Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $420.00Trending at $424.95
- $898.99Trending at $908.99
- $2,689.99Trending at $3,198.00
- $659.00Trending at $949.99
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $779.99Trending at $996.95
About this product
- Product InformationThe D3000 is a high-performance DX-format SLR that delivers superb images and boasts a range of functions, which make photography simple and fun. Nikon's intelligent Guide Mode offers incredibly user-friendly in-camera assistance, enabling even beginners to capture wonderful images. Perfect for shots that you are not sure how to take, and guide mode will ask you about the image you want to capture and automatically optimize the camera settings for the best possible results. When you want to learn more, you can use Guide Mode to find out how to adjust the settings yourself. The 10.2-megapixel image sensor and fast autofocus performance ensure precise, detailed images. The large, 3-inch LCD screen is highly convenient for composing and reviewing images, and makes it easy to use the in-camera retouch menu that enables you to modify images without a computer. The D3000 - the camera that shows you how to capture stunning shots with ease.
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution10.2MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens For SDAF-S DX VR G 18-55mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Light SensitivityISO 100-1600
- Light Sensitivity Max10032001600
- Flash TypeBuilt-In
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Depth6.35 cm
- Height9.65 cm
- Width12.7 cm
- Weight485 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display Size3"
- HDMI OutputNo
- Still Image FormatDCF 2.0,EXIF 2.21,JPEG,Raw Image
- FeaturesAF Tracking,Blink Detection,Image Stabilisation,Interchangeable Lenses,Red-eye Correction,USB 2.0,Vibration Reduction Function,With Tripod Mount
- White BalanceDaylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Incandescent (Preset),Shade (Preset)
Most relevant reviews
- bigroy00May 03, 2013by
The quality and features of this camera make it ideal for a beginner.
I wanted to upgrade to a "proper" DSLR after having had a number of point and shoot digital cameras. This model is a few years old now but that means its now very reasonably priced, and for me 10.2 mp is more than enough. Bigger file sizes of more recent models would cause problems with storage that I can live without. It doesn't have a movie mode but that's not important to me I cant really find any fault with this camera, it has a solid quality feel that makes it really nice to use.
- colin2022May 20, 2012by
Loving it cant wait for the sunshine to gets some great summer colour shots
I bought this camera as I had in the past Nikon 35mm film cameras. These gave good quality sharp action packed photos. I wanted something simple self explanitary that would give me the above, this does, and although this model has since been superceeded it does what it says and is great toy to start digital photography with. I consider I got a good buy and with the additional lense I can cover good long distance ranges. Its not the best thats why I gave it a 4 but it is for the price and value. It also has good feel of quality, and in my opinion quite robust not that I would want to bash it about. The many settings and modes i am still playing with but it does have good ranges and the self help screen is likewise very handy.
- chocolatecrappy...Mar 02, 2012by
Good value, easy to use, very pleased with picture quality.
This is a cheaper alternative to the D80 which I had before, with the same megapixels, it's easier to use, lighter to handle and importantly for where I live it has a clever little dust removal system which I find invaluable for my nature shots in Bulgaria. I do miss the bracketing which the D80 has, otherwise very pleased with this camera.
- gilsondavemitiApr 08, 2013by
It's an excellent camera easy to use even if if you are not familiar DSLR photography .........it's my first time to use a DSLR camera but I have no problem using this one
- 2010tony10Feb 04, 2013by
Easy to use, well made,takes great pics
Great camera, have bought a case thro Ebay, also some filter. It compares very well with the Sony model.