All listings for this product
Best Selling in Wireless Routers
Save on Wireless Routers
- $184.95Trending at $259.99
- $163.99Trending at $167.41
- $165.00Trending at $176.49
- $88.00Trending at $89.99
- $129.99Trending at $179.99
- $94.99Trending at $153.03
- $300.00Trending at $334.66
About this product
- Product InformationLiberate your wireless devices and stay connected wherever you go. The Novatel MiFi 2372 Wireless G Router is a personal 3G hotspot that liberates you from the confines of your desk and lets you connect to the Internet on the go. Whether you are a digital nomad or a travel enthusiast, rest assured that you can access your information and stay in touch with colleagues, friends, or family in almost any location.The Novatel MiFi 2372 is 2.44 inches long and 3.86 inches wide, so it does not take up much space. At 2.86 ounces, it does not weigh you down either. The device runs on battery power, so you do not need to search for a power outlet to run the hotspot. The lithium battery is rechargeable, providing endless hours of surfing or working. In the event that you do run out of battery power on the go, it is also removable, so you can just slip in a replacement and continue connecting.The Novatel Wireless MiFi 2372 hotspot connects to the Internet using the same technology as your phone or tablet. It includes slots for SIM cards, which let you connect to North American HSPA networks. Many Novatel Wireless MiFi 2372 devices come with AT&T as a default network. If you have an AT&T MiFi, simply choose a plan and start using the network. If you want to choose a different network, contact your SIM card provider to see if the device is compatible. Keep in mind that some AT&T MiFi devices are locked, which means that you must choose a contract with that specific carrier. This hotspot provides 3G Internet coverage. It does not offer LTE coverage.This Novatel Wireless device supports several operating systems, including Mac OSX, Windows Vista, and Linux. However, you should check to see if your operating system is compatible before you commit to this option. System requirements include a Type A USB port and an Internet browser. Use this hotspot with touchscreen phones or tablets. It supports Apple and Android devices. Novatel MiFi 2372 mobile hotspots are easy to set up and use. To get started, insert your SIM card, connect the device to your computer using the USB port on your computer, and follow Novatel Wireless’s instructions for configuring the device. Connect up to five computers or mobile devices to the wireless router, letting you liberate yourself from public Wi-Fi networks for good.Mobile hotspot tech helps you stay on top of your online security. Public Wi-Fi networks make it easy for less scrupulous users to access your information. Using your own personal network lets you keep your personal information private. To boost security while using your Novatel Wireless MiFi hotspot, use the device in secure mode. This encrypts your data and helps keep it private. For those who need to access the Internet in locations where wireless access is not always available, being able to create your own hotspot can be a crucial ability to have. The Novatel MiFi 2372 Wireless G Router makes it possible to have a personal 3G hotspot wherever you are.
- ModelMiFi 2372
- Wireless TechnologyWireless G
- Router FunctionalitiesDHCP Server,Hotspot Gateway
- Antenna TypeInternal / Integrated Antenna x 1
- Additional Interfaces1 x USB
- WLAN StandardsIEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- General ProtocolsDHCP
- 802.11b Data Rates11 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- 802.11g Data Rates54 Mbps, 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 28 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- LED IndicatorsWLAN (Wireless LAN)
- Width3.86 in.
- Depth0.6 in.
- Weight0.18 lb
Most relevant reviews
- slopok242Feb 10, 2016by
Cool little gadget
I was using my phone as a hotspot--horrible. Went to ATT for a mobile hotspot. They had one for $100, data plan, commitment, etc. Found this little gem for $30, swap the sim card out of my phone, and for a couple of hours I can surf the web, answer e-mail, even play games on my laptop. Love it!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- horsefinder03Feb 10, 2013by
Very portable and easy to setup.
Great product. Allows me the freedom to use my laptop and/or tablet wherever I am. Pros: Will support several devices at one with no deterioration of the download speed. By buying here it has allowed me to take full advantage of AT&T data plan WITHOUT having to sign a 2 year contract. Small size is easy to carry. Cons: Small size is easy to forget or lose. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to turn it off, but this is a minor inconvenance compared to it's benefits. Would highly recommend.
- netaamitApr 02, 2012by
Recommended and a good value, but be aware of a serious limitation
Insert a SIM card - configure the relevant parameters - Connect. (IMO, configuration is not explained well in the manual.) Works as expected: decent reception and no disconnects. The device takes about 45 seconds to create the WiFi environment; the color coding is confusing - consider sticking an external label. The most serious issue: can't charge from USB source and use at the same time. E.g. Charge the MiFi via usb cable from a generic strong (2A) car charger and you lose connection. My solution: a generic USB charger to charge a second battery, which is a good thing to have around anyway ($18 or so).
- 090148chisusJun 07, 2012by
Great product. Very easy setup and device has many great features
My first thought when opening the package was: wow nice device. Looks very sturdy and elegant. After putting in my 3G activated SIM the device wouldn't connect. I called my SIM provider helpdesk and they supplied me the apn settings. I entered and the device immediately connected. I now had internet on all my wifi enabled and connected devices. The download and upload speed where exceptional good but this could be more because of my 3G provider. I like this device. It is what I have been searching for after many years of using USB modems when travelling. Trow away the old welcome the new and improved MiFi routers.
- jimmypangFeb 09, 2013by
good device, very easy to use, and works perfectly. Excellent buy
works flawlessly. Only issues with it are the battery life (I seem to get only max 2 hours out of mine) and the speed of the connection (but that may be a problem with the telco I'm with, not the device itself).