some people. I'm just an old guy who grew up with photography and wants to be able to control the camera to make the best images possible. This one works for me. Read full review
- gothicmedia2010Apr 27, 2016by
Live Output HDMI
Great for nighttime video shoots, and live HDMI Ouputs for live view recording via HDMI
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- brunotughMay 20, 2015by
Great camera! Beautiful image and lots of awesome functions!
This camera is amazing! You can use adaptor to shoot with cheap nice lenses. The sensor is beautiful and everything you can do with that is great, expeccially cus of the price!
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $566.41Trending at $574.92
- $3,139.99Trending at $3,499.00
- $584.99Trending at $629.99
- $2,592.26Trending at $2,898.00
- $2,629.99Trending at $2,740.99
- $1,149.95Trending at $1,839.00