Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,929.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $5,388.81Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $774.90Trending at $996.95
- $649.99Trending at $729.95
- $414.99Trending at $549.00
- $888.99Trending at $1,099.00
About this product
- Product InformationThe DMC-GF2 is a small and light digital interchangeable lens camera with built-in flash, featuring a touch-screen operation. While shooting, you can operate the auto focus and shutter release at the same time with just a touch. While playing back, you can quickly select an image to view by scrolling images. In the iA (Intelligent Auto) mode, 7 detection functions work automatically and simultaneously to optimize your settings, making it easier than ever to take beautiful images every time.The 4/3-type 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor offers the best of both worlds - the superior image quality of a CCD sensor, and the lower power consumption of a CMOS sensor. The Venus engine FHD features advanced signal processing capabilities in both photo and movie recording. With the advanced noise reduction system, you can capture beautiful images even when shooting at high ISO sensitivity levels. The DMC-GF2 also features accurate, fast contrast AF system.The DMC-GF2 can record full-HD 1920 x 1080 movies in AVCHD format with high sound quality of Dolby Digital Stereo Creator. A dedicated button on the top lets you instantly start recording movies without any having to make any extra settings. The touch AF in movie recording lets you enjoy professional-like rack focusing. The DMC-GF2 can save a frame of movie as photo during playback. With the video divide function, you can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.The DMC-GF2 features the My Color mode with a total of 8 preset modes, including the cinema mode which gives the movie cinema-like gradation. In iA mode and the My Color mode, the range of defocus can be adjusted by just moving the slider with your finger. The DMC-GF2 provides a total of 17 scene modes, and most of these modes can be used when shooting movies too. With the full-time live view function, you can see how these settings will affect the images before they shoot, which makes it easier to capture the exact mood or atmosphere desired.
- Product Features
- Compact and lightweight with interchangeable lenses system camera
The Lumix GF2 is an ultra small and light DSL Micro Compact system camera which offers the superb image quality expected from Lumix.
- Intuitively easy with a touch controlled LCD
The Lumix GF2 is extremely easy to operate for consumers at any level, thanks to a user interface which allows for the focus to be set, or shutter released, by simply touching the large 3" touch-screen LCD. The touch-screen LCD makes taking great photos intuitive. Once a user locks on a subject by touch, the Lumix GF2 tracks the subject with the AF tracking function, even if the subject moves making it easy to take photos of moving subjects, like children playing. The contrast AF system adopted by the Lumix DMC-GF2 is not only accurate and easy to use, but also very fast.
- Q-Menu for quick menu navigation
The touch operation also dramatically shortens the time spent navigating the menus. With the Lumix GF2's Touch Q-menu, the user can customize the camera's shortcuts with the most commonly used settings. Together with the simple button components, including the dedicated buttons for movie recording and iA (Intelligent Auto) mode which lights in-use, users can operate the camera intuitively with ease.
- Intelligent Auto Quick Access button
With the Intelligent Scene Selector in the iA mode, the camera automatically switches to the appropriate mode according to the subject touched.
- Venus Engine FHD image processing
While achieving breakthroughs in compactness of design and outstanding photo and video quality, the Panasonic Lumix GF2 can contribute its professional-level imaging performance to well-balanced engine and sensor technologies. For the image processor, the Venus Engine FHD is incorporated, featuring exceptionally high performance signal processing capabilities in both photo and movie recording. With the advanced noise reduction system employing the 3D NR and CNR (Chromatic Noise Reduction), users can capture clear, naturally-balanced images even when shooting at high ISO sensitivity levels to help prevent the color bleeding.
- HD movies in stereo at the touch of a button
The familiar red button next to the shutter button allows for quickly switching between still and video shooting. The Lumix GF2 shoots professional-quality full High Definition (HD) videos as well as handling still photography. A dedicated video record button makes it easy to start shooting videos and a high quality sound is recorded with the stereo microphone for Dolby Digital Stereo Creator. Panasonic's iA mode extends to vide recording, with the following features: Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, Intelligent D-range Control and Intelligent Scene Selector.
- Creativity controls bring out your creative side
The Panasonic Lumix GF2 is artistic not only in form, but also in function, as it provides an array of features that lets users capture true-to-life images while also creating their own expressive, beautiful images. The Lumix GF2 features My Color mode which is integrated with the conventional Film mode. My Color mode offers a total of eight preset effects - expressive, retro, pure, elegant, cinema, monochrome, dynamic art, silhouette, plus custom mode, which lets users manually set the color, brightness, saturation and contrast levels. Also, with the Full-time Live View function, users can see how these settings will affect the images before they shoot, which makes it easier to capture the exact effect desired. The Lumix GF2 has 17 Scene modes, most which can be used during video shooting, too. The exposure meter can be displayed in the P/A/S/M shooting modes for entry-level users to learn the correlation between shutter speed and aperture visually to enhance their photography skills.
- Compact and lightweight with interchangeable lenses system camera
- Camera TypeMirrorless Interchangeable Lens
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size13.0 x 17.3mm
- Sensor TypeLive MOS
- Lens TypeWide-angle lens
- Lens For SDASPH 14mm
- Focal Length Range14mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size46 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Lens Construction5 group(s) / 6 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±3 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-18 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 6400,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max6400
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Flash +/- Compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Depth1.29 in.
- Height2.67 in.
- Width4.44 in.
- Weight9.35 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x Hi-Speed USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,MJPEG,QuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features1080i Full HD Movie Recording,720p HD Movie Recording,AE/FE Lock,AF Lock,Audio Recording,Automatic Brightness Adjustment,Automatic Face Tracking,Brightness Control,Built-In Speaker,Color Control,Contrast Control,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Tele-Converter,Edit Function,Exif Print Support,Full-time Live View,Histogram Display,Intelligent Resolution Technology,Intelligent Scene Selector,Motion Detection,PictBridge Support,RGB Primary Color Filter,Resizing an Image,Saturation Control,Touch-Screen Control,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsArchitecture,Baby1,Baby2,Flower,Food,Illumination snap,Low light,Night portrait,Night scene,Party/indoor,Peripheral defocus,Pet,Portrait mode,Scenery,Soft skin,Sports mode,Sunset
- Special EffectsCinema,Custom Effect,Dynamic Art,Elegant,Expressive,Monochrome,Pure,Retro,Silhouette
- Continuous Shooting Speed2 frames per second,2.6 frames per second,3.2 frames per second
- Exterior ColorRed
Most relevant reviews
- 1073404703@dele...May 29, 2012by
great for going beyond point and shoots.
lens i great not as great as the 20mm but still great. camera is cute and weighs very little for all the features it comes with. recordes for as much space on the card you have so no limits. no audio jack though but a zoom recorder is a better option anyways with this setup. its cheaper and more versatile then the sony mirrorless systems, has bigger sensor then the nikons, and less expense then the olympus although it image stabilization is lens based.