All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $5,990.40Trending at $6,599.89
- $2,199.99Trending at $2,796.95
- $479.95Trending at $596.95
- $3,139.99Trending at $3,499.00
- $1,149.95Trending at $1,839.00
- $654.99Trending at $670.04
- $1,754.95Trending at $1,796.00
About this product
- Product InformationThe design of this Nikon 6.1 MP camera has been optimized for a wide dynamic range and the DX Format CCD 6.1 MP sensor delivers photos with high resolution and sharp details. The Nikon D70s is ready to shoot 0.2 seconds after turning on and in addition photos are recorded and processed quickly, appearing on the 2-inch LCD monitor of this digital SLR camera almost instantly. This black Nikon 6.1 MP camera features several Vari-Programs that automatically set white balance, sharpening, tone (contrast), color, saturation, and hue settings to best match the subject. The automatic modes of the Nikon D70s include Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close Up, Sports, Night Landscape, and Night Portrait, to suit every need from the beginner to the experienced photographer. The EN-EL3a rechargeable Li-ion battery improves the energy capacity of this digital SLR camera, allowing the user to shoot numerous photos. Together with this Nikon 6.1 MP camera, in the same package an AF-S DX 18 mm-70 mm lens is included, completing a set of formidable tools ready to be used in any photographic task.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Sensor Resolution6.1 MP
- Screen Size2"
- Sensor Size15.6 x 23.7mm
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SDAF-S DX 18-70mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 70mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size67 mm
- Lens System FeaturesSilent Wave Motor (SWM), Internal Focusing System, Aspherical Lens, ED Glass
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction13 group(s) / 15 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera27 - 105mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/8000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±5 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure Metering3D color matrix,Center-Weighted,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority,i-TTL Program Flash
- Light SensitivityISO 200-1600
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Flash +/- Compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryCompactFlash,Microdrive
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level mirror pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.75x
- Dioptric Correction Range-1.6 to +0.5
- Depth3.1 in.
- Height4.4 in.
- Width5.5 in.
- Weight21.1 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2" - color
- Display Size2"
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video output
- Expansion Slot1 x CompactFlash Card - type I/II
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 98,MS Windows 98 SE,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG
- Additional FeaturesAutofocus,USB
- Shooting ProgramsClose-up,Landscape,Night landscape,Night portrait,Portrait mode,Sports mode
- Continuous Shooting Speed3 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- dingleireland1Jun 06, 2016by
Nice old camera.
Needs a little work, but came well packed and on time. These cameras still take beautiful photos with proper lighting and skill. I actually like the 300mm lens,,,I have all the others.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- benjaminthompso...Feb 02, 2016by
This is a TERRIFIC camera!
I'm the definition of an amateur photographer, and while I think I have a good "eye," I've never had the camera that could help me take the pictures I see. I also knew that so many famous photos were taken on the gold standard used by combat photographers and photojournalists: Nikon. I never thought I could afford one of these great cameras, but I found one on eBay, and it's better than I could've hoped for. It's intuitive and user friendly.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- zanetti2102Feb 27, 2015by
Best old Nikon DSLR for 1/500 Flash Sync and Infrared Photography
This is my favorite old Nikon DSLR out of the bunch that offer the good old features such as 1/500 flash sync and good Infrared performance. The D70 and the D50 are fine, but the extra features are great on the D70S, especially if you are used to all the manual controls and beefier (better) ergonomics of the more advanced cameras. I like to take my D70S out with a 18-105 VR lens and a 720 nm IR filter and this camera will auto-focus with the IR filter on and deliver razor sharp IR photos hand-held! I have not done any IR modification to this camera. Just a filter and VR lens. If you are looking to get into IR this is a great camera! Flash sync of 1/500 is indispensable when shooting outdoors for fill flash or at wide apertures. That is another reason I like having this camera around. Yes, I'll set my D600 down and grab the D70S if I want to take pictures of my kids outside on a bright sunny day. There is just something nice and different about the CCD sensor. Forget low-light stuff though. This camera has a lot of noise above ISO 500. Overall I would say this is an awesome camera. Read full review
- sgtcombsApr 19, 2016by
Just what I needed
Bought camera knowing it didn't function with the hopes that the issue wasn't the image sensor, and it wasn't . So now I've got a beautiful Sony ICX493AQA imaging sensor to play with! : ))
Verified purchase: Yes
- 4447richardFeb 08, 2015by
As an avid Naval photographer, I shoot a lot.There's nothing worse than a 5MP photo being enlarged.This camera shoots BIG.Compared to the D200 it may not be as feature rich, but I don't need all of those features.Great value for what it does.