Medical Terminology for Health Professions by Ann Ehrlich and Carol L. Schroeder (2000, Mixed Media, Revised)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing by Smeltzer, Kerry H. Cheever and Janice L. Hinkle (2013, Hardcover, Revised)
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $28.50Trending at $28.90
- $68.73Trending at $73.98
- $36.48Trending at $36.89
- $45.00Trending at $51.98
- $54.99Trending at $57.80
- $44.95Trending at $47.45
- $199.95Trending at $261.19
About this product
- SynopsisA proven and unique combination of learning principals and exercises, the 4th Edition has been completely updated with a new design, innovative features, plus the latest terminology, definitions and teaching resources to facilitate mastery of medical terminology.,A proven and unique combination of learning principles and exercises, the 4th Edition has been completely updated with a new design, innovative features, plus the latest terminology, definitions, and teaching resources to facilitate mastery of medical terminology. Based on the strengths of previous editions, plus suggestions from numerous reviewers, the fourth edition has dozens of features that make this book even easier to use. Supplements Audio Tapes 0-7668-1299-5 Computerized Testbank 0-7668-1327-4 Instructor's Manual 0-7668-1325-8 Instructor's Resource Kit 0-7668-1326-6 Text/Tape Package Medical Terminology for Health Professions 0-7668-1298-7 Ehrlich 4th Edition WebTutor Stand Alone 0-7668-2775-5,The process of learning medical terminology does not have to be intimidating. Written in easy-to-understand language and bursting with full-color illustrations, Medical Terminology for Health Professions, takes on the challenge of teaching you hundreds of difficult, unfamiliar terms...and succeeds! Chapter vocabulary lists and learning exercises alert you to key concepts, while the innovative "See and Say" pronunciation system ensures your ability to pronounce complex medical terms with ease. The Activity CD-ROM features the latest in interactive exercises and games to reinforce the material and engage you in the learning process. Each chapter ends with the new "Human Touch: Critical Thinking Exercise," a real-life scenario that will encourage you to discuss the current issues in medical care, think critically about difficult choices, and view patients are real people. Whether you are a student on your way to a career in a health-related occupation or a health-related professional looking to increase you skill base, this book will give you the knowledge you need to learn, understand, and apply medical terminology. Key Features: *Comprehensive Medical Terminology review includes study tips, additional practice opportunities, and a simulated final exam. *Appendices include a comprehensive list of word parts with definitions, an extensive list of abbreviations and meanings, and a quick reference glossary *Removable flash cards for use in suggested study games or as study aids *Increased emphasis on word parts promotes broader, more complete learning *Audio tapes and Online Course both available for use with this text *Appealing to individuals with learning difficulties and English as a second language users,This innovative update of the best-selling text, Medical Terminology for Health Professions, targets those who need to grasp the concepts of medical terminology quickly and easily. Written in easy-to-understand language that appeals to all learning types, this book simplifies the process of learning hundreds of difficult to pronounce medical terms into manageable steps. Full-color illustrations and an attractive new design make this book inviting and straightforward to use. Learning exercises included in both the book and the Activity CD-ROM provide valuable interactive practice for the reader as you master the concepts of medical terminology.(KEYWORDS: anatomy, physiology, prefix, suffix, word building, terminology)
- AuthorAnn Ehrlich,Carol L. Schroeder
- Number Of Pages544 pages
- Edition DescriptionRevised
- FormatMixed Media
- Publication Date2000-06-16
- PublisherDelmar Cengage Learning
- Edition Number4
- Copyright Date2001
- Weight39.3 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width9.2 In.
- Length10.8 In.
- GroupCollege Audience
- LC Classification NumberR123.E475 2001
- Dewey Decimal610/.14
- Dewey Edition19
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentChapter 1: Introduction to Medical Terminology. Chapter 2: Structure of the Human Body. Chapter 3: Word Part Review. Chapter 4: Skeletal System. Chapter 5: Muscular System. Chapter 6: The Cardiovascular System. Chapter 7: Lymphatic and Immune Systems. Chapter 8: The Respiratory System. Chapter 9: The Digestive System. Chapter 10: The Urinary System. Chapter 11: The Nervous System. Chapter 12: Special Senses: Eyes and Ears. Chapter 13: The Integumentary System. Chapter 14: The Endocrine System. Chapter 15: The Reproductive Systems. Chapter 16: Diagnostic Procedures and Pharmacology. Chapter 17: Comprehensive Medical Terminology Review. Appendix A: Previxes, Combining Forms, and Suffixes. Appendix B: Abbreviations and Meanings. Appendix C: Glossary of Pathology and Flash Cards, and Student Activity CD-ROM
Most relevant reviews
- *treasured*memo...Nov 03, 2008by
AWESOME! Must Read!
If you are in the medical field or just want to learn more about Human Anatomy, or medical terms, this is a great book to have. Although I recomment to start with an easy one, VOL. 1 and work your way up.
It has flash cards for easier learning techniques and graphics. I LOVE THIS BOOK! I'm not getting rid of it either! (LOL)
- glodeals1Aug 08, 2008by
This book was excellent! Comprehensive and easy to study. You will learn from the material in this book. Recommended!
- cmmabe7348Apr 03, 2010by
Good title. Tells consumer what is being auctioned.
I bought this for my sister who is taking courses and needed this book. From what her teacher said, this is the most current up to date version without any incorrect information. It is helping my sister learn her new trade a little bit easier.
- n.c.flowerNov 07, 2006by
Medical Terminology For Health Professions
This book was bought for a nursing class. The layout of the book makes it easy to follow. The full color illustrations helps you to understand the text more clearly. I especially like the pronunciation guide. Great even for personal use.
- buddynprissySep 02, 2008by
Helpful for Learning
This book was bought to learn some medical terminology and spelling on the job. It is currently serving its purpose well. Having the words broken apart helps a lot.