Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Great Prices on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $289.99Trending at $319.94
- $189.99Trending at $204.99
- $184.99Trending at $199.99
- $214.99Trending at $220.98
- $264.99Trending at $299.00
- $209.99Trending at $239.85
- $294.99Trending at $304.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe HTC Radar 4G Smartphone has a 3.8-inch multi-touch screen and runs on the Windows operating system. It is powered by a 1 GHz processor and includes a 5 MP camera and 8 GB internal memory. This Smartphone offers Bluetooth, GPS, and Internet browser features. Supporting the latest 4G networks, the phone allows quick downloading of apps and seamless streaming of the online content.
- Family LineHTC Radar
- Storage Capacity8GB
- Network Generation2G,3G
- Network TechnologyGSM,UMTS
- BandGSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) UMTS 1700/2100
- Camera Resolution5.0MP
- ConnectivityBluetooth,Micro USB
- Battery Capacity1520 mAh
- Display TechnologyLCD display
- Screen Size3.8"
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.74 in.
- Depth0.43 in.
- Width2.42 in.
Most relevant reviews
- tanjensungDec 03, 2015by
Top-notch build, slick operating system despite lacking advanced features, best for first time buyers
The HTC Radar 4G has a top-notch build, sporting a stylish, all-white aluminum design that is comfortable to hold. The display is crisp, with a front-facing camera that enables video calls, HD camcorder with autofocus along with a five mega pixel camera. Unfortunately, the video sharing process is painstaking and recording could use improvement.
Call quality is excellent, with a loud speakerphone and effective contact integration. Wi-Fi calling is unavailable, unlike most Windows Phones. Despite having a powerful internal battery, this may be discouraging to those who prefer a detachable battery. The device has 8GB storage without an SD card port, implying that the memory is not expandable.
First-time buyers who are upgrading or those seeking alternatives to Android and iOS will appreciate Windows Phone Mango’s (7.5) slick responsiveness interface, consistently smooth performance, clear text, fantastic keyboard, and a great browser. Hackers and more advanced users, however, may be less fond of the limited skinning and customization options.
Browser is great and text looks clear
Windows Phone Mango
HD camcorder with auto-focus
Front-facing camera enables video calls.
Good battery life
Excellent call quality
Stylish, all-white aluminum design
Comfortable to hold
Limited skinning and customization
No Wi-Fi calling
Video recording could be better
No microSD card slot
Dislike Android or iOS
HackersRead full review
Verified purchase: No
- gaude.pauSep 09, 2016by
Great phone! Solid, simple, compact.
Arrived quickly in excellent condition. As advertised.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- daddygonzo75Dec 15, 2013by
Above average low end smartphone
I needed a replacement phone for my son after he lost his. This little HTC seems to do the trick. I purchased a refurbished HTC Radar on ebay in excellent condition. Although I am an android fan, Windows mobile seems to be a bit less buggy than androids. I haven't noticed the same kind of lagging, screen flickering and forced closed messages that I've experienced even with high end android phones. I consider this phone to be above par compared to other low end smartphones in its price range. It has a front facing camera but at 0.3 MP you can't expect too much. The processor is descent. My son is an xbox fan so syncing his phone with activities on xbox is another benefit. Overall my son seems to like it. If Windows mobile increases the app market I may consider one in the future.
- suebob34Jun 30, 2013by
A nice value and size for a traditional smart phone. Windows--great!
I purchased this as a replacement for Samsung Galaxy S. My frustrations with the Galaxy S were responsiveness and freezing up. So far, I really enjoy the Windows user interface; it is very smooth and easy to add and delete items. One tning I don't like so far is the user interface. I may have to making some adjustments so it's not as big a factor.
The size and feel of this phone are great. Very substantial and more metal than plastic. The screen is smaller--as compared with some of the newer phones--but it has great clarity. I am enjoying the variety of ringtones as well; a nice switch.
- mavenbaySep 17, 2012by
best phone ever - AND accepts custom ringtones !
The manual makes no mention of custom ringtones, so let me first provide this most useful info:
This process has worked for me - I'm sure there are other methods that work, but the write-ups I found on the net are absurdly long and absurdly convoluted.
requirements for an audio file to be a ringtone:
mp3 or wma
Playing time must be under 40 seconds
Size must be under 1 mg
Genre must be "ringtone"
1) You'll need to have on your computer a program or programs which allows you to shorten an audio file and change its bitrate. There are many programs that do this, and many are free. I use "Power Audio Cutter."
2) If this is your first time making ringtones, create a folder called "Ringtones" inside your Zune synch folder.
3) Identify an mp3 or wma on your computer that you wish to convert into a ringtone.
4) Create a version of that file which is 39 seconds long. You might also need to reduce bitrate, to make the ringtone file under 1 mg. You might have to experiment with bitrates, in order to get as close to 1 mg as possible without going over.
5) Save/move the created file into your ringtones folder.
6) Right-click on the file, properties, then click on "Details" tab. Change genre to Ringtone. With Windows 7, just start typing ringtone, and that genre pops up automatically.
7) Sync to your phone.
8) Go to ringtones on your phone, and you'll see that your custom ringtones are at the top of the list. Select your new ringtone!
This phone is:
elegant on the outside too
I previously had a Motorola (android), and this is SO much better! The sleek interface is light years beyond any other phone I've ever used, including iphone!
Only negative so far, is that there's no quick/simple way to designate a song to be a ringtone. But see my instructions above for creating custom ringtones. Also note that the phone's memory is only 8gb (6.5 usable), which is fine for me, but might not be enough for some folks.
Regarding apps, I'm not much into apps, so there's more than enough for me. Certainly all basic apps are available. How many apps does a person need? Personally, I don't have time for games. If you're concerned about app availability, look at the website for Windows Phone Store before purchasing.
Copying existing music and pictures from a computer onto this phone is easy.
I'm really shocked at how great this phone is, and also shocked that Windows Phones aren't more popular.Read full review