Best Selling in GPS Units
Save on GPS Units
- $340.00Trending at $369.95
- $415.00Trending at $485.10
- $214.00Trending at $269.00
- $57.29Trending at $68.98
- $694.95Trending at $749.00
- $902.14Trending at $949.99
- $449.00Trending at $549.00
About this product
- DescriptionTrack the shortest route to your destination using the Garmin nüvi 3790T receiver. The 800 x 480 pixels display resolution of this Garmin automotive GPS delivers clear images of the locations. The Auto sort multiple destinations feature of this Garmin GPS gets the most direct and fastest route to your destination. Keep your eyes on the road and communicate hands-free, using the Bluetooth wireless technology of this Garmin automotive GPS. The ecoRoute feature of this Garmin GPS informs about fuel efficient routes, to save money. Power up the rechargeable lithium ion battery of the Garmin nüvi 3790T receiver and enjoy non-stop performance for up to 4 hours.
- Modelnuvi 3790T
- UsageAutomotive Mountable
- System TypeFixed,Portable
- Screen Size4.3"
- User InterfaceTouch Screen,Voice Command
- Display Size3.81 in. x 2.25 in.
- Resolutions480 x 800
- Features3D Map View,Calculator,Converter,Training Computer,Vertical And Horizontal Display
- Audible FeaturesArrival Alarm,Off-Course Alarm,Spoken Street Names,Voice Navigation Instructions
- Trip calculatorAvoid toll roads,Current speed,Detour Feature,Lane Assist,Least use of freeways,Maximum speed,Most use of freeways,Points-of-Interest (POI),Real-time Traffic Reports,Route Recalculation,Shortest distance,Shortest time
- Battery Type and QuantityLithium-ion Battery
- Battery Life4 Hours
- Depth0.35 in.
- Weight0.25 lb.
- PC InterfaceUSB
- Expansion Slot Typemicro-SD slot
Most relevant reviews
- harrysbargainbi...Nov 28, 2010by
Nuvi 3790t, all said and done, not to bad
I'm a delivery driver with about 90 places we deliver to. Got tired of pushing the down button on my old 765t till I could find the one I wanted. Loading my favorites from that to this was easy. But the 3790t sometimes gets stubborn and only goes down about 30 of them before she wants to go back and start from the top. That's frustrating, having to start all over. It does take a little longer to calculate, but that may be because of the trends and traffic. It has taken me on different routes from my old one. Bluetooth was easy to connect to, but I still can't get hands free dialing or my phone book to show up. I make few calls out though, so no big deal. Incoming calls go right thru to the Nuvi. My old one took some getting used to and I'm sure the more I use this I'll like it more and it will be easier. I can't give it an excellent because it does have some quirks that aren't due to me not understanding it. It is much easier talking to it than having to push every button to get it to do something. Read full review
- malou010791Aug 09, 2011by
Good kit, but buy from somewhere reputable.
I should have known better, but this was advertised on Ebay at an unrealistically low price. I seccumbed, and then the toerag retailer never sent it. So I can't really review something that I never received. I have since purchased the model below this on a trip to the USA (3760T) which is still a very good unit. It doesn't have the 3D buildings feature or the voice activiation, but for what I paid in the US, I'm extremely happy with it. The thinness of the unit means it's much easier to keep in your pocket, and I like the brightness and resolution of the screen (excellent). It does tend to get quite hot when in use, but so far it's been performing well with no issues.
- doug1807Nov 09, 2010by
Nuvi 3790T Not so Great
This is my third (and least favorite) Garmin. I bought it because I was lured by the ultra-slim design and the 3D terrain and building views. The design is excellent and the product is as easy to use as my previous Garmins, but I've had several disappointments. First of all, so far in Canada there is no 3D effects, this changes at the border going into the States however, but there is no where on their site that explains this is a feature only available in the US. I've also been disappointed with the touch screen, which is not well calibrated, and there is no easy way to re-calibrate it. Another gripe? I bought the Europe map and the city map for London. The Garmin took about 20 minutes to figure I'd left North America, but once it came in the mapping was fine. As for the city map, forget about it. I NEVER could get the Garmin to pick up a satellite in London, too many buildings I assume, so it was extremely frustrating trying to find my way around Londo with ths feature. Totally NOT worth the money. As for the Garmin voices, come-on, you gotta be kidding. The pronunciation is horrific, especially where I live in Montreal, which has predominently French sounding names. They are completely not understandable, and they are only moderately better around my home in the Ney York Adirondacks. I totally preferred the version that didn't try to include street names. I paid a lot of money for this Garmin, but it is certainly no better in terms of technology than my Nuvi 750. I'm generally disapointed. Read full review
- ajcoolstuffAug 03, 2010by
Garmin nuvi 3790T
I decided to buy the 3790T after my 760 was stolen. Price is a little steap, but once you just get that out of the way and pull the trigger, it's worth it. I believe that lifetime traffic is a good benni, but honestly Garmin....just let us update the maps quarterly for free; you would truely hold the heavyweight belt for being the top dog for that. I much prefer Garmin over Tom Tom, and the 3790T just takes that love even farther. Sexy design, voice activated commands, "all the features", and screen resolution make for a whole new experience from Garmin. I wish the battery life was longer SEEMS THAT EVERYONE SAYS THAT ABOUT NAVI SYSTEMS, I wonder when they will address that finally! All in all, I'm very satisfied, but I wish I could be on the design team for a model, consumers would get what they long for I guarentee lol. I give it 95 out of 100..... and that's head and shoulders above what I give Tom Tom. If anyone shys away from this model because of price, hang your head in shame now. UPDATE: 10/7/2011 Still the best Navi I've ever used. I will be switching to my smartphone when this dies because... how can you beat free map updates? YOU CAN'T Go Droid! Garmin... get with the program. Map updates should be free. My Droid's free app. is kicking your @$$ lol. Still the best Navi out there though. Read full review
- 1sgmiltonJun 09, 2013by
Great GPS for the price, feature and mounting features for a motorcycle/car
I purchased 3790T GPS because of its power to the base of the mount, terrain feature, thin profile, and lite weight. I used the GPS on my 09 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide motorcycle and it led me across county and back to areas I had pre-planed in the "trip planer". I could see the screen at all times and had no problems with glare on the glass screen, which had vivid colors. I mounted the GPS on my TAC face plate and set the GPS to show bikes current speed and posted, elevation and arrival time to the next location. The "Red Light Camera" notification is a great feature.