Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,949.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $5,398.00Trending at $6,496.95
- $5,389.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $774.99Trending at $996.95
- $466.99Trending at $496.95
- $569.95Trending at $664.99
- $349.99Trending at $399.95
About this product
- Product InformationUnleash your creative side with the first-ever Olympus X series camera. Designed for those who want the quality of an SLR in a high-end point-and-shoot format, this camera provides easy-to-use outlet for artistic expression. With the XZ-1 you'll capture high-quality still images and HD videos in any shooting environment thanks to its fast, super-bright, built-in Olympus iZuiko lens and its large, super-sensitive CCD sensor.
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom4x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution10.0MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/1.63"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range1cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 112mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesProgramme,aperture-priority,bulb,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100-6400,ISO auto (100-800)
- Light Sensitivity Max100
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator,Flash +/- compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size54.6 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital
- Depth4.2 cm
- Height6.5 cm
- Width11.1 cm
- Weight275 gr
- Display TypeOLED
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - OLED - 3" - colour
- Display Size3"
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP 64-bit Edition,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Description1 x Olympus Li-50B Li-ion rechargeable battery - 925 mAh ( included )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG,MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Features720p HD Video Recording,Digital Image Stabilization (video mode),Display Drightness Control,Exif Print support,Image Stabilisation,In-camera Red-eye Fix,In-cameraRAW processing,USB 2.0 compatibility,contrast control,cropping an image,resizing an image,saturation control
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsBeach/snow,Cuisine,Document,E-portrait,Fireworks,Indoor,Landscape,Multiple exposure,Night portrait,Night scene,Panorama assist,Portrait mode,Self-portrait,Sports mode,Sunset,Underwater macro,Underwater wide
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Underwater (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed2 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- 2975robinJan 09, 2012by
Best Olympus ZX-1 digital camera!
It best digital camera ever I had before. I had use my old Samsung WB 1000 it sometime let down shooting. The Olympus ZX-1 can point and shoot in everything I want! Great camera features. It can take the photo in low light without use flush it like large open air live music in dark evening! most other camera/mobile phone can't take photo very well! Also I can add extra Shoe Mount Flash from Olympus PEN range camera. Also over three time better image quality over Samsung WB 1000. Also great OLED screen!
- gaga_hifi_nutte...Feb 06, 2012by
Excellent product provided you can accept some short comings
Good: x fast lens gives some real control of dof x lens is sharp x general image quality and low light perfomance better than most other compacts x better zoom range than most SLR kit lens x S mode with auto ISO prioritizes low iso and gives good results easily x custom white balance easy to set x display is excellent - bright and detailed x start up and general operation is fast and responsive x art modes fun x RAW capture useful BAD: x shame no handgrip - can buy one from US which improves this a lot x RAW software supplied not as good as canon DPP for example x menus etc not as good as lumix G or lumix in general x bit big for the pocket x flare can be a problem - worse than on most smaller aperture compacts, and worse than eg a canon SLR f/1.4 lens UGLY x user interface can be awkward at times, and even lock up, or hide options which should be available - can remember states from previous dial mode in unexpected ways - though setting to P is a quick way to set ISO as a result! Read full review
- drjeep2003Jun 09, 2012by
A great upgrade from a compact digital without the bulk of a bridge camera
I bought this as a secondary camera to my D200 as sometimes that is too bulky to travel with. But the truth is I have managed to take so many great photos with the XZ-1 I am using it far more than I expected. The video mode is less than perfect and the almost but not quite standard USB connector is a bit of a pain but other than that this is a great little camera.
- tonybrettApr 16, 2012by
Great quality, great value, great pictures - couldn't be more pleased!
Really pleased with the camera. I've just spent a week on holiday with it and have taken some fantastic photos. It's great to have such a small but powerful camera as I always have it with me and never miss a shot!
- custardmakerMar 01, 2012by
An real eye opener as to what as to what an excellent micro camera can do.
The Olympus XZ1 is a superb product. Add the VF2 and one would be tempted to dispose of all other gear. In fact in a way it did just that for as a result, I realized the potential of CSC's and have now actually disposed of all my heavy DSLR gear in favour of an Olympus E-PL3 twin lens outfit.