All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Camera Memory Cards
About this product
- Product InformationA top end digital SLR camera that has all the features you would expect of a camera at this end of the range. The Nikon D50 has seven scene modes including auto, child and night portrait, which will give you plenty of scope when framing certain shots. A built-in flash gives great coverage and adds extra light to dimly lit scenes. The accomplished photographer will appreciate the 1/4000 second max shutter speed and the continuous shooting of 2.5 frames per second. The weight, without the battery, is a good 1.2LBs, giving you the feel of a quality piece of technology in your hands. The 2-inch LCD display shows all that you capture with the 6.1MP sensor. The Pictbridge software allows you to print selected shots straight from the camera. Though many features may be for the experienced photographer, the Nikon D50 will deliver for the newbie who wants to move on and those who appreciate a great camera.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Sensor Resolution6.1MP
- Screen Size2"
- Sensor Size15.6 x 23.7mm
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens For SDBody Only
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Presets,Automatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera27 - 105mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±5 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure Metering3D color matrix II,Center-Weighted,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority,i-TTL Program Flash
- Light SensitivityISO 200-1600
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash +/- Compensation,Flash Off,Front Sync Flash,Manual,Rear Sync Flash,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryCompactFlash,MultiMediaCard,SD Card,SD Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital,Optical,Optical (Through-the-lens)
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level mirror pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.75x
- Dioptric Correction Range-1.6 to +0.5
- Depth3 in.
- Height4 in.
- Width5.2 in.
- Weight19 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2" - color
- Display Size2"
- Microphone TypeWithout Built-in Microphone
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9,Apple Mac OS X,Apple Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 98,MS Windows 98 SE,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP,Microsoft Windows 2000,Microsoft Windows 98SE,Microsoft Windows ME,Microsoft Windows XP,Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition,Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatDCF,DPOF,DPOF 1.1,EXIF 2.2,JPEG,RAW,Raw Image
- Additional FeaturesSelf Timer
- Shooting ProgramsChildren,Close-up,Landscape,Night portrait,Portrait mode,Sports mode
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Incandescent (Preset),Manual,Shade (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed2.5 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- newspaperguy114Nov 29, 2016by
D-50 great digital choice for beginner or pro
Having been in the newspaper industry for 40 years I have known alot of cameras. I bought Nikon D-50's for my entire news department and never regretted the move. For ease, versatility, and quality this is the camera. I have shot weddings, night fires, sports, wildlife, stills, and portraits with the D-50. Choose your lens and start shooting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- vaughnrollerNov 17, 2016by
Great replacement camera body
My original Nikon D-50 camera body's electronics failed a while ago and this replacement allowed me to continue taking photographs with a device I know with my original lenses while avoiding the cost of a new camera.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- dbulowFeb 02, 2016by
The d50 is an excellent consumer dslr. This particular one has some issues that may make it more valuable as an organ donor. That remains to be seen.
Verified purchase: Yes
- j1973skennyMar 17, 2015by
Great camera. Great value.
Lightest Nikon w focus motor. Can use with older Nikon auto focus lenses. These lenses are very inexpensive to buy w great optics. Very light. Easy dslr to operate.seems durable. Great value!!!
- jmsnineJun 24, 2013by
Excellt camera to teach kids
Bought this for my 9 year old son to learn photography. Great used camera at a great price to teach kids. Camera is light and small enough for him. I have a 18-55 VR lens that is perfect for him as well; 55-200 is too big for him to hold well. I am surprise how quickly a 9-year old can grasp the concept of aperture/shutter speed/ISO. Having instant feedback of the LCD really helps (compared to film when I learned photography). Having him shoot manual on a cloudy morning and chimping really drives the concepts home. Having him ALWAYS wear the neck strap and ALWAYS recap the lens is critical so he does not damage the camera. I am surprised how much he can be taught to respect the equipment compared to his other toys, etc. James
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $5,990.40Trending at $6,599.89
- $2,199.99Trending at $2,796.95
- $479.95Trending at $596.95
- $3,139.99Trending at $3,499.00
- $1,149.95Trending at $1,839.00
- $654.99Trending at $670.04
- $1,754.88Trending at $1,796.00