Leica D-LUX 3 10.0 MP Digital Camera - Black
About this product
- Product InformationEvery picture taken with the LEICA D-LUX 3 has a story to tell. The unique manual setting options give you the freedom to create images that express your own style. Use the high-quality Leica lens to take stunning shots from the wide-angle to the telephoto range. With O.I.S. optical stabilization technology and ultra fast processing, the LEICA D-LUX 3 sets new standards in its class. Choose between 3 picture formats, achieve first-class image quality with the camera's 10-million megapixel sensor and assess your shots on the wide-screen display. Small and elegant, the LEICA D-LUX 3 is always ready to make your personal view of the world reality.
- Product Features
- Carefree spontaneous photographs
The automatic scene recognition feature means great 'no preparation' shots. Depending on the subject, it selects the appropriate settings for macro, landscape, portrait, or night portrait, as well as moving pictures in film mode. The MEGA O.I.S. image stabilization system also provides added reliability. There need be no more shaky pictures. The new large sensor with 10.1 million effective pixels and the optimized processor guarantee excellent picture quality.
- Powerful zoom lens
As you would expect from a Leica, substance has not been forsaken merely for style. The powerful zoom lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 1:2.8-5.9/4.4-22 ASPH delivers brilliant pictures with true-to-life color reproduction. You can capture the full scope of the city, life, friends, and unforgettable moments. The large focusing range - from 25mm to 125 mm (both 35mm format) - and the 5x optical zoom significantly expand the capabilities of the LEICA C-LUX 3.
- Easy to Use
Anyone can use the LEICA C-LUX from the very start. To change between capture and viewing mode, you just flick a switch. An extra knob lets you choose between photo and film mode. The large, readable lines make the clear menu structure easy to understand. The automatic face recognition system automatically adjusts focus and exposure to the faces in the scene. Now portraits and group photos come out even better.
- Carefree spontaneous photographs
- MPN18 303
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom4x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution10.0 MP
- Screen Size2.8"
- Sensor Size1/1.65"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range5cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera28 - 112mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max400
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.6 m - 4.1 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Flash +/- Compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMultiMediaCard,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth1 in.
- Height2.3 in.
- Width4.2 in.
- Weight6.5 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.8" - color
- Display Size2.8"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatQuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG,RAW
- Additional Features720p HD Movie Recording,Auto White Balance,Autofocus,Exposure Compensation,Image Stabilization,Self Timer
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBaby1,Baby2,Candle,Fireworks,Food,High sensitivity,Landscape,Night portrait,Night scene,Party/indoor,Portrait mode,Self-portrait,Snow,Soft skin,Sports mode,Starry sky
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Cool,Sepia,Warm
Most relevant reviews
- ckcklaMar 12, 2010by
best compact camera ever, A+++++++++++++
Big camera feature and quality in small camera,
I had panasonic version but it's different,
Leica have far more quality picture ability..
Must buy for early adopters.
- daysofloveMay 12, 2011by
Worth Every Penny
Outstanding camera. Much better purchase as a used item. The newer models are much more expensive and not much better by comparison.
- pathnakSep 06, 2010by
Leica, Sometimes more expensive is NOT better.
It is a nice camera, but does not justify the price even for the low price you pay on e-bay, My newer sony which I bought cheaper brand new takes better pictures in the low light. Leica is definitely better in day light use. Also the battery drains out so fast that you need to carry extra 1 or two with you, as without warning the low battery light starts blinking, especially if you are using the flash, even a little bit. You are paying for the name as I did.
- outdoor.imagesJun 16, 2012by
I've taken superb photos, printed 13x19, a great RAW portable camera.
Yes, Leica is expensive. However, for the size and the year this camera was made, the quality of the camera, the features and the quality of the images are all superb. Note that there are newer models of this same camera, the D-Lux 4 and 5, each incrementally better.
First, the images. The lens is Leica. The lens has some chromatic aberrations, or color fringing on the edges of highlights. However, the amount is much less than other cameras of the same age and size. This is part of the higher price and the aberrations can be fixed moderately well in photo software. The images can be printed to sizes as large as 13 x 19 (I have not printed larger). The images can be taken in RAW and JPEG formats. As the price indicates, the RAW format is also what sets this camera apart from similar sizes of the same age.
The case is metal with some plastic parts, which contributors to sturdiness. The lens is large with a large f/stop allowing for more light and better low light photography without a flash. The controls are intuitive and the key changes are easy to use when taking photos.
The camera is slow to focus by today's standards and the JPEG processing in the camera in not as good as others in its class. However, Leica does adjust JPEGs for the specific lens. This camera is meant for shooting in RAW and post processing in computer software which it still does very well even at the time of this writing. The format used is Adobe RAW, the same as the newer models and a standard in the photo industry.
If you are looking for a compact RAW camera on a budget, this used model is well worth checking out. The most important part of any digital camera is the quality of the lens and the quality of the sensor recording the light. This fits both bills.Read full review
- stefankanieckiDec 14, 2015Verified purchase - USEDby
small ,sharp,simply leica