More items related to this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $324.99Trending at $360.00
- $467.93Trending at $505.99
- $329.99Trending at $379.00
- $794.95Trending at $998.00
- $399.99Trending at $497.99
- $199.00Trending at $229.00
- $999.99Trending at $1,159.98
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesWanting to add a second GoPro camera to your quiver for filming two angles at once?Already got enough mounts to accomplish your mounting needs and just want a second camera at a reduced cost?No problem...that's what the Wide HERO is for.Shoot 56 minutes of high-resolution video and 5 megapixel photos automatically in "Photo every 2 seconds" mode. Use as a hand held camera, too. Shockproof and waterproof to 100 feet/30 meters.The Wide HERO is the same camera and quick-release housing that is included with the Motorsports HERO Wide and the Helmet HERO Wide cameras. It comes with one quick-release buckle for attaching to your existing GoPro mounts, but the Wide HERO does not come with any mounts aside from the single quick-release buckle.It's designed to be a lower-cost second camera that you can use with your existing GoPro mounts, making it easier for you to film from multiple angles at once. Now you can wear one GoPro camera on your helmet looking forwards and mount your second camera on your handlebars or skis looking back at you. Edit between the two views and, voilà, Hollywood-style multi-camera edits possible in your own action sports movies.
- ModelWide Hero
- Family LineGoPro HERO
- Optical ZoomNone
- Digital ZoomNone
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card,SD
- Weight4.7 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Focus AdjustmentFocus Free
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size16 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Depth1.26 in.
- Height1.77 in.
- Width2.28 in.
- Display TypeWith LCD Screen
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.2 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows ME,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Max Video Resolutin512 x 384
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesInterval Shooting Mode,Still Shot Capability
- Underwater UseYes
- Continuous Shooting Speed30 frames per second
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- chofdhFeb 05, 2012by
great small camera for extreme helmetcams
The HD Motorsports HERO is the HD HERO model developed for motorcyclists, autosports enthusiasts, and other powersports athletes. This product incorporates not only the HD HERO camera itself, but also the mounting hardware you need to mount the camera securely to virtually any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any other vehicle. Included are mounts for two helmets and three vehicles, as well as a suction cup for maximum versatility and convenience. The camera's quick-release mounting design makes it easy to re-position the camera around your vehicle for professional quality HD video from several angles.
- ozbelgnz10jcMay 07, 2010by
GoPro, easy enough a blonde can use it :)
I bought this to be able to evaluate my tracking dog from my point of view, so I use the head strap and wear a hat while doing so. I really like the weight, I barely notice it. It's been wonderful in the field, altho I haven't tried it in rain, yet ! If you have a laptop handy, you can download for very quick review, otherwise it's also nice to get home and watch your track on either the TV or the computer. I did end up buying a program to burn it to a CD, but we used it at a friends and used an Adobe program and that worked also. I'm looking hard at the wrist strap so I could fasten it to my dog and watch him running agility from his point of view for fun too :) Seems to be sturdy, well made, and there are replacement parts if need be for the more extreme users. I'm very happy with it !
- aplandscapingJun 28, 2010by
GoPro is all the say and more
The gopro hero is everything they say it is. Works great, super tough in the clear plastic case, I made a helmet mount out of the included "headlamp mount" and strip of heavy duty mounting tape. Wish I could use bigger than a 2 gb sd card, but o well. I didnt get the hd version, it was a little over my budget, but this one will work fine for me, I'm not one of those who has to have the latest and greatest. Highly recommended product!
- luisalb-mxJun 04, 2012by
you should hold it until you get the money.
This is A nice camera! don't get me wrong . but at the end hd high ress go pro hd2 is a thousand times better so you should spend the extra money if you have it, if you won't then it is fine ....my 5mpx android takes the same kind of pics , but not any water proving case or vehicle mounting cup or whatsoever, that's the advantage. Also remember : NO flash.
- merklifeSep 03, 2010by
I like the fact that it is small and comes with accessories to mount it just about anywhere. What i do not like is how long it takes to download to computer depending on how long the recording is.