Mutant League Football (Sega Genesis, 1993)
Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $22.29Trending at $30.99
- $13.99Trending at $15.00
- $17.99Trending at $18.98
- $19.89Trending at $21.44
- $23.99Trending at $24.64
- $24.99Trending at $27.99
- $18.50Trending at $20.99
About this product
- Product InformationFootball is an aggressive sport as it is, but it gets even more brutal when a bunch of mutants take the field. In Mutant League Football for Sega Genesis, players put their bodies on the line to beat the other team. While a normal football field is covered in grass, the in-game one features rocks, potholes, and land mines. Some of the destructive plays include running backs who carry TNT and quarterbacks who throw actual bombs. Watch as the motley crew of skeletons, zombies, and demons get together to dismantle the referee for trying to enforce any rules at all. Choose from 19 different playing arenas and demolish your way through four insane difficulty levels to win.
- PublisherElectronic Arts
- GameMutant League Football
- PlatformSega Genesis
- ESRB RatingRating Pending
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year1993
Most relevant reviews
- dagamecellarDec 07, 2013by
Old School Spin on Football.
Mutant League Football is old school fantasy style football at its finest. As kids, we ran this cart and the Genesis hot playing this game for hours on end.
Aliens, robots, skeletons and the best were the trolls. War Slammers was the best team and the Sixty Whiners was the worst team made up of weak skeleton players.
You could bribe the ref once per game to call phony penalties, You could even kill the bribed ref. Which made for some hilarious antics. The graphics and game play are somewhat irrelevant today. But for those who hunger for video games of the yesteryear era, they will appreciate this spin-off of a football game called Mutant League Football
- jimmy_karlbird1May 08, 2013by
Football the way it's meant to be played.
I bought this to bring back some AWESOME old memories. I love almost everything about this game, although it does get repetitive somewhat quickly. This is by far one of the best sports games of all time.
- warduke816May 22, 2009by
When you're tired of run of the mill football games
Then this one is for you! The only upsetting thing about this game is why all mighty was this never made into more games? I like to play College and Madden Football just as much as the next guy in line does. But sometimes I like to break away from the norm. The blitz games are pretty cool but they just don't have that extra barbaric touch like this game does. Orcs, Skeletons, Barbarians slugging it out on the field killing eachother getting blown up by land mines or falling into fire pits. And who wouldn't like to kill the ref every now and again? It's lots of fun to play and a pretty simple one to pick up and learn unlike modern day football games, while they look flashy they have a steep learning curve and can be frustrating to learn. This is fun old school smash mouth football gaming at it's best. If you grew up with these games or just like older games then you can't go wrong here! 10 out of 10!Read full review
- kenmv1371Sep 22, 2009by
Mutant League Football
Great game. Fun and easy to play. Brings the hard hitting action of the game of football to a new level. The ability to destroy players as the run down the field adds to the excitement. I bought the game because I loved it as a kid and as a college junior it has not lost any of the perks that made it desirable as a 10 year old.
- beaudoincJan 04, 2011by
The true classic games were made in the 90's...
I bought this to bring me back quite a few years to my childhood. I remember getting a sega genesis..and then I was blessed to recieve this game called Mutant League Football..the game is fun..addicting..and it serves it's purpose..to entertain. I bought a Sega just to get this original game. If you have a Sega,,and don't have this game..you are missing out.