HGST Deskstar 7K500 500GB,Internal,7200RPM,3.5" (0A31613) HDD
Top Selling in Internal Hard Disk Drives
Great Prices on Internal Hard Disk Drives
- $101.99Trending at $104.99
- $74.99Trending at $112.00
- $139.00Trending at $147.83
- $91.98Trending at $94.88
- $229.90Trending at $234.38
- $139.99Trending at $164.00
- $172.00Trending at $234.49
About this product
- Product DescriptionThe Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 is the first 500 GB hard drive available in both SATA and PATA interfaces for faster data transfers, meaning quicker boot times. It's also designed to be used for streaming video and music, with Smooth Stream technology that minimizes data errors from the 500 GB internal hard drive. In terms of space, the 500 GB in the Hitachi Deskstar hard drive can hold 125,000 MP3 songs or 56 hours of high-quality video. It also is specially designed to combat the effects of temperature, with a low-power mode when data is in RAM, and a temperature controller to protect user's important data on the Hitachi Deskstar 7K500. The 7,200 RPM speed of the platters is not as fast as some other hard drives, but still writes quickly for the Hitachi Deskstar hard drive. That's especially important for users who plan on copying music and videos on this 500 GB internal hard drive. For buyers considering it for use as a network device, to run graphics-intensive games or as a part of a multimedia workstation, the Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 offers a number of worthwhile features.
- Product Features
- Smooth Stream technology
Smooth Stream technology improved performance for A/V storage application.
- ECC and CRC protection
Data integrity enhanced throughout circuits.
- Low-power mode
Reduces system heat/cooling requirements.
- Load/unload ramp
Load/unload ramp protects user data when power is removed.
- Internal thermal sensor
Internal thermal sensor improves data integrity.
- Smooth Stream technology
- ModelDeskstar 7K500
- Buffer Size8MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed7200RPM
- InterfaceDMA/ATA-133 (Ultra)
- DesignationDesktop Computer
- External Data Transfer Rate133Mbps
- Internal Data Transfer Rate102.13 Mbit/s
- Form Factor3.5"
- Seek Time8.5 ms
- Sound Emission31 dB
- Height1 in.
- Width4 in.
- Depth5.75 in.
- Weight1.54 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- skorps123Jul 13, 2016by
Dead HDD, Supposedly "NEW"
HDDs are supposed to emit at least a little heat when they are working. What I was given was a non-working HDD.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mikies-uncleMar 31, 2015by
it let me down & hard drive crashed! lost everything on it $800.00 for data
I had one of these hard drives for a few years & didn't use it much & then one day it just died!! & lost all my music videos & pics & quite a bit of Karaoke music! there is definitely better brands than this but still OK
- kentmu42Jan 09, 2014by
Older Tech still works! Nice Value.
These are old Mac IDE/PATA drives that work fine. They run a bit warm but are perfect for extra storage or hardware specific uses such as a DVR that requires IDE/PATA interface.
- nt2552Jun 06, 2011by
Hitachi deskstar Hard Drive "HDS725050KLAT80" good price in quality product
I bought this Hitachi deskstar Hard Drive for the purpose of recovery the lose data, but the model diferrent from the old one,then it could not replace it any more. How ever,it works great in economic price.
Remark: The hard drive works in normal but it did not display the new hard drive in "my computer". we could solve it because it have to be format before !!!.
- chaszim1lw2May 05, 2010by
Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 HDS725050KLAT80
Of the available drives I've purchased through eBay, the Hitachi Deskstar series, have been most reliable in application v/s the price. I've seldom found a failure, in even used drive I've purchased.
Their 5400rpm speed to throughput, allow them to do reasonably well even at multimedia applications that demand speed. I'm sure others will argue that their drives are better, but, what else can I say except the Hitachi drive series offers "The best bang for the buck."