All listings for this product
Best Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Save on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $219.95Trending at $234.99
- $208.95Trending at $234.99
- $189.95Trending at $199.95
- $36.44Trending at $40.49
About this product
- Product InformationLooking absolutely stylish and sleek, the HP Slate 500 Tablet PC feels just great in your hands. Topped with an 8.9 inch multi-touch screen, this HP tablet PC enables smoother operation with brilliant visuals. Powered by Intel Atom Z540 1.86 GHz processor, this HP 8.9 inch tablet offers speedy processing and faster multi-tasking capabilities. A built-in Wi-Fi connectivity in this HP tablet PC allows you to stay connected to the Internet no matter where you are, with faster data speeds. Make use of the rear-facing 3.0 MP camera on this HP 8.9 inch tablet to shoot quick on-the-go memories, or use its front VGA camera to indulge in video calling with friends and family. Also, you can take advantage of the built-in Bluetooth and USB 2.0 port on the HP Slate 500 to connect external devices and transfer necessary files with ease.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Family LineSlate
- Display Size8.9in (22.61 cm)
- Storage Capacity64GB
- Operating SystemWindows
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturerIntel
- Processor TypeAtom
- Processor Speed1.86GHz
- Bus Speed533MHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechWSVGA
- Display Max. Resolution1024 x 768
- Graphic ProcessorIntel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 500
- Touch Screen TechnologyWide Viewing Angle
- Rear Camera Resolution3 megapixel
- Front Camera Resolution0.3 megapixel
- Installed Cache Memory512 KB
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Installed RAM2GB
Connections and Expandability
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN
- ExpandabilityDocking Station/Port Replicator,SD Card Slot,SDHC Card Slot
- Expansion PortsUSB 2.0
- PC InterfaceWi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputIntegrated Microphone,Stereo Input Jack
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Line Out,Speaker(s)
- Height5.9in (15 cm)
- Width9.2in (23.4 cm)
- Depth0.6in (1.47 cm)
- Weight1.5lb (0.68 kg)
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
- Battery Run TimeUp to 5 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodCamera,Digital Pen,Digitizer,Keyboard,Touch-Screen
- Release Date10/2010
- Special FeaturesBluetooth
Most relevant reviews
- signguy72Jan 05, 2013by
Nice little tablet!
Don't try to put windows 8 on this unit, it is not very compatible...not great on the touch features. This unit works best with win7. Overall is a great product with many features not found on apple ipad. Had a problem getting skype to work with front facing camera also, not sure if there is a fix for it. A good buy for 350.00 or less!
- piage147May 09, 2012by
This is what a professionnal Slate should be!
Excellent product. I'm typing on it now. It's heavy compared to a IPad but much more capable, especially for International travellers who won't have access to a "cloud". HP Slate is 100% more effective for business application to include 1 USB internal, 2 more and a HDMI port with a "cradle". It's Windows based so any applications you use on a PC you use here. No learning curve needed. The touchpad keyboard can be re-sized. Makes it easy to type with fingers. Not sure if it would be worth $1800 MSRP, but it's certainly worth 1/2 that on EBay.
- ldschnobrichFeb 01, 2012by
Great compact slate for the money with loads of data storage.
This is a nice little slate. We needed something we could view photos on after we took them when we went scuba diving. It was difficult to look at what we took on the actual camera. So, we purchased this item because of the amount of storage and the size of the screen as well as the convenience of the internet and the actual computer size itself. Small compact and convenient this fits nicely in the carryon luggage or camera bag we carry our land camera in. I love it. We also lost use of our regular laptops and until we purchased a new one, we used this one. The touch screen is a little touchy but so is the touchscreen on my IPhone 4. Nothing new with touchscreen technology. All in all, we love the convenience size and quality of the slate. A great buy since IPADs are so much more for so little data storage. Read full review
- 985652419@delet...May 29, 2011by
Awesome, Great and recommended.
The Product is great, but it is slower than what I have expected, I thought may it will work with Windows 7 Professional as any laptop, but it doesn't. Compare to other tablets in the market, I prefer to use the Slate as since day one and I'm not using my laptop at all. The Slate needs more enhancements and I would like to mention that the CPU needs to be totally changed from the ATOM to Core i, also to add the micro sim bay for 3G connection.
- dvlpr30062Mar 26, 2011by
HP Slate 500 - I am very satisfied.
I am very satisfied - does everything I need and more. I am a IT coder / developer by profession and have been very happy with the HP Slate 500. Pros: Unlike the iPad that others have bought, the Slate 500 has a full file structure system that I can utilize. The Slate 500 has one (1) USB port on the tablet itself and two (2) more on the docking station. The Slate 500 has an "SD Card" slot for quick storage expansion and transfer of data / files. The Slate 500 runs a full Windows 7 Professional and I have loaded Office Professional for productivity benefits. I utilize the OneNote and HP Digital pen to take notes in meetings and then convert to Word or other applications afterwards - no extra legal pads laying around anymore. I utilize the on screen key-board for most of my other uses like internet, web mail, quick word documents, etc, but when I need to do some serious keying, I bought a "rubberized roll-up" USB keyboard ($20 at Micro-Center) I plug in. I plan on loading my development tools and utilize it as a traveling development computer rather than the laptop. The Slate 500 has touch screen enlarge and reduce similar to other tablets. It comes with front and rear facing cameras still and video. I have loaded skype just like on my old laptop for video conferencing. With 2GB of RAM and 64GB of Solid State Disc storage, I have not yet found anything I can not do with the Slate 500. I am very happy. Cons: Sturggling here but I guess it would have been nice to have two (2) USB ports on the table itself. Maybe a dual core processor would have been nice. And if I really want to be picky, maybe 4 or 8 GB of RAM, but I have not found a need for that yet. Other notes: After loading Office Professional, I still have 40 GB plus of ssd storage. However, I have purchased several 32 GB SD cards and plan on one for personal, one for business, one for development, etc. That way I save the ssd storage. Read full review