Maximum Carnage (Sega Genesis, 1994)
About this product
- Product InformationSave New York city from destruction in the classic Sega Genesis game Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage. With the city in distress, the two foes team up to create a powerful unlikely team. Throughout the game, players will use either Spider-Man or Venom to defeat enemies and save the city. For particularly challenging quests, players can summon a variety of Marvel Superheroes by collecting hidden items throughout the levels. Published in 1994, this action video game by Acclaim Entertainment is guaranteed to provide hours of entertainment. With several beautiful urban locations and music from ‘Green Jelly,’ this superhero single-player video game is a must for all gamers.
- PublisherAcclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- GameMaximum Carnage
- PlatformSega Genesis
- ESRB RatingTeen
- GenreAction, Adventure
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year1994
Most relevant reviews
- mongousretroJan 10, 2016by
Difficult but enjoyable
The gameplay is great, it had a "comic book" type of gameplay, it is a difficult game to play but you will be happy. A definite classic!
Verified purchase: No
- at-gijoeAug 07, 2012by
This is a great video game for MARVEL fans of all ages!
This game has more MARVEL characters in it than you can shake a stick at! The DEMONSTRATION mode runs through the entire list with a killer animated role call until the game is started! It's the BEST Spiderman game that I have seen on the GENESIS. There are 2 cartridge color versions: RED or BLACK (both of them play the same)! Spiderman has multiple web attacks, which really made this game stand out for me. If you like side-scrolling beat 'em up games, then this one is REALLY worth checking out.
- mimicker144Oct 16, 2009by
One of the best 2D Spiderman games out there.
The game is very hard, especially when you first play it, and there isn't much of a variety in the enemies, but it was fun enough for me to keep coing back for more and more. Beat-em-ups have that affect on me. The game became easier to beat once you learn about the locations of the secret rooms and extra lives.
The hardest part of the game is probably the last 3 levels. The last 2 you just face Carnage, but before that there's a level where you gotta face a swarm of average joes, then 5 bosses, none of which are a walk in the park since they double up on you. The trick to winning is to use the superhero allies you gain by picking up their tokens throughout the game. It's impossible without those. When you face Carnage in the last 2 levels, you lose the luxery of those superheroes. You are just left with spidey and venom.
But when you beat the game for the first time, that feeling of accomplishment washes over you. It was that satisfying for me. It's always good to own a game that can give you that feeling. Plus, you get to play as spiderman and venom. What more could you want?Read full review
- schiggidyNov 04, 2008by
A classic yet mostly unheard of beat em up!
Maximum Carnage is great! Supreme graphics and playability, it's sad that its hardly mentioned these days! Its a blast beating up baddies, wall climbing, and whipping out the webs. The only drawback is that there is no two-player mode. The cut scenes are 100% comic book themed, for a classic feel. There are two different colored cartridges for this game, black and limited edition RED! Get this game!
- jaimegott2012Dec 19, 2012by
very good old and classic videogame
've been looking for this product for a long time. I've been playing videogames since I was a kid and this kind of game is my favourite game. I recommend it to everyone who wants to play it.