Linksys E3200 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router
About this product
- Product InformationThe Linksys E3200 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router couples speed with reliability to deliver the best home wireless router on the market. Stream movies on one device, game on another, and keep updated with social media at the same time without buffering, slow load times, or other common wireless headaches. With a 300 Mbps download and a dual-band system that doubles your bandwidth, it handles all of your household needs and then some, no matter how you use the Internet. The modern antenna and proprietary Speed Boost technology improves household coverage no matter the layout, giving you the same speed in the living room as you have in the bedroom. For the best in wireless Internet, look no further than this device.
- Wireless TechnologyWireless N
- Wireless Speed300 Mbps
- Port SpeedGigabit
- USB for File SharingYes
- Router FunctionalitiesDHCP Server,Firewall,VPN Pass-Thru,Voice over IP Gateway (VoIP)
- Port Qty4-port Built-In Switch
- Antenna TypeInternal / Integrated Antenna x 6
- LAN Interfaces10/100/1000M
- WAN Interfaces1 x 10/100/1000M,1 x RJ-45
- Additional Interfaces1 x RJ-45 Auxiliary Management,1 x USB
- WLAN StandardsIEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- General ProtocolsDHCP
- Data Link ProtocolsGigabit Ethernet
Firewall / VPN
- Firewall FeaturesMAC Address Filtering,NAT,Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- VPN EncryptionWPA
- 802.11a Data Rates54 Mbps, 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 18 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 6 Mbps
- 802.11b Data Rates11 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- 802.11g Data Rates54 Mbps, 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 28 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps
- SecurityWEP,WPA,WPA2,Wireless MAC Address Filtering
- LED IndicatorsPower
- Additional FeaturesDMZ Support,MIMO Supported,SpeedBooster
- Height6.69 in.
- Width0.98 in.
- Depth7.48 in.
- Weight0.48 lb
- Cabling TypeEthernet
Most relevant reviews
- neelysirenMar 29, 2016by
Good speed and easy setup
I saw where many couldn't set it up with the supplied CD and so I just went in and set it up manually. I didn't try the CD setup feature so I can't comment on how it is to use . It is just lake any other router out there and I found it easy to set up manually. It has much better speed than my old D link, including streaming video, and it is also dual frequency which I am not using yet but now can if need be. It also has an input for a shared external drive which I may consider to save files. I now use the cloud but I like the idea of the shared drive with 3 computers in the house. It's range is very good. I have it at the back of the house and I can walk back over a hundred yards and still have a decent signal.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- slimcaoAug 07, 2014by
Fine router that can run Tomato software
Bought this router because it is compatible to run Tomato (similar to dd-wrt code, but Tomato supports 5ghz band as well as 2.4ghz). It works well with Tomato software. Certainly havent used all the functionality in the software though as Im currently just using it as a standard wireless router running an FTP server off of the USB port. Havent had any issues, other than 5ghz doesnt travel as well as 2.4, but that's going to be common with the wireless band on any router.
- javasimprogMar 05, 2016by
Great Router for the price.
Excellent router for the price. Newer ones have come out but this is still a good performer especially if loaded with Tomato Firmware. Tomato runs much faster than the stock Cisco Firmware.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- mixedtechSep 05, 2012by
Not happy with this item at all!
I have lots of IT certifications and over 20 yrs experience and this is one of the worst wireless APs I have seen. I have tested it on the 5 and 2.4ghz bands and used DD-WRT firmware playing with all the options and versions and installed the Antenna mods to boost signal. Just inches from my laptop I only get 3 or 4 bars of signal on the 2.4 band and because my tv and other items in the house need 2.4ghz frequency, I thought this would help since it has MIMO. Through one wall (drywall between studs with no wiring, metal, etc) I get very low signal and dropped connections. My netgear N150 gets full bars of signal through 4 walls. I purchased the e3200 based on linksys history and in hopes of using the modified firmware to get SNMP monitoring, DHCP option 150, and other things, but the E-series is also lacking in many good old features. It runs terribly hot and is vented from the bottom which defies explanation since heat rises. It IS NOT wall mountable and it is too lightweight to hold itself on a shelf with wires attached. Just an awful product that had no quality control testing at all. I recommend staying away from all the linksys E series. I gave this a 3 on reliability because I threw this device around like a dog's chew toy and it still boots up and runs - but without actually providing functionality I need then that is little or no help!Read full review
- bozo34point5Sep 05, 2012by
Simple, easy setup with top security and flawless operation!
I bought this router after reading reviews for routers and found it highly rated. The reviews were correct as it is a very good router for wireless as well as wired internet access. I use it both ways in my home network and the other computers and devices that log into the system do so seamlessly as I never can tell if another computer is online through a data slow down or delay. It was extremely easy to install and setup and works flawlessly.