Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- Product InformationThe Nikon N55 camera is great for those looking for a no-fuss device that is lightweight and packed with features. The camera is easy to use because it is designed to automatically make the best use of the advanced technology inside it. Photos have vivid color, wide dynamic range in highlights, and sharp enlargements. Matrix Metering, vari-program, and exposure compensation are some of the important features found in the camera. A large LCD panel with characters that are easy to read makes mode selection and monitoring easy. The camera is bundled with two 3V CR2 lithium batteries, case, and neck or wrist strap.
- ModelN55 with 28-80 mm lens Kit
- Camera TypeSLR
- Film Type35mm
- Lens MountNikon F
- Battery Type2 x 3V Lithium Battery (CR-2)
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Number of Focusing Points3
- Shutter Speed30 to 1/2000 sec
- ISO Range - Automatic SettingISO 100 - 5000
- Frames per Second1.5 fps
- Manual Shooting ModesAperture Priority,Fully Manual,Program Shift,Shutter Priority
- Light Metering ModesCenter Weighted,Partial Metering
- Red Eye ReductionWith Red Eye Reduction
- Flash Guide Number39
- Dioptric Adjustment Range-1.5 to 0.8
- Film Auto TransportLoading,Rewind
- Eye Relief17 mm
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage89%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.68X
- Depth4.5 in.
- Height5.3 in.
- Width9.5 in.
- Weight12.32 Oz
- Automatic Shooting ModeLandscape,Macro,Night,Portrait,Sports
- Additional FeaturesAuto Exposure,Interchangeable Lenses,Self Timer
- Release DateQ2, 2002
Most relevant reviews
- knewsome69Jan 11, 2017by
Good camera and GREAT lens
The N55 was a good film camera for the beginner and intermediate photographer. The 28-80 mm 3.3- 5.6 G lens is VERY sharp and fast. This is a fantastic bargain for any photographer
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- bobgrandviewFeb 05, 2013by
I am glad I owned one and regret this one doesn't work.
What I liked about this camera was how easy it was to use. I had purchased it for a photo class because of the manual controls. I then replaced the one I had for a better Nikon model. After a while I sold it. When I saw this listing I purchased it for the excellent lens. I am glad I at one time owned this entry level camera. And, by-the-way, it took beautiful pictures.
- ekkotradingApr 05, 2011by
Great Film Camera!
If you like the advantages of film over digital images then this camera is for you! It has all of the capabilities that you'll need to create pristine pictures. This is a great camera for a budding photographer. Easy to use and easy to handle. We've used this camera for a long time and originally purchased it in 2002 to take great pictures. We were not disappointed.
- redlodgeplatzFeb 02, 2008by
Niklon N55 28-80 Lens 35mm Film Camera
I bought this camera because I have owned many Nikon SLR's over the years but this is my first auto SLR. I have been using Digital cameras and decided to buy this one because I wanted a Nikon at a reasonable price, plus I wanted to get back to 35mm film. I was pleasnatly suprised at the ease and effortless use of Nikon's low end SLR. The response in auto was very good. The focus worked great and the prints came out fine. I used the pop-up flash and compared it with my TLL hotshoe flash. Very pleased with the pop-up at close range and even at 20 feet at night the flash did OK with minor adjustment to the final print. This is a great beginner cmaera for those wanting to learn film photography. The lens gives a wide range of use including close-ups at 28mm. I am glad I bought this camera and plan on using it for my hikes in Arizona this Spring. Read full review
- f444fcfbacfd902...Mar 03, 2012by
Easy to use, makes you want to stop using digital.
I have bought two of these N55's in the past 7 years and have never been disappointed. It may not have the super tech of the newer models, but it does everything a decent photographer can appreciate. I use a lot of black and white film and this camera gives the captures the feel of 'old school' photography. Just buy one for your 'daily driver'. It's really good on batteries too.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Film Cameras
Save on Film Cameras
- $29.63Trending at $59.00
- $70.99Trending at $87.49
- $70.99Trending at $83.99
- $70.99Trending at $100.49
- $55.00Trending at $86.99
- $111.00Trending at $128.00
- $86.00Trending at $118.37