More items related to this product
Top Selling in Solid State Drives
Great Prices on Solid State Drives
- $136.99Trending at $145.00
- $275.00Trending at $304.53
- $599.00Trending at $624.99
- $382.00Trending at $425.99
- $300.00Trending at $317.99
- $117.99Trending at $123.60
- $79.99Trending at $92.98
About this product
- Product DescriptionThis Intel 240 GB solid-state drive is part of the Intel 520 Series. The performance specs for this internal solid-state drive includes a drive transfer rate of 600 MBps and an internal data rate of 550 MBps (read) and 520 MBps (write). Additionally, the interface used on this Intel 240 GB solid-state drive is a Serial ATA-600 and the compatible bays is 2.5 inches by 1/8H. The Intel 520 Series of solid-state drives are compatible with Windows 7. The dimensions on this internal solid-state drive are 2.8 inches in width by 3.9 inches in depth by 0.4 inches in height and the weight is 2.8 oz. The minimum operating temperature for this Intel 240 GB solid-state drive is 32 degrees F and the maximum operating temperature is 158 degrees F with a humidity range of 5 degrees to 95 degrees and the non-operating temperatures are between -67 degrees F and 203 degrees F. Furthermore, the mean time between failures on this internal solid-state drive is 1,200,000 hours.
- Model520 Series
- Hard Drive TypeSSD
- InterfaceSATA III
- External Data Transfer Rate550Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Height0.38 in.
- Width2.756 in.
- Depth3.937 in.
- Weight0.172 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- pjrocksnstuffDec 02, 2012by
Reduce Server Costs With Intel 520 Series 240 GB SSD
The Intel 520 Series 240 GB SSD is an awesome medium-sized Solid State Drive. You can't say "Disk Drive" anymore because it is entirely Solid State with no spinning disk platters. I am using these drives in the CriKit MicroServers and the CriKit Desktop Private Cloud. In my testing, these drives perform in real life situations at about the equivalent of 3 spinning drives. Server performance was nearly triple from using these drives. From testing, just using these drives means I can use fewer servers to achieve the same user load and performance. What that means is overall lower cost, fewer servers, better performance and lowered electrical consumption. The combination of these Intel Drives and MicroServers is a substantial win for those interested in multi-server, desktop computing.
- sophos42Aug 30, 2012by
I wanted a reliable ssd and Intel 520 is the one, 5 years warranty!
1. EXTREMELY FAST
3. EASY MIGRATION FROM OLD HARD DRIVE
4. YOU SHOULD INSTALL INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY
5. 5 YEARS WARRANTY - WHICH MAKES IT THE PERFECT CHOICE
6. SATA II COMPATIBLE
7. WORKS GREAT WITH A SECOND SATA HDD 7200 BLACK CAVIAR, NO DELAY ISSUES DUE TO RAID
8. PRICE WORTH IT
- ufo8529Jan 01, 2013by
fast speed !
just wanna upgrade my 2 year laptop computer,
hear from my friend about how fast is the SSD drive,
so buy one from the ebay
fast speed than 7200 rpm HDD, good SSD drive
highly recommend ppl change to ssd if u hv enough $$$$$
- stampy1111Dec 04, 2012by
If you can get this product for under $200, buy it!
It has enhanced the overall experience of my laptop. Programs are called up instantly with seemingless lag time. I experienced the same sensation as moving from dial up to broadband.
- palddlNov 10, 2012by
i like this product , very fast HDD , recommended for all
i like this product , very fast HDD , recommended for all if you need to have a powerful computer to have extremely performance .