Olympus FL 36R Shoe Mount Flash for Olympus
Top Selling in Flashes
Great Prices on Flashes
- $62.58Trending at $63.75
- $76.49Trending at $79.00
- $114.00Trending at $119.99
- $36.49Trending at $46.99
- $25.00Trending at $33.69
- $249.00Trending at $268.67
About this product
- DescriptionOlympus FL-36R is a shoe mount flash that is compatible with Olympus digital SLR cameras. One of its most convenient features is the ease of getting the flash mounted. No cables are required, which simplifies and speeds up the process. The Olympus flash is powerful enough to improve the quality of pictures taken in less than perfect light conditions. The wireless flash unit is suitable for professional use and it is compatible with professional cameras. This means that up to three different flash groups can be controlled directly through the camera and without requiring an additional control unit. Versatile and having a range of useful adjustments, the flash is a must-have for anyone interested in serious photography.
- Guide Number65 ft/ISO 100
- Supported Exposure ControlFP Flash
- Compatible BrandFor Olympus
- Vertical Rotation Angle+90 / -1.5
- Horizontal Rotation Angle+180 / -90
- Additional FeaturesWireless off-camera control
- Width2.64 in.
- Height3.74 in.
- Depth4.25 in.
- Weight9.17 oz
Most relevant reviews
- edl2812Oct 02, 2012by
Getting a flash designed for the camera is the only way to go.
This is a great flash. I use it combined with an Olympus EP3 and with this range of cameras the Wireless function works very well. This enables me to use the off camera versatility and get rid of red eye etc. but one of the really great advantages of this is that i can still use my electronic viewfinder. The eP3 also has an internal flash which is good. I think this is a very powerful combination. The only thing I find I need to be careful with is the zoom function because if I do not have this correctly organised I can get areas without proper lighting.
- edphotogFeb 27, 2012by
Olympus FL-36R Greak flash with wireless capability
This is an excellent dedicated flash for the Olympus E series cameras. Where it shines is the wireless off camera capabilities. This is my second of this model, I plan to use the two flashes together for better lighting than a single flash can provide.
The only negative is the price....more expensive than C or N for their dedicated flash with similar features.
- 383b8eefaa61aa1...Nov 01, 2010by
greatest lil flash
With old time flashes I was told you realy want a unit thay uses 4 AA bateries, This take 2 AAs but it works qite well.
There is a lil bit of a learning curve, when you first start to use this flash wirelessly, and you have to jugle between the camera manual to tell you how to set it to RC, then the flash manual to get the flash set for your use. There are 3 settings on the Flash TTL, Manual and RC. but that just part of the learning curve.
I have never used the multiple group capability, but it all seems pretty strait forward to set all these things fron the camera body.
Basicaly its a great lil flash. Just take the time to learn all its capabilities.
- rrossy257465jdNov 05, 2011by
The FL-36R powerful, yet compact, great design and bounces in all positions
The FL-36R is powerful, yet compact, designed well, compatible with most SLR's and rangefinders. It works especially well with the Olympus Pen series being a smaller SLR camera and offers power when required. The FL-36R is well priced offer more value vis a vis the competition. It has a very versatile bouncing positions which I believe is one of the reasons I bought it.
- arialdo42Jul 05, 2009by
Light and powerful
I bought Olympus FL-36R TTL Flash to use it in my digital cameras Panasonic Lumix DMC L1, Panasonic Lumix L10 and Olympus E-520. I love this flash because it connects these three cameras perfectly, enabling me easily to make pictures with flash. It is light and powerful. There is nothing that I do not like this product.