Best Selling in Network Hubs
Save on Network Hubs
- $79.00Trending at $148.75
- $25.00Trending at $30.70
- $22.99Trending at $28.95
- $19.99Trending at $35.51
- $12.00Trending at $16.58
- $85.01Trending at $92.79
- $8.75Trending at $10.30
About this product
- Product InformationThe Netgear GS110TP-100NAS ProSafe PoE smart switch is designed for the type of high-security networks that mix PoE copper lines with SFP uplinks. As it is part of the Netgear family of ProSafe PoE smart switches, it shares many of the same features but in a smaller package. The GS110TP has eight dedicated gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000 Mbps) that connect to your devices via the standard RJ-45 copper cable, each of which can carry a maximum of 15.4 W of power. It has two additional dedicated gigabit SFP ports that use fiber uplinks to overcome the distance limitations of RJ-45 cables. Under the hood, it has 16MB of flash memory and an additional 64MB of DDR SRAM. The switch's robust design comes with a wall-mount kit meant for external use in an exposed environment. It is specially designed to operate in environmental conditions with an ambient temperature between 0 degrees Celsius and 50 degrees Celsius (32 Fahrenheit and 122 Fahrenheit), and it can function normally when exposed to a non-condensing relative humidity as low as 10 percent or as high as 90 percent. The switch relies upon passive cooling where heat radiates freely through its vents without the use of forced air. The compact form factor makes it the ideal size for discrete mounting on external surfaces, and an installation guide and resource CD are included so that the switch can be set up quickly and easily. Its simple firmware allows for sophisticated traffic control management for a small number of powered devices at gigabit speeds. By default, all eight Ethernet ports are IEEE 802.af compliant, and the firmware is pre-configured so that each port is PoE+ capable and ready to power devices when necessary. Flow control can be managed with the Broadcast Storm control feature, and jumbo frames are supported to a maximum of 9216 bytes. The management software supports VLAN configurations, and it offers port trunking for improved bandwidth control. Port mirroring is disabled by default but can be enabled for one port. Up to 20 statically locked MACs can be set in the Access Control List table (ACL), and an additional 600 dynamic MAC addresses can be learned and managed automatically by the smart switch. By default, the eight-port GS110TP is capable of powering and managing streaming network devices such as security cameras and VoIP phones, UDP port 4567 for the streaming source, and 4568 for the streaming destination port. The Netgear GS110TP gives you PoE power management features that prove useful when you want to monitor and control power resources. Special features, including the Advanced QoS system, make traffic control easy and intuitive to set up. This ensures priority queuing and makes sure that high-priority traffic is routed efficiently even when there is congestion from high-burst traffic. Savvy users shopping for high-security solutions for smaller networks can simplify their network with one of the smallest members of the NetGear family of ProSafe smart switches. Inexperienced home users will find its ease of use and reliability more than satisfactory for their needs.
- Form FactorExternal
- Ports Qty8
- Data Transfer Rate1 Gbps
- Data Link ProtocolEthernet
- Other FeaturesLayer 2 switching, auto-sensing per device, DHCP support, auto-negotiation, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, DiffServ support, store and forward, Broadcast Storm Control, firmware upgradable, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support
- Status IndicatorsPort status, link activity, port transmission speed, power, link OK
- Networking TypeSwitch
- Connectivity TechnologyWired
- Switching ProtocolEthernet
- Remote Management ProtocolHTTP,HTTPS,RMON 1,RMON 2,RMON 3,RMON 9,SNMP 1,SNMP 2c,SNMP 3
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE)Yes
- MAC Address Table Size4K entries
- Interfaces8 x network / power - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- Power SupplyPower adapter - external
- Width9.3 in.
- Height1.1 in.
- Depth4 in.
- Weight2 lbs
- Enclosure TypeExternal
- Humidity Range Operating (Range)10 - 90%
- Max Operating Temperature122 ˚F
- Min Operating Temperature32 ˚F
Most relevant reviews
- gnjpowellOct 19, 2015by
best little switch !
this is a great switch! the web gui is very nice and user friendly. we have a least a dozen of these at work. like them so much we bought one for home use when our cisco switch failed. very highly recommend this switch.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- ditcheshurtSep 25, 2012by
Managed, 8 gigE w/PoE, 2 SFP uplinks, tons of features.
Worked right out of the box with PoE, expansive configuration options. Netgear really went above and beyond with packaging a managed eight port gigabit with PoE and two SFP switch into such a small package for such an affordable price.