Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $590.84Trending at $696.95
- $2,929.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $5,398.00Trending at $6,496.95
- $5,296.77Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $466.99Trending at $496.95
- $569.95Trending at $682.97
About this product
- Product InformationThe EVOLT E-300 is a 100% digital SLR camera that eliminates any photographic limitations. A powerful 8 megapixel CCD combines with interchangeable Zuiko digital lenses, exclusive Supersonic Wave Filter and other cutting-edge technologies for world-class images. Advances in design make for a durable and portable compact camera you can take and trust anywhere. With impressively fast shooting and operating speeds that ensure you never miss a photo op, and the ability to switch lenses and add flashes so you never miss a beat.The EVOLT features an Olympus exclusive patented ultrasonic technology, the Supersonic Wave Filter, to reduce the effects of micro dust settling on the image sensor and impacting the image quality. Located between the shutter and the CCD, the Supersonic Wave Filter uses high-speed ultrasonic vibration to cause most types of dust to fall away from the image sensor so it will not appear in photographs.The EVOLT E-300 also lets you capture fast-paced action with a quick 2.5 frames per second burst mode, and keeps you shooting fast for longer periods of time with its 64MB image memory buffer and separate working memory for camera controls.Standard with the EVOLT E-300, the Zuiko Digital 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 lens (equivalent to 28mm - 90mm in 35mm photography) delivers superb image quality from edge-to-edge. Its 3.2x zoom covers a broad range, with close-ups coming out crisp and clear as near as 15 inches/38cm. A new multi-coating minimizes ghosting and flaring that can occur while the sturdy metal lens mount ensures rugged durability.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom3.2x
- Sensor Resolution8.0 MP
- Screen Size1.8"
- Sensor Size13.0 x 17.3mm
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SD14-45mm
- Focal Length Range14mm - 45mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size58 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction10 group(s) / 12 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 90mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed8 min
- Exposure compensation±5 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 1-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 800,ISO auto (100-400)
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash +/- Compensation,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size64MB
- Supported Flash MemoryCompactFlash,CompactFlash Card Type I,CompactFlash Card Type II,IBM Microdrive,Microdrive
- Viewfinder TypeOptical,Optical (Through-the-lens)
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level porro prism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage94%
- Viewfinder Magnification1.0x
- Dioptric Correction Range-3 to +1
- Depth2.52 in.
- Height3.35 in.
- Width5.77 in.
- Weight16 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 1.8" - color
- Display Size1.8"
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x USB,1 x composite video output,1 x remote control
- Expansion Slot1 x CompactFlash Card - type I/II
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9,Apple Mac OS X,Apple Mac OS X 10.2 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 98 SE,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP,Microsoft Windows 2000,Microsoft Windows 98SE,Microsoft Windows ME,Microsoft Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image,TIFF
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAutofocus,Automatic Flash,Photo Preview,Self Timer
- Shooting ProgramsBeach/snow,Candle,Document,Fireworks,High key,Landscape,Landscape-portrait,Macro,Manor shot,Night scene,Portrait mode,Self-portrait,Sports mode,Sunset
- Special EffectsContrast compensation,Saturation
- White BalanceAuto,Manual
- Continuous Shooting Speed2.5 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- normstorm2012Jul 18, 2016by
Bought Initially As A "Back-Up" Camera . . . Is Now My Most-Used "Go-To"!!!
The four thirds lens and sensor system virtually eliminates any potential chromatic aberrations, vignetting or diffraction in my shots. The "crop factor" is 2x, which effectively doubles the equivalent "field of view" and "depth of field" of 35mm images. This allows me to use a lower F-stop for faster shutter speed or a lower ISO to reduce "noise" in my images. The 4/3's telecentric lens design also optimizes how light sources hit the sensor and ensure that they hit the digital sensors straight on (digital sensors are highly sensitive to the angle at which light hits them). The e300 fits very comfortably in my hand and is a true workhorse. The 8mp has produced extremely clean, vibrant prints. I love it and expect it to be in my camera bag for years to come!
Verified purchase: No
- curtv817Jan 13, 2016by
This is a great value. It's an easy to use camera. I downloaded the detailed instruction manual from the Olympus web site, very helpful! I bought an adapter that allows me to use my old Olympus lenses on this digital body. I'm set!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- capsar050Oct 25, 2010by
Olympus E300 (E-300) EVOLT camera
First let me say I am not the the best, or worst picture taker out there. I have used an Olympus C8080 for many years and I have gotten quite good with the above average point and shoot C8080. I have sold some of my work and I have not had anybody say negative things about my pictures. I have now stepped up my capabilities with the EVOLT E300 and my capabilities have vastly improved. I thank my professional photographer friends for reccomending this camera. I love it and now own two with an eye out for a third. Now about the camera... This camera has been used by many professionals since it came on the scene. And this is for good reason. With almost a cult following, the E300 gives the average "picture taker" a chance to take it to the next level without breaking the bank or getting so technical they can't operate the camera. The 8MP the E300 has on hand is quite sufficiant for even a poster size print so a second morgage to buy a higher megapixel camera isn't justified for for all but a few pros. Lets face it... most people shoot in JPG, TIF or JPEG and never come close to 3MP in any file. This unit will let you expand your horizons with the RAW files. Why spend so much more for a higher MP camera with add ons you wont use and get so complicated you don't want to take the camera out and "work it" Photo quality is exceptional with the stock lenses. If yo are a 35mm film affectonado you will like the fact that an inexpensive adapter lets you use all of the OM lenses so you can keep all of your old equipment. This saves a mountian of cash you can use for other things like props. One more BIG plus is the ease of repair and availability of repair parts for your lenses. If you have taken photos for very long you will agree we all make mistttakkesss. dropping a lens can be very costly. With the E300 lenses you can reduce the damage to your wallet by buying replacement parts right here on eBay. I have bought non-functional lenses and given them a quick fix to save thousands in cash. This camera is easy to hold and use. The designers did their homework. The weight is light enough so it is not cumbersome and yet heavy enough to give the stability to reduce the normal "automatic shake" we all have in our hands. This aids in reducing blur in the images. The options, buttons, and programs are easy to use without juggling the body in your hands. Ergonomic design of the hand hold and ease of access to controls are always a plus but seem to be on the finer edge with this unit. You will wonder why you waited to buy one once you start taking photographs with this camera. It seems I can't say anything wrong about the EVOLT E300 and I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who could. You will be astounded with the results this camera can give. Read full review
- 238888224@delet...Nov 14, 2011by
great first time dslr camera
i never knew it would be so heavy...but as a first time user...its awesome...i will use what i have, learn how to work with what i have and later on upgrade to a canon or maybe a nikon...thank you to the man who sold it to me.
- ceeman46Apr 10, 2013by
AGraet Camera To Have
I Got This Item A Few Days Ago, It Maybe An Older Camera But I Love It. It's Easy To Use, I Don't Know Much Of How To Work A Camera Like This One But It Is A Nice Camera. This Is A A+++++ Love It !!!!!