Iron Man DVD, 2008, 2-Disc Set, Ultimate Edition
About this product
- Display Format:2-disc set; Ultimate Edition
Most relevant reviews
- crescent_bubbleApr 25, 2014by
Lovely DVD - especially the case! The gallery menu is a bit slow, but otherwise great quality.
Cannot get over the case design. Seriously worth buying the Ultimate Edition, just for that.
- sell-n-soldSep 04, 2010by
thuK! ... thuK! ... thuK! I AM IRON MAN
Robert Downing Jr. let's us know of his endurance in fighting his long time love/hate companion .... intoxication... 'cept this flick is seriously crispy showing our super-hero as another silver spoon fed brat of excesses, just try'n to get outta putting in an honest day's work, and resolve his poisoned blood due to his glowing chestpiece ... but with all the perks! The Col.Buddie is a different Negro this time...& not nearly as fun, nor smart...and after he puts mega-babe Potts in charge of running the company....well...so much for any company being involved anymore...it's just me, Iron Shithead, against anything...bring it on....enter Micky Roark....one bad ass muthafukah you simply don't mess with....unless you're Tony Stark with 'the football'(a suitcase he stands upon & turns into I.S.) .... oh...crap.....sorry y'all ...I thought I was reviewing IronMan 2 ... watch them consecutively, 1 - 2
Joe Bob would've said, "Check'em out!"Read full review
- selluntoothersJan 21, 2010by
Beneath the armor lies a man of iron.
This is the best movie-retelling of any comic book so far. Some reasons why...
- STORY - Although I wasn't in to Iron Man comics as much as others, the movie does seem to have a fairly good mix of the original story, directorial creativity, and updated additions.
- CHARACTERS - Each character gets an appropriate amount of screen time. Other movies often ruin this.
- GRAPHICS - The graphics looked real and matched live shots. Favreau made sure of this.
- ACTION - Plenty of action throughout movie. Very few lulls and areas that did not progress the story (and those were short). In part due to the matching graphics, there are close-ups of the suit and its intricate mechanics both in action and not. Favreau also left enough for sequels. Too many movies try to give everything away all at once. Let's face it, people will continue seeing comic book movies, so plan for many sequels!
I could keep going but this is a simple review. Watch this movie!
My friend (Lee Shapiro - imdb.com & batman-on-film.com) and I thought of some interesting taglines for Iron Man. We submitted these to Favreau but never saw them used, although my blog response was specifically deleted (hmmmmm...).
1. Beneath the armor lies a man of iron.
2. The mind of a man.
The strength of a machine.
The heart of a hero.Read full review
- batkenNov 02, 2008by
Iron Man (2008, DVD) - 2-Disc Edition
Out of all the summer's genre offerings, Iron Man was the best of the bunch. Most people I spoke to liked both The Dark Knight and Iron Man have the opinion that the Batman epic was better. I disagree. I found Robert Downey Jr. a most engaging Tony Stark (Iron Man's alter ego) and I began to really like the character more so than Bruce Wayne (Batman's identity). But I agree that both were amazing. The bonus DVD in the two disc set was well done, with a making of documentary and Robert Downey Jr's screen test as a highlight for me. Disc One has the deleted scenes that most enjoy with any DVD purchased or rented. Try to obtain the hard to get 2 Disc version with the Iron Man comic book packaged within it. The comic was exclusive to Walmart stores and only had a limited amount available to each outlet. It expounds on the movie's ending, and done really well. I stayed in the theater and after all the credits, there was a bonus one minute or so hint to a future Marvel movie based on the Avengers with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. The Avengers is Marvel's version of DC's Justice League which features Iron Man as a key team member. Check this out on the DVD as well. All in all, superhero fan or not, you will enjoy this movie.Read full review
- 530774418@delet...May 29, 2009by
A Top-Notch story line with fantastic photography.....
WoW!! What an awesome adventure that definitively captures the true essence of the original story line that I've been following, faithfully, through the years, by reading all of those great comic books with my favorite character, Iron Man! I'd say they've done it! They've really done it man! Through tremendous dedication and insurmountable effort,and a very big budget, they've finally found the right combination of producing a movie that shows the viewers that it can be done right. I applaud the producers and directors and all the writers who have collaborated together and have given us a great movie. I can't wait for Iron Man II.