More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $908.88Trending at $1,099.00
- $1,519.00Trending at $1,599.95
- $379.95Trending at $397.99
- $998.23Trending at $1,019.03
- $1,438.99Trending at $1,896.95
- $374.95Trending at $379.98
- $659.00Trending at $949.99
About this product
- Product InformationReliable, rugged, and built to last, the Pentax Optio WG-1 is ideal for capturing snapshots and videos in a variety of on-land or underwater settings. Measuring 4.5 x 2.3 x 1.1-inches, this 5.3 oz, 14 MP digital camera is made out of reinforced polycarbonate and accented with aluminum for enhanced durability. The Pentax Optio WG-1 is waterproof in depths up to 33 feet. A shockproof and crush-proof design allows this Pentax digital camera to withstand damage from drops of up to 5 ft and over 100 kg of directly applied force. Beyond the durable design, this Pentax digital camera takes high-quality, crystal clear photographs and digital videos with a 5x optical zoom, and a 6.7x digital zoom, lens. This 14 MP digital camera has 97 MB of memory and can take over 120 minutes of recorded video. The Pentax Optio WG-1 can upload videos and photos directly to any computer via a side USB port. The plug-and-play feature allows this camera to be instantly compatible with any Windows or Mac operating systems.
- Product Features
- Heavy-duty construction
The Optio WG-1 definitely stands for the ideal choice for those active photographers who shoot pictures in demanding outdoor conditions, thanks to its tough construction.
- Digital microscope mode
Combining a macro shooting capability from 1cm away with 5 LED macro light and an unique macro stand, the Optio WG-1's digital microscope mode delivers magnified sharp pictures of the microscopic world.
- High image quality
Combining 14 megapixels with imaging process and a high-performance PENTAX zoom lens, the Optio WG-1 delivers brilliant, sharp and true-to-life pictures, even when enlarged to poster sizes.
- 5x wide-angle optical lens
Despite its compact dimensions, PENTAX Optio WG-1 features a 5x wide-angle optical zoom covering focal lengths from 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto (in 35mm format). From spectacular landscape to tightly framed snapshots taken from a distance, just catch every detail.
- Extra-wide 2.7" LCD screen
Optio WG-1 features a 16:9 2.7" monitor which is treated with a special AR (Anti-Reflection) coating to cut the glare of external light and minimize annoying reflections, making it comfortable to check on-screen menus and to monitor recorded images.
- HD proportioned movie recording
Capture beautiful, flawless movies at 16:9 HD TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), and easily display them on your TV thanks to the embedded micro-HDMI terminal.
- Face detection and self-portrait assist functions
Face detection function instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces - even the faces of dogs and cats- then catches them in sharp focus and optimum exposure, to let you make beautiful pictures. The very convenient self-portrait assist function use the blink of the LED lights to confirm whether your face is centered in the picture.
- Heavy-duty construction
- Camera TypeUnderwater
- Optical Zoom5x
- Digital Zoom6.7x
- Sensor Resolution14.0 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range1-60cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 140mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1500 sec
- Min Shutter Speed4 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 80-6400,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max6400
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.2 m - 3.9 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Soft
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size97MB
- Supported Flash MemoryBuilt-in,SD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeWithout Viewfinder
- Depth1.1 in.
- Height2.3 in.
- Width4.5 in.
- Weight5 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP3,Microsoft Windows 7,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI,HD (High Definition),MJPEG,Motion JPEG
- Still Image FormatDCF 2.0,DPOF,EXIF 2.3,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature-10 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional Features720p HD Movie Recording,Audio Recording,Automatic Face Tracking,Blink Detection,Built-In LED Illuminator,Cropping An Image,Crushproof,DPOF Support,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Image Stabilization,Dust proof,Exif Print Support,Face Zoom,Freezeproof,HDMI,Histogram Display,Interval Shooting Mode,Multi-Picture Burst,Not Interchangeable Lenses,PRINT Image Matching,Red eye Fix,Red-eye Correction,Resizing an Image,Shock Resistant,Shockproof,Smile Capture,Smile Detection,Triple Shake Reduction Technology,USB 2.0 Compatibility,Water Resistant,Waterproof
- Face DetectionYes
- Underwater UseYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsAnti shake,Candle,Digital microscope,Digital wide,Fireworks,Flower,Food,Frame composition,Kids,Landscape,Night scene,Night scene with portrait,Panorama assist,Pet,Portrait mode,Report,Sports mode,Surf & snow,Text,Underwater,Underwater movie
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Color Accent,Color Extract,Fisheye,High contrast,Ink Rubbing,Miniature,Retro,Sepia,Soft,Starburst,Toy camera
- White BalanceAuto,Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Manual,Shade (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed0.68 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack & Gray
Most relevant reviews
- katkatkayakJun 06, 2016by
great rugged camera for outdoor and watersport use
I picked this up after asking on a kayaking forum for advice on a rugged and waterproof camera for paddling outings. Several people weighed in with suggestions and posted links to albums of photos and videos that they had taken with the cameras they owned. I was impressed with the quality of the images taken with the Pentax WG series (now made by Ricoh) and so I sought out and bought a used one from an Ebay seller. I've now used it for a month on several hiking and kayak touring outings as well as for everyday shots for things like concerts and social get togethers. It is the toughest and handiest camera I have ever owned. It it compact, easy to hold and the wide strap with carabiner means I can keep it handy, clipped to my PFD while paddling, backpack strap while hiking or just on my belt loop when walking around. The settings are easy to change and it has a vast range of choices if you want to fine tune your shooting choices. Or you can just set it on "Auto" and get great exposures. It takes amazing shots in low light and the color rendition and clarity in all conditions is exceptional. It did seem to eat batteries at first but I realized that the batteries that came with the used camera were old and had likely been recharged many many times. For under $20 I bought a more compact charger than the one that came with the camera and a set of 4 battery packs -- these new ones give me MUCH more battery life, even shooting video. The one drawback I have found so far is that there is a brief delay in shooting so don't count on quick capture of sudden shots. But this has not been a problem for me. I am used to it now, so if, for example, I want to shoot an eagle flying over the water, I just aim the shot ahead of its trajectory so the second or so delay in the shutter release catches the bird in the frame. Really, this camera is super tough. I think you could use it as a hockey puck and it would not hurt it. It doesn't mind being banged around on the deck of my kayak, dripped on or immersed. I look forward to using it for snorkeling in the Virgin Islands and for all my further kayak outings. If you are rough on cameras or want to get your kids something they can't destroy, this is the one to buy. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mann242Dec 20, 2011by
Great bit of kit but overpriced compared to competition
I owned a W80 (previous model - 1) before it was stolen from my car on holday this summer. This is an improvement and has a better feel to it. It also looks better and feels more robust. The shape is good and whilst personal preference works for me. Picutres are good, Ive got a bridge camera and it isnt in that league but horses for courses.... HD Video seems good too as above though .... I paid £103 for a low use one. I think it is currently priced uncompetativley at the moment. More than £140 for a new one is too much as theres a lot of competion around. As far as the GPS goes I find that about as useful as a choclate watch. If I cant remember where I took the picture Im already dead... One minor gripe battery life isnt the best, but a 2nd battery is a cheap option. Like I say I got it cheap - I would not be as kind if I had forked out £200 plus its not worth that by a country mile... Read full review
- miguelo_estebanJul 05, 2012by
It's a great and easy to use weather proof camera
It's a great and easy to use weather proof camera. Excelent in underwater conditions incluidind not just image buy sound aswell. Easy to carry anywhere. The only thing i had to add is a protective cover for the screen bevause. Is the only part that is not that resistent
- barkerbeauDec 01, 2012by
great camera for industrial use
I am an inspector. I take pictures in chemical tanks, sludge drums, etc. I have dropped.this camera from 50ft with no damage. I have taken pictures with the camera submerged. The digital microscope mode is amazing. I like how the camera separates pictures taken on different days. It's an adventure camera, which suits it very well for the construction environment.
- tigershark269Aug 10, 2012by
Great pictures, lot of options, good bang for your buck!!
I am a boat captain and take a lot of pictures on the water, this camera has taken some awesome wildlife action pictures. It is pretty user friendly but I suggest reading the instructions to get most out of this camera. It has a microscope setting that takes unbelievable close ups. Haven't tried it underwater yet, after reading the underwater guidlines for this camera, I became a little concerned, if underwater filming is a must you may want to investigate heavier duty underwater dive cameras. Overall this is the best camera I have owned for the money, I have had sony and nikkon in the past.