Get Out of That Pit : Straight Talk about God's Deliverance by Beth Moore (2007, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $28.50Trending at $28.90
- $68.73Trending at $73.98
- $40.88Trending at $69.12
- $45.00Trending at $49.65
- $54.99Trending at $57.80
- $44.95Trending at $47.95
- $194.95Trending at $261.19
About this product
- SynopsisBeth Moore wants readers to know if God could lift her out of the pit, He can get ANYONE out She admits she wasn't just a visitor; this former pit-dweller had to be delivered from acres of life-accumulated dirt, bone-chilling darkness, spirit-deadening anger, heart-breaking desperation and mind-numbing confusion. The permanent lessons she learned in her desperation-shared in this very personal book-are lessons of hope for all of us. While she deeply empathizes with the hows and whys of life in the pit, she continually points readers to the deliverance that awaits. Deliverance is for everyone, she proclaims-no matter how you got stuck, no matter how long you've been down, whether you think you deserve it or not. And in her straight-talking but loving style, she reminds readers that deliverance can begin for them this very day.,What happens when we invite God's Power into our pain From her first breath of fresh air beyond the pit, it has never been enough for Beth Moore to be free. This author and teacher who's opened the riches of Scripture to millions has longed for you to be free as well. To know the Love and Presence that are better than life-and the power of God's Word that defies all darkness. Her journey out of the pit has been heart-rending. But from this and the poetic expressions of Psalm 40 has come the reward: a new song for her soul-given by her Savior and offered to you here, friend to friend. It is Beth's most stirring message yet of the sheer hope, utter deliverance . . . and complete and glorious freedom of God: I waited patiently for the Lord He turned to me and heard my cry He lifted me out of the slimy pit He set my feet on a rock He put a new song in my mouth It is a story, a song-a salvation-that you can know too.
- AuthorBeth Moore
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- Publication Date2007-01-02
- PublisherNelson Incorporated, Thomas
- Number of Volumes0 vols.
- Copyright Date2007
- Weight16 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width6 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberBV4501.3.M6542 2007
- Dewey Decimal248.8/6
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- lostah-jp7q7qzm...Jun 27, 2015by
great book got it early
got the book early cannot wait to readit.Ihave readher other books so Iknow this lady isa great author, want to get moreofher books toolater on when ican affrod it
- 986325826@delet...Jan 07, 2010by
Wonderful Read for Those Finding Themselves in the Pit
Last year was one of the very worst of my life -- and I was truly in the pit!!! I had a bad reaction to a popular prescription medication, used by many doctors. But I found out that as a person ages, medications can work differently -- and it certainly did for me! I went from being a person living a wellness lifestyle to one with dementia. I was 72 years old and spent five weeks in the Behavioral Unit to counteract the medication. On top of that, late in my stay I fell, re-injuring my pelvis which had been broken almost a year earlier.
Talk about being pushed into a pit! I really felt that I had been in a dark hole from which I was afraid I would never really emerge. I really appreciated so much that Beth Moore could identify with me, and show me the way out of the pit I was still in. The quality of writing was excellent with humor sprinkled throughout the pages. Best of all, she actually was able to help me learn how to get out; and to stay out!Read full review
- 4_wise_buckeyesNov 29, 2009by
Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore
This is a great book and hard to put down as this really opened up my eyes to the real world. We live day by day not knowing what or why we are put on this wonderful earth. This book will help you look at things in a different light! I not only read though this whole book, but bought four more for Family members as Christmas gifts. This book has helped me see that the Lord needs to be there in our lifes. He needs to be there in our prays, and blessing though the good times and the bad. We need to talk to him at all times as this not only helps in the pain, but lets us help others as this was meant to be. People seem to be so sour and always get people down as we have to learn to get away from those people and move on. People only seem to look up to him in the bad times and ask why...Try letting the Lord there in the good times as well. Thank you and God bless, :)Read full review
- 135871742@delet...Dec 23, 2008by
perfect title - very accurate
I picked up a copy of this book at a local store, as I had read some of the author's other work. After reading just a few chapters, I decided several of my friends could benefit from reading it, so I made gifts of the copies purchased on ebay. I also purchased a copy of the DVD church study guide to share with my friends. I recommend this book to anyone who suffers from any level of depression, whether you admit it or not! God provides for all our needs, and looking to Him is the only way to find true peace. All we have to do is turn to our Creator to repair the damage we have done to His creation. The enemy (Satan) wants to keep us in the muddy pit, the valley of our lives. We can do him no harm when we dwell in the darkness of the pit. So, in Beth Moore's words: "Get Out Of That Pit"! Start living in the Light of the World and find peace in God's love. This Book is not a substitute for the Bible, and doesn't claim to be. It's just a reflection of one fine Christian lady's journey out of her own pit, using and claiming God's promises as a road map, in hopes that somehow her writing can help others can find their way back to God's will. This author has a writing style that keeps you interested and if you've ever gone through a Beth Moore Bible study, you can visualize her standing there, sharing her heart with a huge group but at the same time, you think she's only talking to you. Great personal witness from a great author.Read full review
- 1036131524@dele...Dec 17, 2010by
excellent down to earth reading with simple logical and heart warming reasons
book is written to very simple and easy reading to very complicated and difficult areas in everyones life...makes it very interesting a no put down this book type of ongoing reading
wish it had 100 more pages haha smile