Fundamentals of Nursing by Patricia A. Potter and Anne Griffin Perry (2008, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing by Smeltzer, Kerry H. Cheever and Janice L. Hinkle (2013, Hardcover, Revised)
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $28.77Trending at $37.89
- $68.77Trending at $73.98
- $36.48Trending at $36.89
- $45.00Trending at $51.98
- $54.99Trending at $57.80
- $42.42Trending at $46.95
- $194.95Trending at $261.19
About this product
- SynopsisComprehensive, logically organized, and now easier to read, this market-leading fundamentals text provides you with up-to-date coverage of nursing principles, concepts, and skills. The book's nursing process framework, critical thinking emphasis, health promotion focus, and thorough coverage of acute and continuing care in all settings help prepare you for nursing practice today. This new edition addresses the increased focus on evidence-based practice and new guidelines for safe patient handling. Plus, a new, cutting-edge chapter on Surviving Cancer helps prepare you to address the unique health care needs of patients who have survived cancer, but still face the physical and emotional after-effects of the illness and its therapy.
- AuthorAnne Griffin Perry,Patricia A. Potter
- Number Of Pages1520 pages
- Publication Date2008-04-01
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Edition Number7
- Copyright Date2008
- Weight92.7 Oz
- Height1.8 In.
- Width8.5 In.
- Length10.9 In.
- GroupScholarly & Professional
- LC Classification NumberRT41
- Dewey Decimal610.73
- Dewey Edition21
- Publisher's NoteThoroughly class-tested in courses at Stanford and Warwick, this text is suitable for applied mathematicians and engineers and can be used with courses or for self-study. Each chapter contains a wealth of exercises, with solutions to odd-numbered questions. A complete solutions manual is available to instructors upon request.
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentUNIT I - THE CLIENT AND THE HEALTH CARE ENVIRONMENT 1. Nursing Today 2. Health Care Delivery System 3. Community-Based Nursing Practice 4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice 5. Evidence-Based Practice UNIT II - CARING THROUGHOUT THE LIFE SPAN 6. Health and Wellness 7. Surviving Cancer 8. Caring in Nursing Practice 9. Culture and Ethnicity 10. Caring for Families 11. Developmental Theories 12. Conception Through Adolescence 13. Young to Middle Adult 14. Older Adult UNIT III - CRITICAL THINKING IN NURSING PRACTICE 15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 16. Nursing Assessment 17. Nursing Diagnosis 18. Planning for Nursing Care 19. Implementing Nursing Care 20. Evaluation 21. Managing Client Care UNIT IV - PSYCHOSOCIAL BASIS FOR NURSING PRACTICE 22. Ethics and Values 23. Legal Implications 24. Communication 25. Client Education 26. Documentation 27. Self-Concept 28. Sexuality 29. Spiritual Health 30. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief 31. Stress and Coping UNIT VI - SCIENTIFIC BASIS FOR NURSING PRACTICE 32. Vital Signs 33. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 34. Infection Control 35. Medication Administration 36. Complementary and Alternative Therapies UNIT VII - BASIC HUMAN NEEDS 37. Activity and Exercise 38. Client Safety 39. Hygiene 40. Oxygenation 41. Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balances 42. Sleep 43. Pain Management 44. Nutrition 45. Urinary Elimination 46. Bowel Elimination UNIT VIII - CLIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS 47. Mobility and Immobility 48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 49. Sensory Alteration 50. Care of Surgical Clients
Most relevant reviews
- lacmsv08Aug 21, 2010by
Fundamentals of nursing
This textbook is great for nursing students. Potter & Perry took time to really deliver information in a more direct manner. The material is well organized and it definitely helps with care plans as well. I decided to buy this textbook although I had the 6th edition because the nursing program required it and I'm glad I decided to get it.
- mikebelize2010Aug 08, 2011by
great price for condition of book
I now bought a second book for a friend. We were able to get used books at a very good price with minimal wear & tear. I strongly recommend this book & half.com to a friend.
- laurapuli1049Sep 09, 2009by
Fundamentals of Nursing
I'm a registered nurse graduated in 1975, bought this book for my daughter who is following my footsteps, book is used in her program, read some of the pages and found it very informative and accurate. An asset to any nurse's library.
- 1012749909@dele...May 10, 2011by
excellent book for nursing students and future nursing students bought for my dughter that is interested in nursing after high school, opened her eyes to somthings that a nurse will be dealing with
- 6875cathyJul 20, 2009by
Fundamentals of Nursing & CD
This book is great for Nursing 161, 1st semester of nursing school @ College of the Sequoias..........