Linksys Valet M10 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (M10)
About this product
- Product InformationGet high-speed Internet access with the Cisco Valet M10 wireless N router. With speeds up to Mbps, this Cisco router lets you download large media files, stream HD videos, and more! With this wireless N router, you can easily create a wireless hotspot, and connect your PCs, game consoles, and other devices to the Internet. It is easy for your guests to get Internet access too, thanks to the separate guest network option in this Cisco router. The 4x10/100 Ethernet ports in the Cisco Valet M10 ensure you can share pictures, movies, videos, and other files with your network.
- ModelValet M10
- Wireless TechnologyWireless N
- Wireless Speed300 Mbps
- Port Speed10/100
- ConnectivityWired & Wireless
- Router FunctionalitiesFirewall
- Port Qty4-port Built-In Switch
- Antenna TypeInternal / Integrated Antenna x 1
- LAN Interfaces10/100Base-TX
- WAN Interfaces1 x RJ-45,4 x 10/100M
- Networking InterfacesWired-Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Additional Interfaces1 x RJ-45 Auxiliary Management
- WLAN StandardsIEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- General ProtocolsIP,TCP
Firewall / VPN
- Firewall FeaturesURL Filtering
- VPN EncryptionWPA
- 802.11b Data Rates11 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- 802.11g Data Rates54 Mbps, 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 28 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- Max Transfer Rate1 Mbps
- Networking InterfacesWired-Ethernet (RJ-45)
- LED IndicatorsWLAN (Wireless LAN)
- Height7.8 in.
- Width7.8 in.
- Depth5.16 in.
- Weight1.21 lb
- Form FactorExternal
Most relevant reviews
- charlebal0Dec 29, 2015by
Simple to install. Great for home use.
This is an awesome wireless router for a very small price. I already had one at home and ordered this one for the office. It comes with a USB stick that walks you through the set-up. Just plug it in and follow the on screen instructions. Couldn't be simpler. Set-up took 5 minutes and everything worked perfect right out of the box. Easy peasy.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- armandonickApr 15, 2013by
Cisco-Valet Wireless Router
This is as close to plug and play as a wireless router gets. I was a little apprehensive about purchasing it because there are no product details outside the box. There is also no instruction manual inside but the USB key is prominently displayed. It simply instructs you to plug the USB key into the first computer. An onscreen guide walked me through the set up which consisted of plugging in a few cables. In less than five minutes the Cisco had set up a secure wireless network, a separate guest hotspot and sent me off to insert the USB key in any other computers I wished to connect to the network.
This is the ideal device for the person who just wants their electronics to work and is not interested in details. It is possible to access the configuration screen from the Cisco software or via the IP address but you're paying for the convenience of never having to look under the hood.
At the end of the process they reveal the name of your network and your password but there are no further instructions. I have not had a guest log on but I understand the process is similar to the login at a hotel. They actually have to open their internet browser and enter the password you provide on a welcome screen. A little more detail would have been nice.
The Valet includes 24 hour live tech support which I consider a big plus. The router has various lighted symbols flashing but none of them are marked. I called to find out what they were and had live assistance in less than a minute. The woman was very pleasant but scolded me when I asked about what looks like a power button in the middle. It seems you could lose your set-up if you press the button.
I have purchased many routers and this is by far the quickest and easiest to set up. The connection speed is also very good.Read full review
- mc25510Aug 25, 2012by
Great buy for the money....:)
My internet need became greater and my old wireless router couldn't keep up. After doing some research online i decided to get the valet m10 because it had great reviews. So far it lives up to the hypes. I like that there's no cd installation and the usb cisco connect is fast and painless. No manuel flipping, it does everything for you, just connect it to your computer and follow the directions. Some of the features that i really like on the valet m10 is the option of creating a guest network access point, parental control and most importantly wi-fi all-share. This allows me to use one computer to access all the other devices on my network. One disappointment is that the valet is not as fast as i was expecting, but it could be because i put too much load on it or my internet service. I run 2 laptops, 1 dvd player, 1 x-box and sometimes my phone with no buffering, lagging or interrupted download/loading lapse. I only ever use the cisco brand and i'm always satisfied with their product's performance, durability and pricing. I had my old router for about 5-6 years with no problem, hope this one last me even longer. In all great product for an affordable price.Read full review
- jkels1981Jun 11, 2012by
A great all pourpose router id reccomend to anyone
I think the cisco valet is a very underrated router in todays market. I am a highspeed internet sales person (optimum/cablevision) and my car is always full of wireless routers i have purchased for my customers to use. I have used everything from netgear n600 to belkin. Of all the routers i have access to the one in my house is the valet. I have 2 smart phones 2 laptops and a printer connected and it has worked fast, long range, and flawlessly. It was easy to configure with the plug in and go usb key and it is a very stylish, nice looking 300 mbps router. The value for the money cant be beat!!
- legit_wirelessMay 04, 2012by
User friendly Easy to use.
Wasn't very impressed with this model for what I use my internet for. But is really easy to use and set up Cisco makes it very easy with all your software on a usb dongle. Very eligant and sleek desigh.