Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $16.50Trending at $17.98
- $125.00Trending at $149.00
- $16.99Trending at $20.99
- $26.00Trending at $28.74
- $13.12Trending at $13.36
- $12.00Trending at $14.49
- $24.96Trending at $28.24
About this product
- SynopsisA "New York Times"-bestselling author continues her series about the extraordinary Huxtable family with this third book. A scandal sends Duncan Pennethorne back home where his attempt to woo Margaret Huxtable proves more difficult than he thinks. Original.,Only desperation could bring Duncan Pennethorne, the infamous Earl of Sheringford, back home after the spectacular scandal that had shocked even the jaded ton. Forced to wed in fifteen days or be cut off without a penny, Duncan chooses the one woman in London in frantic need of a husband. A lie to an old flame forces Margaret Huxtable to accept the irresistible stranger's offer. But once she discovers who he really is, it's too late-she's already betrothed to the wickedly sensual rakehell. Quickly she issues an ultimatum: If Duncan wants her, he must woo her. And as passion slowly ignites, two people marrying for all the wrong reasons are discovering the joys of seduction-and awaiting the exquisite pleasure of what comes after..,Step into a world of scandal, intrigue, and enthralling passion as New York Times bestselling author Mary Balogh sweeps us into the lives of an extraordinary family: the Huxtables. Margaret, the eldest, embarks on the most risque adventure of her life and agrees to marry the most notorious man in London . Only desperation could bring Duncan Pennethorne, the infamous Earl of Sheringford, back home after the spectacular scandal that had shocked even the jaded ton . Forced to wed in fifteen days or be cut off without a penny, Duncan chooses the one woman in London in frantic need of a husband. A lie to an old flame forces Margaret Huxtable to accept the irresistible stranger s offer. But once she discovers who he really is, it s too late she s already betrothed to the wickedly sensual rakehell. Quickly she issues an ultimatum: If Duncan wants her, he must woo her. And as passion slowly ignites, two people marrying for all the wrong reasons are discovering the joys of seduction and awaiting the exquisite pleasure of what comes after ."
- AuthorMary Balogh
- Number Of Pages416 pages
- SeriesHuxtable Quintent
- Publication Date2009-04-28
- PublisherRandom House Publishing Group
- Series Volume Number3
- Weight7.5 Oz
- Height1.1 In.
- Width4.2 In.
- Length6.9 In.
- Dewey Decimal823.914
- Dewey Edition22
- Reviews"Sparkling with sharp wit, lively repartee, and delicious sensuality, the emotionally rewardingAt Last Comes Lovemetes out both justice and compassion." Library Journal, starred review
Most relevant reviews
- nyvagenealogyMay 06, 2009by
at last comes love by mary balogh
BACK OF BOOK SAYS:
ONLY DESPERATION could bring duncan pennethorne, the infamous earl of sheringford back home after the spectacular scandal that had shocked even the jaded ton. forced to wed in 15 days or be cut off without a penny, duncan chooses the one woman in london in frantic need of a husband. a lie to an old flame forces margaret huxtable to accept the irresistible strangers offer. but once she discoveres who he really is, it's too late she is already bethrothed to the wickedly sensusal rakeshell.
romantic times gave this book 4.5 stars. they said the extraordinary huxtable family returns as eldest dau. margaret makes her journey to find an unexpected love. not only does balogh create remarkable cahracters and unique situations that are intelligent, realistic and memoriable the emotional dept of her novel is unsurpassed.
what i want to know is, did we read the same book?
Ok, i do own most if not all of balogh's books, my favorites are the bedwyns.
so tell me you haven't heard this one...
hero or heroine must marry within a specific time frame or be dis inherited?
and i will also confess that i skipped about 50 pages in the middle because the lady DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH. i was so tired of her saying, "i havent' said yes, yet!"
the ending was definately unique, and interesting.
the beginning was good too.
but i will have you know, that the 4th book in this series, stephen's for some reason will be issued in HARDCOVER. so i'll wait until it comes out in paperback.Read full review
- bocum99May 05, 2010by
At last comes love
Balogh always writes exciting passionate tales. This is one book of a series, It is a story of 3 women and a brother and their attempts to find marry for love. I truly enjoy her writing and always look forward to her books. A must read for historical regency buffs. Writers should buy the entire series , it makes the tale even more interesting
- scavohighJun 21, 2009by
EXCELLENT AUTHOR WHO I HAVE READ IN THE PAST. I DECIDED TO BUY HER NEXT SERIES BASED ON HOW MUCH I ENJOYED HER LAST ONE. IT WAS EXCELLENT AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.