All listings for this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $272.89Trending at $399.90
- $388.00Trending at $399.00
- $1,599.95Trending at $1,619.99
- $335.00Trending at $412.47
- $1,199.95Trending at $1,234.99
- $50.48Trending at $56.60
- $470.90Trending at $524.99
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesThe GR-DA30 will change the look and feel for DV camcorders forever with it's user friendly design featuring the 2.4" V Slide (vertical sliding) LCD. The V Slide conveniently adjusts your viewing angle. Plus, the GR-DA30 also boasts 30x optical zoom, 800x digital zoom, stick control for easy operation, NightAlive, 3D NR, 115 minute data battery and more. The GR-DA30 uses MiniDV tapes with an Everio feel.
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom30X
- Digital Zoom800X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Resolution0.7 MP
- Screen Size2.4"
- Weight13.02 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Sensor Size1/6"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range2.3mm - 69mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size27 mm
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure MeteringMatrix,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Manual,Program
- Flash TypeNone
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth4.61 in.
- Height3.03 in.
- Width2.8 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationSliding
- Display Size2.4"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),1 x composite video/audio output
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerJVC BN-VF808
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.3 MP
- Digital Video FormatDV
- Additional Features16:9 Widescreen Mode,Auto Gain Control,Backlight Compensation,Built-In Speaker
- Webcam CapabilityYes
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
Most relevant reviews
- fernando_fotogr...Jul 18, 2011by
As a tape player she is very good. Great cost benefit ratio.
- Why did you buy. I bought this camera to use as a tape player for editing. - What do you like most about him. The camera has a beautiful design. it is small. The battery life is good. You can also use the camera connected to power. With good lighting the picture is excellent for an amateur camera. With daylight their images are very good. The night. I recommend its use in environments with at least 100w (allogeneic) or 25W (Fluorescent) minimum. - What do you dislike about it. The firewire connection is back from the LCD. To access it you need to move up the LCD. The firewire connector is poorly located. While using the LCD is in an uncomfortable position, the LCD does not allow a very large movement. The zoom has two speeds, 1 and 2 Too slow, too fast. - Whether or not you would buy the product again. As a tape player she is very good. I recommend its purchase. great cost benefit ratio. Read full review
- turtles0452Jun 20, 2012by
Awesome product..Great value for the money...
This is the third JVC camcorder I have purchased. I really love it. It is so easy to use. I tape alot of family events, especially with my grandchildren and parents. The quality of my videos are excellent.We can connect it to our VHS or DVD recorder and make copies, or just watch them on the tv. Comparing this to other camcorders, I would buy JVC again, and recommend it for anyone who wants a great value.
- larric1Dec 05, 2009by
Great starter camcorder!
For the money, this is a great starter camcorder! It is feature-rich and easy to use. I bought it as a gift for a friend, and have assisted him in learning to use it so can speak to its performance. The video quality is good but not great. My Sony DCR-HC52 provides sharper images, but cost about 30% more. The JVC is easy to use, the LCD viewing screen (no viewfinder) is remarkably visible in daylight so no hassle taking those great shots outdoors in sun. The JVC features include an "end finder" feature so if you've rewound and viewed your partial tape, you can easily tell the camera to locate the precise frame from which to continue taping. This is a feature not found on all camcorders, and it is VERY handy! I definitely recommend this camcorder for starter camera, or for a decent quality travel memories investment. Read full review
- blazinmarieMay 06, 2009by
The JVC GRDA30US is a good camcorder. It is very user friendly with easy to use controles. The LCD screen is clear and makes holding te camcorder a breeze. On the down side if your a person who likes to tape yourself it is hard focus with out being able to see what your looking at. But then again you can always us a tripod. All in all it is a good camcorder for the money just make sure you have a computer with firewire plugins if your going to use it to upload videos.
- michael11_73Jun 01, 2009by
JVC GR DA30US
This product was actually purchased as a replacement for a previous model of the same brand (JVC). It has a very intuitive layout with controls being actually in front of you below the display so you can make changes while watching through the screen to see the changes as opposed to having stopping and using controls embedded in the side of the camera with a flip out style display. This particular camcorder was refurbished, and I must say that I could not see any tell tell signs of prior use. It looked completely new with the exception of the sticker that stated it was refurbished. Had it not had the refurbished sticker, I would have never known, I would have thought it was new. Now for the sliding display, I know that it is shown as a feature of being able to see it from high and low positions while recording. My flip out style camcorder actually has more range of motion because the display rotates. So, as far as the display is concerned, I just think it's a little bit of a "new and cool style" that is not actually as useful as the flip out type, but it is very clear and crisp and very easy to see even in daylight. Now, one thing to consider that I did not think about before I purchased. The main difference to me now that I have both, the rear sliding display and the flip style display is that the flip style display is protected when closed and the sliding display is always open to damage if not protected somehow. I cut a screen protector to fit the display for scratch protection. I am not sure if there is any kind of cover that is available for this model but it would have been nice to have included a form of protecting the screen when not in use. All in all, this is a very functional camera, recording quality is excellent, and the size is perfect in the hand, and is not too cumbersome to carry for long periods of time. I am surprised at the quality for the price. I would recommend it. Read full review