Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationWhether you have to print, copy, scan, or fax, you can use the Officejet J6480. With a print speed up to 31 ppm for black and 25 ppm for color, this HP digital photo printer can satisfy all your voluminous business printing needs. With a print resolution of 1200 dpi, the Officejet J6480 gives you amazing prints, whether black or color. With an automated dual-sided printing, this HP all-in-one printer saves you paper as well as time of reversing the sides. The 250-sheet input tray of this HP digital photo printer saves you from loading paper time and again. Now print pics even without a PC by inserting memory cards in this HP all-in-one printer's slots.
- ModelOfficeJet J6480
- Printer TypeAll-In-One Printer
- Output TypeColor
- Black print speed up to31ppm
- Max Resolution (BW)1200 x 1200 dpi
- Color print speed up to25 ppm
- Max Resolution (Color)4800 x 1200 dpi
- Extend Printer TechnologyInkjet
- Computer Operating SystemApple MacOS X 10.3.9,Apple MacOS X 10.4,Microsoft Windows 2000,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows Vista x64,Microsoft Windows XP Home,Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64,Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Monthly Duty Volume5000 Pages
- InterfaceUSB 2.0,Wireless
- Form FactorDesktop
- Duplex PrintoutStandard
- Memory Card CompatibilityCompact Flash Type I,Compact Flash Type II,Memory Stick,Memory Stick Pro,Multimedia Card,Secure Digital (SD),xD Picture Card
- Media TypeBrochures,Cards,Envelopes,Greeting Cards,Index Cards,Inkjet Paper,Labels,Photo Paper,Plain Paper,Transparencies
- Media Capacity250 Sheets
- Networking TypeWireless Network Adapter
- Data Link ProtocolEthernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,Wireless Ethernet
- Max. Memory64 MB
- Scanner ShapeFlatbed Scanner
- Scanner Resolution4800 x 4800 dpi
- Fax Features SupportedSpeed Dial
- Fax Speed33.6 kbps
- Modem TypeFax / Modem
- Width18.74 in.
- Depth18.62 in.
- Height10.16 in.
- Weight16.87 lb.
- PanelMonochrome LCD
Most relevant reviews
- gara42Jun 01, 2016by
Everything is good except the color cartridge indicator. Ink indicator of the color cartridge reflects a (?) sign instead of the ink lever or available left.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- smartt1234Apr 13, 2009by
Good, but not great
The printer is made very well and all the hardware is very good, but I can't say the same about the software. 3 months later, and it still isn't working how I wanted it to, but it is working. The software has a hard time communicating with the printer, and wouldn't work from any other program except the HP Solution Center. I couldn't get anything to communicate with it via ethernet, although the IP was up and said it was working. I ended up having to install drivers from another HP model printer (Office Jet Pro 8500 Series). I am very computer literate, and spent probly around 6 hours or more on the phone or chating with HP. They couldn't get it to work no matter what they tried either. I'd still buy the printer, because it has so many great features and is fast (but extremely loud). The print quality is great, and the duplexer works good. The scanner is also very good, and the document feeder is a nice addition, as well as the faxer. The software people from HP just need to get with it. Read full review
- 139a14870f68b9d...Jun 06, 2009by
HP SCANNER DRIVER PROBLEMS
SCANNER WILL NOT WORK I bought this unit mainly because of the two sided printing feature and the scanning capability. As a printer, copier, and fax machine it works great, it is a little slow but very quiet printer. There is one big problem with all these HP printers and that is they have a great deal of trouble with the scanner portion of the unit, working with the Vista operating system. It appears that HP has some serious issues with the compatibility of their printers when it comes to Vista. I still have been unable to make the scanner function work even after downloading all the "fixes" from HP. I have to say that had I known this was going to be so much trouble, I never would have purchased it in the first place.
- traderjoe0_0Feb 08, 2009by
HP J6480 Evaluation
Over the years I have used numerous HP printer products, from the early Deskjet B/W series to newer all-in-one products. I have always liked the way they perform but the cost of ink cartridges caused me to utilize Cannon more often than HP. My last Cannon purchased was an F50 multifunction which I absolutely loved...cheap ink and very good quality for its generation. Since it finally quit working and I no longer have any of my previous Epson or HP printers I began the search for a wireless multifunction. The J6480 met the requirements. It was well packaged and came with installation CD, USB cable, power supply, and phone cable for FAX. Software installation was straight forward although very bloated; over 200 MB of drivers and utilities. Wireless setup and operation was also straight forward with no surprises. It only required connecting the USB port to a computer that was on the wireless network during one phase of the installation. Setup instructions were quite clear. The printer went out over the network and gathered all information required for wireless operation and when it was complete, requested you to disconnect the USB port. Installation took about a half hour to complete for each computer that has access to the printer. After installation, the computers came up recognizing the printer and operated flawlessly. I have not printed photos with it yet but text and color pictures are excellent. I never turn it off and print from three different computers. It performs at satisfactory speed for my use and the double sided printing capability seems to work well. I especially like the way the FAX will automatically detect an incoming FAX, and even if voices come over the line during a FAX, it will recieve the FAX just fine. This is handy if your voice mail message answers when a sending machine wants to start the FAX. The greeting can be playing while the sending machine starts the FAX and the J6480 will recognize it and receive the FAX without error. There is a very significant issue that is being resolved by HP at the moment. When I installed the HP software I started receiving Device IO and HPqste08.exe End Program errors when turning off my computers. Additionally, when starting WORD or EXCEL by clicking on a file (rather than through the Start Window) it would take about 2 minutes to start the program and load the file rather than the typical 2 seconds it normally takes. HP gave me instructions to disable all HP printer programs from the Startup file in the System Configuration Window and these problems disappeared. They gave me instructions to correct this by loading their most recent installation software but I haven't tried it yet. As mentioned at the beginning of this, cost of ink was a key concern in choosing a printer. So far I have not emptied my ink cartridges. They seem to be holding up much better than an Epson 6300 I have borrowed and recently been using. Read full review
- wannabdancing-2...Nov 27, 2012by
Not good with windows 7...sucks!
I have had a lot of Windows 7 compatibility problems with this printer. It gives false paper jams and sometimes prints 5 sheets of coded garbage before printing the requested print. Sometimes the requested print is only about an eighth of the page and it quits. I fixed this problem twice but it seems that every time windows updates I have to research the problem and attack it from a different avenue. I am so fed up with this that I am considering trashing this expensive printer and getting a different one. It really upsets me when HP won't fix a problem that this printer has had since day one. I wish I had never bought this piece of junk and I intend on never buying an HP product again because of this experience. I would not recommend this printer or HP for any product because of their lack of concern to fix a software problem that has been there since day one. Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Printers
Save on Printers
- $227.95Trending at $399.00
- $459.98Trending at $537.88
- $598.99Trending at $708.95
- $54.99Trending at $58.90
- $76.99Trending at $79.98
- $89.00Trending at $114.48
- $829.95Trending at $850.00