I Can Make You Thin : The Revolutionary System Used by More Than 3 Million People by Paul McKenna (2008, Hardcover / Mixed Media)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America (2002, Paperback)
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $25.10Trending at $29.95
- $63.90Trending at $120.57
- $18.25Trending at $19.34
- $36.84Trending at $69.12
- $31.18Trending at $56.05
- $32.07Trending at $34.50
- $64.99Trending at $84.09
About this product
- SynopsisDiets Don't Work. This Does. Thanks to Paul McKenna's revolutionary book and CD set, millions of people have watched the pounds melt away. And they did it effortlessly, without counting calories, coping with food restrictions, or fighting cravings. That's why it's already an international blockbuster that sold over one million copies in the UK, where it topped the bestseller list for three years running. McKenna's system is so successful because it's not a diet; instead, he uses the latest psychological techniques to transform the way you think about food. No wonder this popular TLC host has a roster of celebrity clients! This innovative book and CD set shows you how to: - Speed up your metabolism - Stop self-sabotage - Defeat cravings and eat less--without feeling like you're missing out - Feel totally confident. The combination of reading and listening will change your attitude--and allow you to take control of your diet--and reach your goal.,Paul McKenna, PhD, is the most popular nonfiction author in the UK and his television shows have been watched by millions of people in 42 countries around the world. He has worked with Hollywood movie stars, Olympic gold medalists, rock stars, business leaders, and royalty. Now it's your turn! As you learn McKenna's amazing system, the cutting-edge psychological techniques will help you start to lose weight right away. There are no diet plans, no exercise programs, and best of all, no willpower is required. You can use this revolutionary weight-loss system again and again as McKenna works with you to easily re-pattern your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs about food, your body, and yourself. To inspire and help remind you of the system's simple key principles, the book also includes an easy-to-use wallet card. Book jacket.
- AuthorPaul McKenna
- Number Of Pages176 pages
- FormatHardcover / Mixed Media
- Publication Date2008-12-30
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co., Inc.
- Width5.5 In.
- Length8.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberRM222.2.M436 2009
- Dewey Decimal613.25019
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- dawnf1473Jun 02, 2011by
Great book! Awesome ideas! It's working for me!
I've tried different diets to lose weight. Sometimes with a little success sometimes with more frustration than anything. All those diets were never something I was truly excited about. As with any weight loss program, it has to make sense to you in order for you to succeed. This book teaches you how to rethink how you look at food and yourself. He gives you ways to overcome things like emotional eating and with having to finish everything on your plate like so many of us have been taught to do. I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I am more conscious of what I want to eat and clues from my body on when to eat, what to eat and when to stop.
- parish017tnvNov 10, 2011by
Excellent and Easy!
I love all of the Paul McKenna products. I find them very effective. I have recommended them to several friends - including one who is a certified psychologist and hypotherapist. She likes them as well. His "I Can Make You Happy" is another product I own and I have found it to be very helpful when I feel discouraged or down.
- poshyhummerJan 29, 2009by
Paul is right on. Diet's are our enemy. They are a permanent solution for only a small percentage of the population. Why? Because weight is far more than what you are eating, it's more about what is prompting you to eat. It has to do with your stress level, your suppressed emotions, your self-esteem, and how you feel about your body.
The guidelines and information Paul gives you in his book are not new, but they are presented in a logical easy to follow format. They are designed to help you begin to focus on your eating habits. He gives you guidelines to help you recognize when you are eating because you need nutrition and when your hunger feeling is prompted by your emotions. He has also included a hypnosis CD. And YES, hypnosis does work. Why? Because it's the quickest and most effective way to access your subconscious mind where you can find and resolve the reasons behind your overeating.Read full review
- carcuddlesNov 12, 2011by
I love this book. It makes you really aware of every time you eat and why you are eating. The questions pops into your head, Why am I eating this?, do I really need to eat so soon after a meal?, am I really still hungry?, what is really bothering me?. I love the cd, the voice is very soothing and I think it helps the process. My mother had this book but wouldnt part with it so I had to buy my own copy.
- cw3770May 07, 2012by
Just read it and try it for 1 month..youl be amazed!
I loved the book...It makes so much sense. I saw it at Barnes and Noble, wanted it but could not justify the price at the time.Then saw it on ebay..great price..bought it, loved it and I have to say it was worth 10 times what I paid for it. After years of dieting I am losing weight eating what I want. Carolyn