Top Selling in Cookbooks
Great Prices on Cookbooks
- $12.01Trending at $14.17
- $15.67Trending at $16.66
- $14.28Trending at $14.89
- $11.93Trending at $12.59
- $17.75Trending at $20.00
- $12.00Trending at $14.13
- $16.45Trending at $17.99
About this product
- SynopsisOnce upon a time, Martians and Venusians met, fell in love, and had happy relationships together because they respected and accepted their differences. Then they came to Earth and amnesia set in: they forgot they were from different planets. Using this metaphor to illustrate the commonly occurring conflicts between men and women, Dr. John Gray explains how these differences can come between the sexes and prohibit mutually fulfilling, loving relationships. Based on years of successful counseling of couples and individuals, he gives advice on how to counteract these differences in communication styles, emotional needs and modes of behavior to promote a greater understanding between individual partners. Now available in its complete, unabridged form, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus is an invaluable tool for developing deeper and more satisfying relationships.,Popular marriage counselor and seminar leader John Gray provides a unique, practical and proven way for men and women to communicate and relate better by acknowledging the differences between them. Once upon a time Martians and Venusians met, fell in love, and had happy relationships together because they respected and accepted their differences. Then they came to earth and amnesia set in: they forgot they were from different planets. Using this metaphor to illustrate the commonly occurring conflicts between men and women, Gray explains how these differences can come between the sexes and prohibit mutually fulfilling loving relationships. Based on years of successful counseling of couples, he gives advice on how to counteract these differences in communication styles, emotional needs and modes of behavior to promote a greater understanding between individual partners. Gray shows how men and women react differently in conversation and how their relationships are affected by male intimacy cycles ("get close," "back off"), and female self-esteem fluctuations ("Im okay," "Im not okay"). He encourages readers to accept the other genders particular way of expressing love, and helps men and women learn how to fulfill each others emotional needs. With practical suggestions on how to reduce conflict, crucial information on how to interpret a partners behavior and methods for preventing emotional "trash from the past" from invading new relationships, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus is a valuable tool for couples who want to develop deeper and more satisfying relationships with their partners.,The most well-know, long-lived, and tried-and-tested relationships guide ever: the phenomenal #1 New York Times bestseller Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus . In this classic guide to understanding the opposite sex, Dr. John Gray provides a practical and proven way for men and women to improve their communication by acknowledging the differences between their needs, desires, and behaviors. No other relationship guide on the market will give you the same level of evidence-based insight sure to help you strengthen and nurture your relationships for years to come.
- AuthorJohn Gray
- Number Of Pages304 pages
- Publication Date1993-04-23
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Copyright Date1992
- Weight13.6 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width5.5 In.
- Length8.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberHQ734.G727 1992
- Dewey Decimal646.7/8
- Dewey Edition20
- Reviews"Gray offers a Berlitz of the heart, a translation of that foreign language your spouse is speaking. And hearing.",'�Gray offers a Berlitz of the heart, a translation of that foreign language your spouse is speaking. And hearing.'�
Most relevant reviews
- sewtamboMar 30, 2016by
Every married couple needs to read this
This book has a lot of valuable insight for understanding the differences in men and women. If you are having problems in your marriage, or just want to understand the opposite sex, I strongly recommend this book. A marriage counselor recommended this book to me. This book has help me to understand why my husband acts the way he does. The rubber band therory is so true and was an eye-opener for me. And how women ride the waves. The book is great to keep as a reference. I highly recommend getting this book..
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- fsublksMay 17, 2012by
I bought this to see the error in my ways of communcating with my spouse. I must say this book provided a lot of insight into how to communicate with "martians" and get what I want out of a relationship. The greatest advice from this book is the love letter because it gives you a chance to communicate all of your feelings and then seal it with love at the end. So far it has been working!
- dianal760Mar 07, 2012by
great book awesome value
The book was in great shape. Just like new.
Good advice for married couples. My husband and I are planning to get married by the catholic church and the priest told us to read this book first. I can see why he did that. It helps you to understand the opposite sex better. I would recommend
this book for anybody who is planning to get married and for those who are already married.
- hennykojennyFeb 15, 2010by
AWESOME BOOK for the sexes!
My mom have had this book when I was a little girl but kept it hidden in her closet for as long as I can remember as if it was some porn book that kids are not supposed to see!
I was curious for quite sometime but that curiosity died down as I nor my sister was succeeding in sneaking in our parents room to take a peek of the precious, mysterious book...
Many years after I was married and my marriage was on the rocks. I went for a walk at a nearby bookstore to unwind a little bit and as I turned from aisle to aisle trying to distract myself from the pain there was "the book" I browsed at the book for a few hours and my head cleared a little bit as my eyes laid on the pages that started contrasting men and women. I didn't finish the book because I figured I have to head back home to my husband....
Some other time I went to visit a dear neighbor of mine and found this book, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, on her book shelf. There was like a quick rewind button that got pushed in my brain and brought me all the way back to my mom hiding the "sacred book!" I then borrowed the book from my neighbor and read little by little. I learned a lot and thought to myself had I known these things about men before perhaps my past relationships would have been different but oh well I can only move forward from today.
I got divorced with my husband few months after that grave day but my blessing was finding this book as sorta like a bible for relationships. I am now married to my second husband but I remember reading some pages of this book to him when we were still dating. I would see his head turning from right to left like not agreeing to some of the things I read to him and that opens up a discussion for us. Discussion not argument. It was great because we are able to discuss our feelings to each other and make each other understand our interpretations and what not. I ended up giving my copy of the book to my ex-boss as her marriage were on the rocks when I left. I figured if she can take the time to read "the book" it might help her understand the men psyche and save her marriage. I started missing "the book" so I went looking for a new copy and got it!
I think this book is great not only for couples but for men and women who are old enough to understand and digest through this book. It makes you understand why men are men and why women are women. It's awesome! =)Read full review
- doris28906Feb 23, 2011by
A MUST READ!!! "FOR EVERONE"
This has to be the best book ever written for the opposite sexes to learn to clearly communicate with each other. I now have a very clear understanding of why my past relationships have failed. And I am now confident that my current relationship will last a life time. It has also helped me in dealings with team members and coworkers of the opposite sex. This is absolutly the best self help book that I have ever read. Thank you John Gray!!!