Mass Effect 2 (Sony PlayStation 3, 2011)
Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $13.99Trending at $14.97
- $23.99Trending at $24.64
- $19.89Trending at $21.44
- $27.99Trending at $29.95
- $16.99Trending at $28.65
- $34.99Trending at $39.99
- $27.99Trending at $29.97
About this product
- Product InformationThe second release in a planned trilogy from BioWare, but the first entry on the PlayStation 3, Mass Effect 2 is a role-playing game with an outer space, science fiction setting and action-oriented, third-person shooter play. Players resume the role of Commander Shepard, the customizable protagonist of the first game, choosing the hero's gender, appearance, skills, and abilities to match personal preferences and playing styles. Combat is squad-based, as in the original game, and players may choose their teammates from a roster of stealthy assassins, superhumanly strong warriors, and brilliant masters of mystical powers. The game's main quest is seen as a suicide mission, so assembling a team that is not only able but also willing to follow Shepard into the dangerous unknown of deep space remains a role-playing challenge throughout the adventure.
Mass Effect 2's continuing story involves the appearance of a race of insect-like humanoids, which seems to have been abducting entire colonies of humans from the fringes of known space. To investigate this new threat, Shepard works in league with the ruthless Cerberus organization, a powerful and secretive group whose only morality is the survival of the human species, at any cost. Although anyone is free to create a new character and make a fresh start in the game, players who completed the original Mass Effect may use save files to continue their adventures in the sequel, using the same customized version of the hero they led through the first game. Similarly, the outcome of the final mission of Mass Effect 2 may influence players' options as they begin the final game in the trilogy, whether Shepard remains to lead another mission against all odds, or is remembered as a brave warrior who made the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of all humanity.
- PublisherElectronic Arts
- GameMass Effect 2
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- ESRB DescriptorBlood, Drug Reference, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2011
- Game Special Features
- Commander Shepard's adventures continue in dark sequel
- Travel to the fringes of known space to face a new alien threat
- Gritty adventure tests the hero's morality as well as battle skills
- Player's actions and words steer the story and determine the outcome
- Second installment in an epic deep-space trilogy from BioWare
- Commander Shepard's adventures continue in dark sequel
- Game SeriesMass Effect Series
Most relevant reviews
- garci-xywjhgNov 12, 2014by
I love this game and hope they make a 4th installment.
This is an excellent game. The dialog is top notch, and it feels like a huge universe. The game can sometimes suffer on PS3 from frame rate drops. This happens in specific areas where there's a lot of stuff going on or a lot of different textures being used. Also, the load times can be a bit long. I would recommend any PS3 user who plays this to defragment their system after installing the game.
- jdsbazaar2014Oct 21, 2015by
expected more of a shooter than an RPG
it wouldn't be fair for me to review this game because I was looking for a shooter and kind of went based on the cover of the game. it look like a shooter I was wrong. Now I can't give it away I would like to give it away honestly it's my fault that I didn't read so I shouldn't make the retailer suffer for my lax investigation of the game
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- oddsnendsseller...Feb 06, 2012by
Great sci-fi RPG worth trying and completeing...and then repeating :)
I was actually recommended to try this product from one of the great (geeky) guys at GameStop. When I told him that I'd played the Fable series, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Halo, and the Assassin's Creed series, so the guy recommended I play this. I was tentative to try but, I figured it was only $10 and worth a shot. Besides, with GameStop's "you can return a used game within 7 days no questions asked" policy, I figured I would try it out and, if I didn't like it, return it.
Well let me tell you - I tried it out, and I was FLOORED. I loved the interaction between the characters alone, they build the story so much. And the combat is great, working with your team to take down the thugs. I've gone on now to play Mass Effect 2, and have ME3 preordered even. This game has become, by far, my favorite game over all time. And all thanks to a little employee at GameStop - I should send him flowers.Read full review
- 717639204@delet...Oct 27, 2011by
Best RPG Shooter out there very deep game with high replay value!
Mass Effect 2 story is very deep the way you answer each question or respond to people can alter how your missions pan out or how people react towards you the combat is so great you never get bored & IT'S VERY FUN the graphics are top notch you can choose from 6 classes from soldier to sentinel each have their individual powers.You can make your character a ruthless sole survivor from earth or a colonist that got into the military at a young age so you can be a nice guy or a anti-hero type that does what heshe wants this alone gives it replay value so you can explore both sides & see parts of the story you didn't in the other the squad members are great they react to how you speak to them they each have a loyalty mission which if you complete you can gain their loyalty & unlock special abilities Bottom get the game I'm planning on beating the game with all 6 classes on the hardest difficulties this is challenging & funRead full review
- juandelpescadoJan 09, 2011by
Mass Effect 2 may be Game of the Year 2011 check it out
Mass Effect 2 may not have the mad throngs of rabid game buyers lined up like the Call of Duty titles, but it is no less relevant. The mad scientist programmers at Electronic Arts have brought ME2 to the PS3 with more features than any previous editions of the franchise game. The game picks up where the last version left off, even giving a comic book style recap for those new to the story. Some players of the first Mass Effect may not like the way the story picks up, but the writers at EA gave us plenty of new features to make anyone forget the old game.
You will have the opportunity to put together your own team of killers to protect humanity from it's deadliest threat ever. The fighting sequences are stellar, as are the variety of weapons available. You will need to explore the universe (really, you will need to explore a HUGE universe) to assemble the best team to go to battle.
The graphics are stunning, and the game should keep most gamers busy for weeks at least, not a couple days like so many disappointing games in the recent past.
Mass Effect 2 for Playstation 3 is well worth the $59, and may even end up getting the covetted Game of the Year title for 2011.Read full review