Top Selling in Camcorders
Great Prices on Camcorders
- $389.99Trending at $622.63
- $529.95Trending at $729.99
- $184.99Trending at $199.99
- $44.99Trending at $73.29
- $269.00Trending at $357.98
- $101.18Trending at $109.93
- $68.11Trending at $74.68
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product Features
- Show them what you're made of - in HD
Take the plunge with the waterproof digital video camera capable of shooting up to 10 feet under water. Go anywhere - rugged design enables full 1080p HD video recording in just about any environment. Start bragging with amazing 5-megapixel, 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures.
- Make a colorful statement
The Kodak PLAYSPORT video camera was designed with you in mind, right down to the colors it comes in. Kodak took cues from the environment - from nature, to climate, to the adrenaline rush it provides - and transformed it into attention-grabbing colors that help you stand out from the crowd.
- Don't let sun glare ruin your recording
Simply use your camera settings to turn on the LCD glare shield feature. LCD glare shield feature gives you two filters to choose from that help you see your subject on the display screen in reflective outdoor situations. These filters are only applied to your display screen, not your footage, so everything you record will look as great as the moment you shot it.
- Smooth, stable, and always able
Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in electronic image stabilization. Accidents happen - luckily the PLAYSPORT isn't afraid of a little fall, it can take it. Capture your friends in all their glory with smart face tracking technology. See more details and accurate colors with incredible low-light performance.
- Share your rebellious side
Debut videos in the palm of your hand with the vivid, high-contrast 2.0-inch color LCD. There's always room for more - record up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot. Catch the highlights with slow motion playback right in the palm of your hand.
- Ready for the big screen - right out of the box
Complimentary HDMI cable lets your videos debut in full glory. Never miss a moment thanks to the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with in-camera charging. It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC - the Kodak PLAYSPORT is compatible with both.
- Show them what you're made of - in HD
- Family LineKodak PlaySport
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical ZoomNone
- Digital Zoom4X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution5.0 MP
- Screen Size2"
- Weight4.52 Oz.
- Focal Length Range5.54mm
- Focus AdjustmentFocus Free
- Exposure ModesAutomatic
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size128 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2" - color
- Display Size2"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.4 or later,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerKodak KLIC 7004
- Effective Still Resolution5.0 MP
- Additional FeaturesWater Resistant,YouTube Capture Mode
- Underwater UseYes
- High Definition Video Support1080p
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- White BalanceAutomatic
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- elyaguecoAug 08, 2011by
Best buy, IF you are going to use it where a better camcorder may get wet
The best thing about this cam is the nice video quality under water. Although battery life is short, you can buy inexpensive replacement batteries ($5) to get going, not like the ZX5 that has an internal-not removable one. Battery life is one hour. The picture quality degrades with zoom (digital zoom only), as well as in low light conditions. The LCD is hard to see when in direct sunlight and underwater.
If you are going to use it at the beach, pool, water park or for snorkeling, is a best buy for the price. (Bought mine new for $90). For everything else I use my Sony camcorder because of the low-light handling, zoom and more features.
I would recommend a wide angle len.
- bidipoJan 23, 2012by
Buy the Zx3 for great fun in water and on land. Don't pick the Zx5.
This is my third Playsport Zx3 purchase.
The Zx3 is superior to the Zx5 because of the removable battery. Extra batteries and a battery charger and a remote are all available for this camera. The supplied charger works with the battery while in the camera.
The other model, the Zx5, has a macro setting as it's only advantage, which most people would seldom use anyway. The Zx3 does close up pretty well as it is. But the Zx5 has no removable battery, which was a bad move by Kodak since having an extra battery or two is great when you're out filming on a trip or event. Get the Zx3.
Battery is good for an hour or two of total record time depending on how much you use the view screen whle not recording, and the power rating on the battery("mAh" number relates to how long it lasts). Some aftermarket batteries last a little shorter, some longer - read the mAh number rating when choosing what's better for you. The battery model is a KLIC-7004, but comes in different mAh.
The sound sometimes takes awhile to clear up when coming out of water, and the camera is designed as for light use and shallow submersion underwater. It's great around the pool or in bad weather like that snow sled excusion but if your actually diving you may want to choose something more heavy duty.
There is several settings. Video and Camera. The 5MP Still pictures are mediocre. There is no light or flash - so it does decent pictures for a video camera, but bring the regular camera along if you want nice pictures.
There is something to be said about the video options - other cameras may have the 1080 HD @ 30FPS (frames per second) like this one, but only 30FPS @ 720 as well. The Zx3 has a 60FPS @ 720HD setting, and sometimes the 720 HD @ 60 FPS actually makes better movies. There is no simple formula (like using the 60 FPS for action) - some of my action videos actually came out better at 1080 @ 30FPS - typically, the lower resolution seems more vivid and smooth, but it is a lower resolution, and you may find yourself using the 1080 setting most of the time.
I also recommend purchasing the Square Trade warranty if available.Read full review
- 2d3a82e4b2946c3...Sep 03, 2011by
Fantastic, fun video camera
This is a fantastic little video and still camera which is easy to use and carry in your pocket. It is great fun to film underwater (it is waterproof down to 10 ft) and the quality of the footage no matter above or below water is excellent. It's only fault is how quickly the battery is depleted shooting1080p HD video. Nothing carrying a spare battery can't solve, though.
- majinikeharaAug 21, 2011by
Overall a great product! I won it for $55, so GREAT VALUE.
LIke many before me, I shall give you my opinions on the Zx3.
First off, I wanted this because it was lightweight, waterproof, and shot in 1080p video. Now that I have it, I hardly put it in 1080p mode because the 720p (60fps) is much better for what I use it for. I tend to take video of moving objects, mainly my kids, or sporting events.
1. High Def video in two forms, and very good in bright light.
2. Water resistant
3. Small form factor
4. Pretty good LCD screen Display
5. As small (or smaller) than my cell phone.
6. HDMI out (cord included)
1. Digital zoom (as with most if not all Dig. Zooms) is nearly worthless.
2. 4 way toggle buttons are a little small (even for my small stubby fingers).
3. Mediocre low light capability<br>4. 1080p video is 30fps and seemingly choppy when shooting fast moving objects.Read full review
- wtaz66Jul 07, 2012by
kodak always makes a great product and this is no exception.
Super easy to use, fits in my pocket, holds up to 32 mb memory card. Reasonably priced I even bought one for my husband and he found it easy to operate.