More items related to this product
Best Selling in LEGO Complete Sets & Packs
Save on LEGO Complete Sets & Packs
- $375.00Trending at $435.00
- $680.00Trending at $862.84
- $279.99Trending at $289.00
- $285.00Trending at $288.00
- $39.99Trending at $48.99
- $29.99Trending at $41.44
- $97.99Trending at $144.80
About this product
- Product InformationThe LEGO Mindstorms NXT is a programmable toy robot set with a smart microcomputer brick and intuitive software, enabling it to act like a real robot. The LEGO Mindstorms set boasts three interactive servo motors and light, sound, and touch sensors, allowing you to guide your robot’s movements with precision. The programmable toy robot comes with 18 fun building and programming challenges. With the 519 elements of this LEGO Mindstorms NXT, you can create four wonderful robots in no time. You get multiple connectivity options with the 4 input ports, 3 output ports, USB 2.0 port and Bluetooth support of the LEGO Mindstorms set. The interface of the LEGO Mindstorms NXT is compatible with both PC and Mac, and can be operated with supreme ease.
- SeriesMindstorms NXT
- Recommended Age10+
- TypeBricks,Parts & Pieces
- Number of Pieces519 pieces
- Model TypeRobots/Droids
Most relevant reviews
- ourtwojoysJan 23, 2013by
Great product if you have an honest seller!
Unfortunately the set came without the proper CD and no USB computer hook-up, as well as many many missing technic pieces. Auction statement said minty, appears complete, and tested and works perfectly. I was wondering how she could test it without the right CD and no USB cable. Even after she said if I would agree to an insurance claim, she would refund some money for me to buy the missing pieces, and she would send a missing piece. I told her no, and filled a case against her. Ebay took less that 72 hours to rule in her favor. So I have a $190.00 robot and no way to use it. Bummer ebaby.
- jmbowers54Feb 13, 2012by
They are learning more because they WANT to do more
The strength of LEGO Mindstorm is seen in the regional, state, and national level competitions that have evolved on middle school, high school, and college. These are “extra-curricular” in nature showing the raw drawing power of the mind for mechanical, programming, and tasked-based imagination activities. Problem solving is a critical tool that enables success in any field that learning minds explore. The “fun” part is the learning is happening without the “did you do your homework?” The individual WANTS to learn and it is reinforced by friends that also are interested in activities based on HANDS ON LEARNING. Parents or grandparents becoming involved with their son or daughter in this type of extra-curricular activity is providing their child with quality-time that will be remembered from one generation to the next. It is not limited by “my body is getting to old to play.” My only regret is this robot based problem solving tool wasn’t available thirty plus years ago when I was in the classroom. Read full review
- 13750053@delete...Nov 20, 2008by
Excellent way to learn science and technology
I love the fact that with Lego Mindstorms you can create all sorts of robots. It's easy to use by young and old, and also that it's not limited to te software and electronic hardware included in the kit (you can make homebrew sensors or use high level languages to program it). It's been programmed by children as young as 8 years old to graduate students. Its price is a little on the expensive side but well worth it since it's a pretty robust embedded system (32 bit microcontoller, servo motors, I2C communication protocol, Bluetooth and so much more top of the line hardware).
- mattallen37Mar 10, 2009by
Very good and educational.
The software is really easy to use for the most part. The NXT brick has really good response time, and does NOT lose firmware when the batteries are removed. I love how well the motors work, but they are sort of bulky. The sensors also work good. There is also a nice amount of technic pieces included. Overall, it is a very good set, and well worth the money. I have learned a lot, and now I want a second one.
- padberg87Jan 05, 2009by
Lego Mindstorms NXT
The Lego Mindstorms NXT is the greatest product! It can be used as a toy for a young child or as learning tool for high school, college, and beyond. The easy drag and drop programming that comes with this robotics system is very easy to use even for a child. For the more advanced users, like college students, there is a programming language called "not exactly C" written specifically for Mindstorms NXT. If you are even more advanced, like and electrical engineer, one can easily find the data needed to design your own sensors or input devices. Since it is based on the Lego Technic pieces, you can just snap a project together quickly. It is a great robotics product fit for all ages!