Best Selling in Nonfiction
Uninvited : Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst (2016, Paperback)
Save on Nonfiction
- $17.40Trending at $17.89
- $34.57Trending at $35.99
- $12.49Trending at $13.00
- $23.23Trending at $43.12
- $18.69Trending at $19.59
- $16.16Trending at $16.50
- $10.60Trending at $11.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years since it was first published, this influential book based on the highly invative findings of social psychologist Dr. Ellen J. Langer and her team of researchers at Harvard made its mark for its unique concept of mindfulness, thoroughly adapted to contemporary life in the West. Langer s theory has been applied to a wide number of fields, including health, business, aging, prejudice, and learning. There is w a new psychological assessment based on her work (called the Langer Mindfulness Scale) as well as an institute in Mexico founded to apply the concepts of mindfulness to health and wellness. In her introduction to this 25th anniversary edition, Dr. Langer outlines some of these exciting applications and suggests those still to come.
- Author BiographyEllen Langer Ph.D., Professor of Psychology at Harvard University, . is the author The Psychology of Control, Mindfulness, The Power of Mindful Learning, On Becoming an Artist and Counterclockwise. Here work has been translated into a dozen languages.She is the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship and numerous awards including the Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in the Public Interest of the American Psychological Association..
- Author(s)Ellen J Langer
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement25th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.