More items related to this product
Top Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Great Prices on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $115.00Trending at $119.99
- $329.00Trending at $344.00
- $269.99Trending at $299.98
- $226.99Trending at $251.43
- $339.99Trending at $350.00
- $415.05Trending at $449.00
- $289.74Trending at $304.78
About this product
- Product InformationThe HP TouchPad is a feature-rich, 9.7-inch tablet PC that keeps you entertained and also allows you to be productive on-the-go. This HP tablet PC allows you to print wirelessly to supporting HP printers on a local Wi-Fi network. The HP TouchPad works on the webOS that lets you multitask seamlessly between multiple applications and activities. With built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, this HP tablet PC allows you to surf the internet wirelessly. With the 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core APQ8060 processor inside, this 9.7-inch tablet PC allows smooth computing as well as optimizes the graphics to bring alive your games and movies.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Product LineTouchPad
- Display Size9.7in (24.64 cm)
- Storage Capacity16GB
- Operating SystemWebOS
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesAAC,AAC Plus,AMR,MP3,MPEG-4,QCELP,WAV,eAAC+
- Exterior ColorGloss Black
- Processor ManufacturerQualcomm
- Processor TypeDual Core
- Processor Speed1.2GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechTFT Active Matrix LCD with LED Backlit
- Resolution1024 x 768
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Front Camera Resolution1.3 megapixel
- Installed RAM1GB
Connections and Expandability
- Expansion PortsUSB,USB 2.0
- PC InterfaceBluetooth,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,WLAN 802.11a,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm),Stereo Input Jack
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Speaker(s)
- Height24 cm (9.45")
- Width19 cm (7.48")
- Depth1.37 cm (0.54")
- Weight0.74 Kg (1.63 lb.)
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodTouch-Screen
- Special FeaturesBluetooth,Built-in Front Camera,Integrated Speakers,Media Player,Touch Screen
Most relevant reviews
- rte270804Aug 29, 2012by
Brilliant product. Would highly recommend.
I had convinced myself that I needed a tablet. One Desktop, one Notebook, one Netbook and an iPhone apparently was not enough for me! But what one do I buy? Naturally my first choice was what just about everyone else hankers after, yes the Apple iPad. But then I sat back and took some time to think about it. Did I really need the iPad and what alternatives were out there. So after a bit of research I came across the HP Touchpad. Its kind of been forgetten about, HP themselves pulled out the market after a very short period of time. Do you know what though. In my opinion its a well engineered piece of kit. Its got a brilliant screen, terrific sound thanks to beats audio and the webOS operating system is pretty good too. The real beauty though is that this tablet can be configured to run Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) as its operating system (OS). Android is installed alongside webOS so this allows you to choose what OS you want to use at the start. Sure, Android is not officially supported so there are some bugs but to be honest since installing Android I have only booted into webOS once or twice. Using the Android system and the Google Play store I have installed BBC iPlayer and the Kindle reading app. This adds a whole new dimension to it as it can now be used to watch catchup TV and read my books via Kindle. Comparing it to my friends iPad its almost pretty similar in size however the HP Touchpad is heavier than the iPad. I hope this review helps. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would have no problems in recommending it at all.Read full review
- st_and_lmFeb 02, 2012by
The Touchpad could have been a great tablet if WebOs had been developed.
I love this tablet, soon as you pick it up youll notice how heavy it is which say to me, quality. The touchpad runs WebOs which looks and feels brilliant but WebOs has very few apps and is now defunct, but you can install android cyanogenmod 2.3.7 if you want , which I must say runs fantastic on the 1.2ghz processor. The screen look bright and clear and the sound from the stereo speaker is unbelievable. The front facing camera, I must say is absolute rubbish, enough said there. Battery life is about 8 hours for hard use, which I found to be pretty good.
The touchpad isn't quite as slick as an ipad2 but it comes very close. Its such a shame HP has mothballed WebOs but the good news is CyanogenMod have nearly finished developing Ice Cream Sandwich to run on the Touchpad. If you buy a Touchpad you wont be disappointed.Read full review
- antoniosheilaJan 10, 2012by
Excellent product with only one minor issue
Excellent product, however, in comparison with its competitor (iPad) I think HO missed a trick by not incorporating a reverse camera also (The iPad has front and rear cameras). I use the Touchpad for skype and networking, so occasionally I would like to show the other party an item or view, but this is not possible on the Touchpad. Overall, excellent speed and features, extremely easy to use, very happy with it, and apart from the second camera issue, I would recommend.
- babus123Apr 02, 2013by
Get the one with the Android OS, for the price its great
Wanted a 10 inch table to watch films, search the web, play games. The Android community has an OS for the HP which opens up Google Play and the 1000s of apps on it. VLC to watch films, the Android browser, all my email accounts, sync with GMail/Account, Adobe for publications easy to read on the big screen, streams off the home WiFi system, fluid, responsive and, did I mention, a 10 inch screen. May not be full on quad core, but then its a third of the price. Very happy with it
- marke367Dec 09, 2011by
HP Touchpad - buy one.
I bought the Touchpad after HP reduced the price. Great value for money for the size of the screen and the features. I know that several companies are in the process of getting it to run on Android and once it does it will rival the ipad.
The best speakers of any handheld pad out there. Very clear screen, easy to use. What can I say - buy one.