Motorola XOOM MZ604 32GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in - Black
Top Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Great Prices on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $339.99Trending at $359.74
- $369.99Trending at $393.10
- $229.99Trending at $252.20
- $489.99Trending at $525.00
- $264.00Trending at $270.00
- $875.00Trending at $999.00
- $719.99Trending at $749.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe Motorola Xoom 32GB tablet is lightweight, yet durable, the perfect combination for getting work done on the go. The 25-ounce device is powered by a superior NVIDIA dual-core 1GHz processor. Run by the Android 3.1 operating system, the power of Motorola and Google are miraculously merged into one device. Its lithium ion battery provides up to 10 hours of use off of a single charge. There's no limit to the things users can explore on the tablet's 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen display. Illuminated by a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, view the clearest images as well as pictures taken by its 5MP rear camera. Save all the selfies snapped with the 2MP front facing camera on the device's spacious 32GB flash storage.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Family LineXOOM
- Display Size10.1in (25.65 cm)
- Storage Capacity32GB
- Operating SystemAndroid
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesAAC,ACC+,AMR,MP3
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturernVidia
- Processor TypeDual Core
- Processor Speed1GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechWXGA
- Display Max. Resolution1280 x 800
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Rear Camera Resolution5 megapixel
- Front Camera Resolution2 megapixel
- Installed Cache Memory1024 KB
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Installed RAM1GB
- Max Supported RAM1.00GB
Connections and Expandability
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Expansion PortsHDMI,Micro USB
- PC InterfaceMicro-USB,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,WLAN 802.11a,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputMicrophone
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Line Out,Sound card,Speaker(s)
- Height9.08in (24.91 cm)
- Width9.8in (24.91 cm)
- Depth0.51in (1.29 cm)
- Weight1.56lb (0.71 kg)
- Battery Run TimeUp to 24 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodCamera,Digitizer,Touch-Screen
- Release Date5/24/2011
- Security FeaturesUSB Port Control
- Special FeaturesBluetooth,Built-In Front Camera,Built-In Keyboard,Built-In Rear Camera
Most relevant reviews
- tybo132000Dec 01, 2015by
One of the best tablets you can buy - as good as an iPad and I've had both.
I've been using a XOOM for about a month or so after experiencing a couple of other Honeycomb tablets and I had the opportunity to play around with the latest iPad for a weekend. I thought I'd say this because the XOOM is the tablet I am going to keep - not an easy thing because there are 3 kids around who'd run and hide with it every time they got an opportunity. I am not saying that the XOOM is perfect, far from it - and I will discuss its imperfections shortly - but, as tablets go it met and it occasionally exceeded my expectations more often than the other brands I tried. The disappointments were few and non-essential.
After a couple of months with tablets I can say that using one CAN be a fun and rewarding experience IF one's expectations are realistic therefore...
Touch is fun but it's not a mouse. Consider that your index finger is way bigger than the mouse pointer's 'point' and the tablet screen is much smaller. Touch works better than mouse in some instances like in pinch-zoom and scrolling but not in most instances.
Of the 'hundreds of thousands' there are not a lot of 'serious' or full-featured apps at this time at least when it comes to 'creating' content as opposed to playing/consuming it. Tablets are limited by their specific interfaces and by their horsepower even though they do come with features (GPS, compass, thermometer, barometer) not commonly found in PCs. For example, the official 'Adobe Photoshop Express' I downloaded offers less than 1% of what you are likely to find in the 'real' Photoshop. It's ingeniously adapted to 'touch' but if you really wanted to edit your pics, you'd probably pick the real thing.
WHY A TABLET
And yet tablets are magical and I'm having more fun with mine. And here's why:
The XOOM sits to the left of my keyboard in the morning, playing the morning news shows while I'm having breakfast and reading my email.
There is this app that has over a thousand old movies and I often play one at lunch.
I'm making phone calls and video calls. My PC and my laptop can do that too but I now prefer to do my calls on the tablet while the PC does what PCs do best - crunch spreadsheet numbers, help me write and edit long documents and edit pictures and video to near-perfection.
At night, me and the kids learn about the stars, thanks to one free app that takes advantage of the tablet's built-in GPS and compass, showing the stars and constellations exactly as we see them and showing their names.
My 8 yr. old daughter finds playing math games with a stylus a lot more fun than pencil and paper or PC-based math drills.
There is an enormous amount of mostly-free games that kids like to play on the XOOM, many of them mind-bending puzzles which should be good for them.
XOOM vs. THE OTHERS
Let me begin with what I 'like':
It's Wi-Fi and it's not 3G or 4G. In other words I pay less, I don't worry about 'usage' and I'm free to use my tablet as I please. I thought I'd mentioned that because every single listing in Amazon's app store comes with the disclaimer stating that "AT&T has enabled purchases from the Amazon Appstore for some devices". And that's a shame - being at the mercy of someone you actually pay to provide a service not to boss you around. AT&T has zero control over my Wi-Fi XOOM.
It's an Android and that means freedom or at least more freedom than the iWorld. I can download and run anything I want and nobody can stop me from doing so. Thumbs up!Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- rooweightonJan 22, 2016by
Motorola Xoom 10.1" 32gb
We bought a Xoom almost 5 years ago for our now 9-1/2 year old. It has stood the test of time, and weathered the trials of small children fantastically! TONS of apps to choose from in Google Play. 32gb means that, even with hundreds of apps installed, we've never run out of memory. We bought our 2nd Xoom for our 5 year old this Christmas, and shortly afterward our 3rd Xoom purchase because it was the tablet of choice for our college student. It is a great tablet - we've never had trouble with it and would recommend it to anyone.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- duanyMar 05, 2015by
Nice tablet, easy to use, fast and full featured.
Excellent. This is my second Xoom, I blew the motherboard on the first one after three years of use (My fault). It is fast, takes great pictures, the battery life is good to excellent (I charge it every night, use it throughout the day. I admit I am not the most knowledgeable user, but I do ok. Wireless works great, never used 3G because verizon is expensive and my phone has 4G. It updated the Android OS automatically until recently, seamlessly. It now has 4.1.2.
- jimi_rottweilerDec 08, 2015by
Like the design. First tablet, so will have to check out others to give a better review.
It works fine. It shut down on me once. But, I got on-line and found out how to reboot it. Other than that, it's cool. I'm planning on buying a better one soon, with more power. But, this one is to learn about. Cool tablet, to begin with.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- gome6953Jan 20, 2015by
Excellent product. I recommend it. One of the best tablets in the world. Really smooth, nice operating system, nice screen. Motorola made a product of great quality. Best price for a such a great product.