Motorola Droid 2 - 8GB - Dark sapphire (Verizon) Smartphone
Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Great Prices on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $219.99Trending at $231.00
- $219.00Trending at $229.95
- $459.77Trending at $479.00
- $298.99Trending at $317.11
- $569.99Trending at $594.99
- $224.99Trending at $228.98
About this product
- Product InformationMotorola Droid 2 A955 runs on Android operating system and has 1420 mAh battery capacity. This smartphone features a convenient 5.0MP camera, so you can capture images and store them on 8GB memory space. This Motorola smartphone supports WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800 and 2G/3G networks. It comes in dark sapphire.
- Family LineMotorola Droid
- Storage Capacity8GB
- ColorDark sapphire
- Network Generation2G,3G
- Network TechnologyCDMA2000 1X / EVDO
- BandWCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800
- Camera Resolution5.0MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSDHC
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1420 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 500 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 320 hr
- Display TechnologyLCD display
- Screen Size3.7"
- Display Resolution480 x 854 pixels
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardYes
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.57 in.
- Depth0.55 in.
- Width2.4 in.
- Weight5.96 oz
Most relevant reviews
- brinneysmom777Oct 23, 2014by
The Droid 2 is an excellent choice for a good solid android smartphone!
I have to admit, I've got a special affinity to the older Droid smartphones. And the Droid 2 is no exception.
There's a reason these phones have been around for a while. It's because Motorola uses high quality parts in their manufacture that really makes a difference in their use, their feel, and most notably, their functionality.
The Droid 2 is capable of running the latest Android development software and most of today's games and applications.
The only real issue I have with the Droid 2 is it's lack of internal memory. This can become a bit troublesome even with an additional SD card installed as even applications stored away on the SD card can often take up needed space because of application start-up requirements. But it's an older phone so it's expected. When it comes down to it, it really becomes a simple matter of tradeoff.
And in my opinion, it's often the Droid 2 that wins in this match up!Read full review
- zechcp19812012Jun 19, 2016by
just did not work
tried it for a month wasnt impressed with the screen spazzing out doing what it wanted to do on its own. could not control it could not stop it from dialing or texting random words . in other words phone was broken .
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- dkannal88Feb 21, 2014by
i would recommend this phone to anyone out there very happy with it!!!!!
great phone to have! takes awesome pichures. love it!!!! i would recommend this phone to anyone out there very happy with it!! it slides open to text, very easy to look up anything u want on it from pics to music to web the quality of the phone is 5 starrs. my first time owning a droid phone it great theres so many accessaries u can buy for it extended battery , a case , a holder ,and a screen cover. so take a moment and consider this phone. why keep up grading buy this phone youll be really happy with this motorola droid 2 a955
- sswaringDec 19, 2014by
Not worth the money for a used/reconditioned phone.
I actually liked this phone just fine. I like having a slider and a small phone. I got it used (reconditioned) to fill out the rest of my contract (6 months). It worked well for 3 weeks, then completely died.
Motorola has EXCELLENT customer service. They did a lot of troubleshooting before determining that it was not worth repairing.
So if you are considering a used/reconditioned Droid 2, I wouldn't recommend it. This is NOT a reflection on a brand new Droid 2, but I doubt you could buy one of those anymore!
- mrsmcline97Oct 03, 2014by
Worth the price.
Great phone for what most individuals need to do in their everyday life. Activation is as simple as 1...2...3. Picture and sound are great and the size of the screen is perfect. The touchscreen is not hard to manuever and the slide our keyboard is just an added bonus, which I find is not really a necessity as everything can be done with ease from the screen.