HP TouchPad FB359UA 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - Glossy Black
About this product
- Product InformationThe HP Touchpad 32GB tablet is packed with special features. The 9.7-inch backlit screen displays images in 768 X 1024 pixel resolution. Powered by a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor, the tablet offers connectivity options through Wi-Fi, USB, and Bluetooth. The built-in 1.3MP front camera snaps images with a 1280 X 1024 pixel resolution. The tablet, enclosed in a glossy black case, features a color screen, file browsing, LCD display, and an MP3 player. The Android 4.4 X KitKat operating system allows you to execute a variety of applications with ease, as well as a fast browsing experience. Storage capacity is a robust 32 GB.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Family LineTouchPad
- Display Size9.7in (24.64 cm)
- Storage Capacity32GB
- Operating SystemWebOS
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesAAC,AAC Plus,AMR,DOC,DOCX,GIF,H.263,H.264,HTM,HTML,MP3,MPEG-4,PDF,PPT,PPTX,QCELP,TXT,WAV,XLS,XLSX,eAAC+
- Exterior ColorGlossy Black
- Processor ManufacturerQualcomm
- Processor TypeDual Core
- Processor Speed1.2GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechTFT Active Matrix LCD with LED Backlit
- Display Max. Resolution1024 x 768
- Display Color Support18-bit (262K Colors)
- Graphic ProcessorQualcomm Adreno 220
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Rear Camera Resolution1.3 megapixel
- Front Camera Resolution1.3 megapixel
- Installed RAM1GB
Connections and Expandability
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Expansion PortsUSB 2.0
- PC InterfaceWi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,WLAN 802.11a,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm),Microphone,Stereo Input Jack
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Line Out,Sound card,Speaker(s)
- Height9.45in (24 cm)
- Width7.48in (19 cm)
- Depth0.54in (1.37 cm)
- Weight1.63lb (0.74 kg)
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
- Battery Run TimeUp to 5.25 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodCamera,Touch-Screen,Touchpad
- Release DateQ3/2011
- Special FeaturesBluetooth,Built-In Front Camera,Email,MPEG-4 Video Player,Web Browser
Most relevant reviews
- baylloydOct 30, 2013by
What if it was further developed? Greatly innovative, wonderful device.
I bought it because I have a HP Pre 3 and I love webOS. It could've been the best OS ever. This tablet lacks apps. Reading ebooks isn't impossible but requires a bit of patience. Multitasking is gorgeous, fluid, intuitive: the best one ever made. User Interface looks splendid. Broswer is quite old due to webOS have being killed two years ago and some sites may not support it partially or completely, but for now this isn't a problem, I've not met such issues yet. Screen isn't full HD (720p in 9.7") and you can see the difference between this one and iPad's. It weighs a lot compared to any other tablet and it's slightly thicker, but it's not a problem for me. There's no rear camera (only a 1.3 MP front one), but once again I don't care. Synergy, messaging and notifications are greatly organized and simple to manage and use; mail client is the best ever made for tablets so far thanks to its innovative way of displaying mails and to webOS cardview multitasking: I can say it's the best app for TouchPad.
If you already love webOS and/or want to try something different from Android and iPad, it won't disappoint you. If not, don't buy it.Read full review
- fuzi888redFeb 11, 2014by
a must have
great product, easy to use, less than half the cost of the competition, the only downside is lack of apps
- clyde2801Oct 30, 2013by
Older hardware with great capabilities at an unbeatable price.
Bought this as a good starter tablet for my teenaged son. It came with a preexisting hacked dual boot of android in addition to web os.
Price was unbeatable, especially considering the capabilities of this tablet. It gives him an opportunity to experience two mobile operating systems and ensures I won't have a massive coronary if he drops it tomorrow.
The hardware is starting to show it's age...relatively small RAM and a dual core GPU in today's age of tablets with quad core processors and 2gb of ram. But it is sufficient for most basic tasks. Battery life was average. It's also a relative brick compared to today's models, and it's display is almost atari pixelated compared to today's offerings.
But it still can be obtained at roughly 1/2 of what a 2013 nexus 7 costs. If you're scraping pennies and want to try tablet computing, this is the best place to start.Read full review
- jokari42May 14, 2013by
Very pleased and highly recommend
I have been doing a lot of research on tablets looking for one both affordable and with capabilities to suit my needs. The HP TouchPad had exceeding my expectations. WebOS operating system is very easy to use and understand. My only regret is that the number of apps available are very limited. Though this did not stop me from purchasing this product. I have always been very pleased with HP products and this is no exception!
- basiesJun 05, 2013by
I bought the HP Tablet because of the product reviews I read, it compares very well next to all the other tablets on the market at the time I bought this product. The screen colors are vibrant, battery life is 7.5 hours, it loads information quickly, and is easy to use once you download the manual. If you have previously used a tablet it will be a breeze! I am very happy with my purchase!