More items related to this product
Best Selling in Flashes
Save on Flashes
- $65.39Trending at $69.31
- $72.00Trending at $87.00
- $264.90Trending at $326.95
- $230.00Trending at $348.00
- $499.00Trending at $527.50
- $97.00Trending at $101.00
- $109.48Trending at $119.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to offering all the features of Nikon's SB-28 Speedlight, SB-28DX Speedlight flash unit enables TTL flash control with the Nikon D1 professional digital SLR camera. The SB-28DX features 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash for D1, designed specifically for Nikon's D1 digital SLR. It also offers AA (Auto Aperture) Flash capability with the Nikon D1.The Speedlight sets off a series of Monitor Pre-flashes before the main flash fires. The pre-flashes are detected by each of the five segments of the D1's TTL Multi Sensor. As a result, the main subject is properly illuminated by flash, and the background comes out looking natural for a well-balanced, superbly lit shot.Since the D1 uses a CCD instead of film, TTL flash control has been redesigned to ensure the same high-quality results offered by the 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash feature of current Nikon SLRs.The D1 employs a shutter blade located in front of the CCD. This allows TTL monitoring of the pre-flashes just before exposure and even after the reflex mirror goes up.A range of data is transmitted to the SB-28DX automatically (when using a CPU lens). Transmitted data includes: sensitivity, aperture value, focal length of the lens in use, and exposure compensation value.
- Lens Coverage18mm - 85mm
- Supported Exposure ControlE-TTL,TTL
- Compatible BrandFor Nikon
- Vertical Rotation Angle+90 / -7
- Horizontal Rotation Angle+180 / -90
- ZoomAutomatic and Manual
- Additional FeaturesAF illuminator,Illuminated LCD display,Red Eye Reduction,Sync/multiple flash terminal
- Required Battery4 x battery - AA type
Most relevant reviews
- traffixmonMar 23, 2015by
Great quality strobe for a great price!
This strobe is still a valuable accessory to have with any Nikon digital or film camera, even though it is obsolete. Or, I should say: Out of Production. Due to their popularity there are many out in the market to chose from. It has the power to cover even difficult bounce situations and it is built with old school quality that holds up to daily abuse. The use of conventional AA batteries instead of proprietary batteries also makes it very affordable to operate. Today's prices also lend it to be a real value, now going for about 1/5th of the original cost. This makes it a "must have" for the photo equipment bag.
- aastudioApr 11, 2013by
What a great deal for the money !!
Everyone knows the name Nikon,known for quality; and this item is no exception. When i needed an extra light for use as an off camera light, someone suggested purchasing a used SB-28. It has turned out to be a great deal, both cost wise and quality wise. Though I cannot use it in the automatic mode, I own a Canon Mark II,it does work well in the manual mode. Even used, it is a good value, better than an off brand item.
- bbooherAug 09, 2012by
A great flash for such a low cost!
I bought this flash to use with my Nikon F100. It is a match made in heaven. Both the camera and the flash communicate with one another allowing me to take photos without worry. Recently I took photos for a friend in very low light. The auto focus assist light worked like a charm! The flash also packs a powerful bunch. I typically bounce the flash when I can. It always puts out enough light for me to get my photograph. The built in bounce card also works quite well and I'm impressed with the quality that I get from using it when needed. You won't go wrong by purchasing one of these flashes for your film camera! In fact, buy several of them because they are selling for so little. It's amazing how quickly people move on to the next latest and greatest flash!
- huntersafetylou...Jan 07, 2012by
A quality Nikon speedlight
I owned the Nikon SB-28 which I use with my Nikon D-100 Digital SLR. Recently I purchased a Nikon D1X SLR at an auction and read where the Nikon SB-28DX was the speedlight to use with this camera. To be totally honest, I have not used it as yet. During the Holiday's I wanted to use cameras that I was totally familiar with, however I think that it will work well. I powered it up, so I know it works and feel comfortable that I will enjoy using it as Nikon manufactures quality products.
- saddlestands4co...Jan 08, 2015by
good flash unit for the price
very good used nikon flash unit for the price-have only used a few times but works as it should- this flash unit has been produced by nikon for years and had several upgrades